guest post! heather d.

by Janetha on July 20, 2010

in meals

Heather from Heather Eats Almond Butter (HEAB for short) here. Many thanks to my J. Bean for allowing me to guest post here at Meals and Moves. Love that girl’s sweet spirit. :)

I also love many of Janetha’s recipes, and I’ve had her Buffalo Chicken Salad bookmarked since…let’s see…December according to the date on the post. Well, better late than never, and this recipe was totally worth the wait. So simple and so good! I had to make a few HEABifications since my body doesn’t vibe with cow’s milk, but thank goodness for goat milk yogurt!

First I baked 3 large chicken breasts in a 375° oven for 50 minutes. After they cooled a bit, I shredded them in my food processor along with 2 stalks of celery. I then mixed the chicken and celery with about 6 ounces of Trader Joe’s plain goat milk yogurt (all I had), 2 TBSP Emeril’s Wing Sauce and 2 tsp of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix.

IMG_5263.JPG

The finished product served atop a bed of wilted spinach, banana peppers (I’m obsessed), and blue corn tortilla chips…

IMG_5264.JPG

CD, my husband, loaded up his salad with some as well…

IMG_5268.JPG

I wish I’d had more yogurt to make it creamier, but the seasonings were spot on Janetha..I also wish I could have loaded it up with blue cheese crumbles. Silly dairy allergy! ;)

Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe with us J. Bean! Many congrats on your marriage, and I hope you’re having a wonderful time on your honeymoon!

Question: What is your favorite Meals and Moves recipe?

homecookedem July 20, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Love BOTH Janetha and HEAB!! :) I am obsessed with 3 food ingredients in this post: tortilla chips, wing sauce, and banana peppers! This looks delicious!!

julie July 20, 2010 at 3:56 pm

banana peppers SO gooooooood!!!

mmm my fav m&m recipe is totally the cheesecake bites! EVERYONE loved them when i made them for halloween this year and turned them orange and black haha :)

Mara @ What's For Dinner? July 20, 2010 at 5:16 pm

AAH! Two of my faves in one place :) Love you both!

fightingwithfood July 20, 2010 at 7:01 pm

I love seeing HEAB over here at Meals & Moves! Thanks for another great recipe, Heather!
I am partial to Janetha’s turkey goulash. I tried it and served it over spaghetti squash instead of with noodles and it was awesome!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) July 20, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Heather you are truly THE MOST GRACIOUS soul when it comes to doing guesties. I dont think there’s one you ever have turned down and you are just amazing.

Both you and Janetha are wonderful women and here’s to J on her honeymoon, and H on her babymoon (soon). Never in a million yrs would I have ever dreamt that blogging could bring all this joy into my life :)

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) July 21, 2010 at 5:10 am

Mmm, mm this looks delish! I haven’t made this recipe, but I think I need to now! I love Miss Janetha’s chicken broccoli couscous dish! Yum!

xo
Kris

themohdiaries July 21, 2010 at 5:55 am

I need to try that ASAP! Perhaps tonight? I’m pretty sure I have all of those ingredients! Woohoo!

bubblegumgymkat July 21, 2010 at 6:09 am

I’ve given you an award! Check it out at my blog!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) July 22, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Yum, Heabie! I have so many things bookmarked from months and months ago, it’s a wonder I ever make anything! I’m glad that you finally made this- it looks amazing! Love you my friend!

And Janetha- stop reading your comments, you should be doing something fun! :-) hahah. I miss you. So behind on your blog (and everyone elses!!!)

Bekah July 26, 2010 at 8:40 am

Ooo I love the Heabified version with the banana peppers! Looks delicious.