it’s cold out.

by Janetha on October 30, 2010

in meals

utah and halloween don’t go hand in hand if you have a tank top dress as your costume. i need to find something to cover up with to keep me warm tonight!

i slept in until 9:45 this morning. i gazed out the window from the comfort of my warm covers and really debated staying in bed all day. it was nice and warm in my bed, especially with a dog on either side of me! (marshall is working today Sad smile)

i finally convinced myself to roll out of bed (literally, our bed is one of those ones that is real close to the ground so i can just roll on out Winking smile).

what’s keeping me warm right now is this mug of coffee:

lately, i have become obsessed with spiking my coffee with cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. add a dash of almond milk and you’ve got yourself an unsweetened pumpkin spice latte.

i don’t like my coffee sweet, so this works out perfectly. plus it doesn’t cost $5 at starbucks. i am not a fan of that place.

i have big plans to hit the gym today for some cardio. i am not really in the mood, but i know that is a surefire way to warm me up. we’ll see what happens.

there is no real reason for this post, but i wanted to say hi and tell everyone to have a fun, safe night tonight if you are going out for halloween! i am going to a couple parties, nobody told me to bring anything but i have the itch to bake.. so maybe the hostess of one particular party will end up with a tray full of baked goods.  i can’t be stopped. it’s a problem.

because i don’t want this post to be completely useless, here ya go.

links to lurk:

• my long-time reader christin finally started a blog of her own. i love this girl and am so excited she is blogging now. check her out at purple bird blog.
  • thanks to twitter, i happened to stumble across this blog that just bakes a bunch of random, fun things inside of cakes. check out bake it in a cake. i especially liked the one where they baked a pumpkin pie inside a cupcake.
  • heather, julie & evan have created a fun challenge called “macaroon monday”—they all want to try making  french macaroons and have challenged everyone to make something they’ve always wanted to try making but never have for one reason or another. if you want to join in the challenge and make something new-to-you, you can check out the details here: macaroon monday.
  • i have to make angela’s chickpea bites, don’t they look perfectly delicious??
  • do you ever wish almond joys were made with dark chocolate or that mounds were made with an almond? well, i always wish that. now you can make your own almond joys with DARK chocolate, just use joy the baker’s recipe for homemade almond joys and use dark chocolate.
  • two of my favorite bloggers, kailey @ snackface and j @ j’s everyday fashion, are in the running for sunglass hut’s full time fashion blogger. you get one vote per email address, but if you are like me and have 4 different email addresses, you can vote for both of them. please do! just click their names above to be taken to their submissions.

last but not least, i want to say congratulations to julie who is getting married today!

have a great night, friends.. i will check in tomorrow!

1. what are you doing tonight? staying in or going out? dressing up?

2. any links you want to add to the list for lurking? i love to hear what you’ve been reading & loving.

3. is it cold where you live?

lindsay October 30, 2010 at 11:14 am

I guess I can’t complain. I thought it was cold here this morning when I woke up to 45degrees! Now its almost 70F. Thats cold for Austin, haha!
Stay warm!!! Snuggle up with those cute pups!

MAJL October 30, 2010 at 11:25 am

It is cold where I live; had to wear a toque and two pairs of socks for my outdoor workout. Back in the day, we used to go trick-or-treating in snowsuits!!!
I also do not like Starbucks and prefer local coffee places.
Happy Halloween!

Erica October 30, 2010 at 11:33 am

I hope it warms up a bit for you! I’m excited to see your costume. We are not dressing up. In fact, Josh isn’t feeling too hot…so I’m thinking we’re probably in for the night. Angela’s chickpea bites do look so so good. I have big calves too (strong musclessss), boots rarely look jammin over them (or fit). Hope you have fun tonight

plamarie October 30, 2010 at 11:34 am

I like the idea of pumpkin pie spiced coffee with no sweetener, I’m with you there! Have a restful day and do as you like. I am going to a friend’s tonight and think I want to bake too ;)

GetHealthyWithHeather October 30, 2010 at 11:42 am

Heck yeah it’s cold here in Washington too. Halloween is usually rainy… poor kiddos :(

Hangry pants October 30, 2010 at 11:59 am

Thank you for spreading the new!

Lauren October 30, 2010 at 12:26 pm

It felt incredible to sleep in today! As it gets colder, my desire to stay in bed gets larger and larger. Especially with how dark it stays in the mornings now.

Hope today is fantastic and stay warm love! :)

Stefanie October 30, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Oh my gosh, I have to make Angela’s Chickpea Bites too! They look SO good. And her recipes never fail, so I know they’ll be delicious!

Have a great time tonight! I’m excited to see your costume!

actorsdiet October 30, 2010 at 1:29 pm

i want to snuggle up and be a homebody! i think i will!

inmytummy October 30, 2010 at 1:33 pm

Not so cold here in Georgia. Well, during the day it isn’t. It’s in the 40s at night.

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine October 30, 2010 at 2:37 pm

It’s finally getting chillier here in NYC…I was enjoying the Indian Summer for awhile though!! And I’m so excited for Julie today. Can’t wait to see her pics!

Katy October 30, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Lucas doesn’t like pumpkin, so I’ve been treating myself to decaf pumpkin spice in the french press after work… :)

When I was a kid, growing up in New England, post-trick or treat hot chocolate was a tradition. Now that I’m in Florida (90 degrees for Halloween???) it seems sad that kids here don’t do that.

MelissaNibbles October 30, 2010 at 3:19 pm

I’m dressing as a Slutty Slut for Halloween.

BroccoliHut October 30, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I’ve had that problem many a time–super cute costume but you have to cover up due to frigid temps!
Seth and I are still trying to figure out what to do tonight, but we finally got our costumes–we’re being ketchup and mustard:)

Tina October 30, 2010 at 3:36 pm

I am ALL about the pumpkin spice in my coffee grounds to brew a pumpkin coffee. Did that this morning too in fact.

Abby October 30, 2010 at 3:54 pm

I’m in Michigan, so most years my costumes had to factor in the weather (which could be snow or 70 degrees–fun times.) All the little goblins are trick-or-treating tomorrow, so tonight I’m just lame and staying home to watch the games ;)

However, I do remember when I was a cocktail waitress (8 years ago) I actually quit my job on Halloween. I was kind of looking for an excuse, but I was dressed as a “sexy genie” and froze my ass off because they wouldn’t shut any of the doors. They made us dress up and I was freezing, so I scooted out of there, put on another layer and went out to party ;)

purplebirdblog October 30, 2010 at 4:57 pm

Thank you SO MUCH Miz Janetha! I got a lot of views from you doing that! You’re the bestest! x0x0

runningaroundnormal October 30, 2010 at 7:11 pm

Have fun at your parties, girl! I went out last night as a scary vampire, but tonight I’m staying in – and it feels very good :)
Happy Halloween :D

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) October 30, 2010 at 9:13 pm

love all the links and I wish i could have stayed in bed too :)

cant’ wait for Hween pics from you!!!!!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) October 30, 2010 at 9:30 pm

You turned me onto Hollaback Girls- lOVE THem!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) October 30, 2010 at 9:34 pm

PS. It was about 79 degrees today- yes you can hate me if you want ;-)

Being boring today- I feel I’m getting a cold (the first in about 5 years) and so I took a BUBBLE BATH and watched the kitties cuddle, which is CNN-newsflash-worthy.

Have fun!!

simplyshaka October 31, 2010 at 5:52 pm

OH MY GOD. That almond joy looks a little too easy to make and I love Almond Joys. Can we say dangerous?? Thanks for posting, I stubbornly put on my favorites list. I was going to dress up last night but wasn’t feeling too hot so I spent five or six hours watching House. All in all, a good night.

I wish it was cold here. It was in the 70’s today which is fine but it was cooler earlier this wk, I just want it to be consistent. Regardless, I am rocking my fleece pj pants!