wow, where exactly did october go? how about 2010.. where did 2010 go? can you believe there are only two months left in the year?
i have had a mellow halloween today. after publishing my post earlier today, i ate two pieces of buttered toast, went to my nephew’s blessing at his church and then came home and lounged with marshall & the pups. i thought about working out.. but then i decided to cook instead!
marshall requested pasta and i felt like a salad.. so i made both!
i had several vegetables that were begging to be eaten. i got to work on chopping them up.
on one tray: broccoli, purple cauliflower & red onion.
another tray had sweet potato and kabocha. actually, this was my very first experience with a kabocha squash (i know you are probably disappointed to hear that, heather!)
i roasted the potatoes and squash for an hour and the broccoli, cauliflower and onion for 30 minutes~ both at 425 degrees.
meanwhile, i prepped some extra firm tofu that had been in my tofu press for a few hours.
after dicing it, i put the tofu in a ziploc bag along with trader joe’s 21 seasoning salute and some olive oil.
a whole new meaning of “shake & bake”!
i baked the tofu for about 25 minutes at 425 degrees.
i made a batch of my classic hummus that would be incorporated in both my salad and marshall’s pasta.
for marshall’s pasta sauce, i mixed about 3/4 cup of the hummus with the juice of 2 lemons, dried basil, dried oregano and a whole bulb of roasted garlic!
i love roasted garlic. it is sooo simple.
pop it into the oven for 45 minutes..
i tossed some farfalle noodles with the sauce and some parmesan cheese.
when the tofu was done, i tossed half of the batch into the pasta.
bon appetit, babe!
he didn’t eat that whole bowl of pasta. instead, he plated some up along with a bunch of the roasted veggies and said he enjoyed every bite.
with marshall out of the way () i got to work on assembling my salad and mixing my dressing. in no time, my dinner was ready.
romaine, spinach, feta cheese, roasted sweet potatoes, kabocha, red onion, purple cauliflower, broccoli and tofu.
for the dressing, i simply watered down some of the hummus and added a little dijon mustard for a nice kick.
delicious! i love all the colors.
it was really simple to make two separate dinners that used several similar components. and the best part is both marshall and i were able to satisfy our individual cravings. everyone is happy.
since it is the last day of the month, i decided i better come clean on my october goals. some went well, others.. eh.. not so much.
time to be accountable! in a PASS / FAIL format
- drink a gallon of water a day. PASS. only missed a couple days on this one!
- eat more protein. PASS. i have managed to get 40% of my calories from protein intake most days.
- remember to take my vitamins! FAIL.yeah.. i am forgetful.
- increase mileage. PASS. check out my mileage page, i am right on track for my goal!
- be consistent with exercise. PASS. i have worked out 5-6 times a week for the whole month.
- flipping finish unpacking!! big fat FAIL. i am such a procrastinator!
- put things away. PASS. i have developed a good habit of putting things away more often.
- read a book. FAIL. didn’t even start one.
- look into going back to school. VOID. this one is on hold.
- create more meals & moves pages. PASS. i made a whole bunch of meals pages, but i need to work on the moves pages a bit.
there you have it. my 10 goals for the 10th month of the year in review. i will have to work on those ones i failed at! there’s always tomorrow, right?
well, i am going to go back into the kitchen and make banana nut pumpkin muffins. what can i say, i love to bake.
one last time.. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
this one is from 2008.. she was so little!
1. did you have goals in october? how did you do with them?
2. do you eat the same meals as your significant other/roommates/family or do you eat separate meals?
xo. janetha g.