i honestly wasn’t sure i would make it to friday this week. to put it bluntly: work has been hell. more hellish than usual. i will leave it at that because i don’t want to be a whiner!
for the record.. the lasagna was PHENOMENAL!
i loved the recipe and will be making it again.
i know it was not an authentic lasagna recipe and broke all sorts of italian cooking rules with the cottage cheese and dried herbs.. but it was affordable, simple and delicious. however, i want to give an authentic lasagna recipe a whirl sometime!
instead of boring you all with my fifth protein smoothie for breakfast this week and my leftovers for lunch, i have decided to lighten the mood a bit and do a post of lists of five. i haven’t done one in ages and we all know how excited i get over lists. it’s almost embarrassing how giddy i am when it comes to list making. i can never single things down to just one, so i always give my list of five. and now, you get to hear it. er.. read it.
five most recent recipes i “starred” in my reader:
- Coconut Cookie Dough Balls/Bars (ashley @ the edible perpective)
- Oreo Cheesecake Pretzel Bites (jenny @ picky palate)
- Almond Butter Granola Bars (erica @ itzy’s kitchen)
- Creamy Spinach & Asparagus Pasta (heather @ where’s the beach)
- Vegan Mac & Cheese (guest poster on lynn’s blog @ the actor’s diet)
can’t wait to try some of these recipes out! life is getting a little more settled so i really hope i find time for experimenting in the kitchen.
five beverages i consumed this week:
- coffee (and lots of it!)
- white wine
- orange juice
- protein shakes (five of them!) and yes, they are a beverage. they are liquid!
five most recent purchases with my debit card:
- gasoline ($10.57)<—i was running late for work and just pumped enough to get me there!
- corkscrew ($2.12)<—needs no explaining
- the home depot ($454.62) <—house renovations are pricey
- winder farms ($19.63)<—this is my grocery delivery service. eggs, milk, OJ & yogurt
- smith’s marketplace ($18.79)<—more groceries
i spend most my money on groceries. it used to be clothes. my, how priorities change.
five favorite sources of protein (in no order):
- greek yogurt
- garbanzos (or any bean.. mainly the garbz)
- vanilla protein powder
cottage cheese just barely missed the cut! it was between that and the pro pow, but without the powder i wouldn’t have my delicious shakes.
five pet peeves:
- people who chew unnecessarily loud and/or with their mouth open. same goes for audibly “gulping” their drinks. #1 pet peeve in the WORLD.
- the term “couldn’t care less” being used wrong.. so many people say “could care less”, that is NOT how the saying goes
- people who try to make bad, stupid jokes about my name. they aren’t funny, folks. and i’ve heard it before. i know my name is weird, get over it. i have.
- stepping in water while wearing socks. i blame randy’s ears for this. he drinks out of the dog water bowl and his ears get saturated and he proceeds to sprinkle water all over the house.
- when people ask me where my tattoos are (after they see that my husband is covered in them).. i am my own person, i don’t like tattoos. also, i hate it when people say “i wonder if your babies will come out tattooed?” get a grip. that’s a worse joke than you calling me “urethra”.
five reasons i am looking forward to fall:
- it will be cool enough to run the high school bleachers in the evenings
- pumpkin, apples & other fall foods
- leaves changing colors.. gorgeous!
- one word: hoodies
five childhood things i reminisced about last night:
five blogs i’ve added to my reader recently:
- Heather’s Dish (she’s got fantastic looking recipes, can’t wait to try some)
- Coffee & the Paper (susan of Tangerine Trees & Marmalade Skies – new blog)
- Joy the Baker (great recipes with a side of sass, love her blog so far!)
- Faces of Beauty (AWESOME movement started by the heather in #1)
- Callieflower Kitchen (added because she’s susan’s friend, but WOW her photos are gorgeous)
five things i am going to do this weekend:
- take a nap. like, RIGHT after work.
- hang out around a fire and make s,mores (if the weather cooperates…)
- upper body workout of some sort
- give the dogs a shower (marshall and i take turns each week)
- menu plan & grocery shop (i am such a dweeb)
to keep in the theme of five.. i bring you five fun photos from the archives. there are several more where these came from. these are just a handful.
1. who wants a moustache ride? may 2008.
2. victorias secret models really have nothing on this team pink. camping with our bright orange gloves, no less. september 2006.
3. my first (and only) visit to the volcom store in LA. i was pumped. november 2007.
4. probably one of the only photos i have with my cousins. i was 2. sometime in 1985. (can you spot me?)
5. a gingerbread man sandwich! september 2007.
granted, this was a half assed post when it comes to effort. gimme a break! it’s been a long week.
1. what is one of your pet peeves?
2. why are looking forward to fall? and if you aren’t.. why aren’t you?
3. what do you spend the majority of your $$$ on? (besides bills!)
xo. janetha g.