utah and halloween don’t go hand in hand if you have a tank top dress as your costume. i need to find something to cover up with to keep me warm tonight!
i slept in until 9:45 this morning. i gazed out the window from the comfort of my warm covers and really debated staying in bed all day. it was nice and warm in my bed, especially with a dog on either side of me! (marshall is working today )
i finally convinced myself to roll out of bed (literally, our bed is one of those ones that is real close to the ground so i can just roll on out ).
what’s keeping me warm right now is this mug of coffee:
lately, i have become obsessed with spiking my coffee with cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. add a dash of almond milk and you’ve got yourself an unsweetened pumpkin spice latte.
i don’t like my coffee sweet, so this works out perfectly. plus it doesn’t cost $5 at starbucks. i am not a fan of that place.
i have big plans to hit the gym today for some cardio. i am not really in the mood, but i know that is a surefire way to warm me up. we’ll see what happens.
there is no real reason for this post, but i wanted to say hi and tell everyone to have a fun, safe night tonight if you are going out for halloween! i am going to a couple parties, nobody told me to bring anything but i have the itch to bake.. so maybe the hostess of one particular party will end up with a tray full of baked goods. i can’t be stopped. it’s a problem.
because i don’t want this post to be completely useless, here ya go.
links to lurk:
- my long-time reader christin finally started a blog of her own. i love this girl and am so excited she is blogging now. check her out at purple bird blog.
- thanks to twitter, i happened to stumble across this blog that just bakes a bunch of random, fun things inside of cakes. check out bake it in a cake. i especially liked the one where they baked a pumpkin pie inside a cupcake.
- heather, julie & evan have created a fun challenge called “macaroon monday”—they all want to try making french macaroons and have challenged everyone to make something they’ve always wanted to try making but never have for one reason or another. if you want to join in the challenge and make something new-to-you, you can check out the details here: macaroon monday.
- i have to make angela’s chickpea bites, don’t they look perfectly delicious??
- do you ever wish almond joys were made with dark chocolate or that mounds were made with an almond? well, i always wish that. now you can make your own almond joys with DARK chocolate, just use joy the baker’s recipe for homemade almond joys and use dark chocolate.
- two of my favorite bloggers, kailey @ snackface and j @ j’s everyday fashion, are in the running for sunglass hut’s full time fashion blogger. you get one vote per email address, but if you are like me and have 4 different email addresses, you can vote for both of them. please do! just click their names above to be taken to their submissions.
last but not least, i want to say congratulations to julie who is getting married today!
have a great night, friends.. i will check in tomorrow!
1. what are you doing tonight? staying in or going out? dressing up?
2. any links you want to add to the list for lurking? i love to hear what you’ve been reading & loving.
3. is it cold where you live?
xo. janetha g.