bacheloretteness!

by Janetha on July 12, 2010

in meals

i am going to apologize right now and tell you that i am sorry i can’t ramble on with lots of witty commentary about my weekend.

there is just no time! i am seriously strapped for time.. let’s see:

• monday night: blog, gym, pack
  • tuesday: work, pack, gym, get nails filled
  • wedneday: work, move to my new house!
  • thursday: work, dinner, minus the bear show!
  • friday: tan, costco, prepare food, rehearsal dinner
  • saturday: breakfast, pedicure, makeup, hair, photos, wedding ceremony!, reception
  • sunday: PEACE OUT TO MEXICO!

see? no time.

but i did want to give you a little recap of saturday, my bachelorette party day!

it all started with kristen taking me out to lunch at the wild grape.

i had never eaten at the wild grape, but i’d heard awesome things AND my roommate works there.  the menu was full of so many brunch options, it was hard to pick!

i narrowed it down to the black forest omelet: ham, mushrooms, caramelized onions & gouda. served with house potatoes & a biscuit.

yowza! this was quite possibly the best omelet that has ever entered my mouth. i am not exaggerating, it was just that good! caramelized onions and melty gouda were M.F.E.O.!

kristen is the biggest babe on the planet and surprised me with this awesome owl coffee mug..

i love owls, i love coffee! perfection in a mug!

she also had another surprise up her sleeve.. i found this out when she dropped me off here:

and said, “see ya in a few hours!”

the kura door is a holistic japanese spa.  they gave me a tour of the spa, let me change into my robe, and told me to relax until my appointment.

IMG_8064 IMG_8074IMG_8061 IMG_8067 IMG_8072

i enjoyed some lemon water and had a nice, long sit in the sauna.

kristen had booked the traditional javanese lulur body ritual for my appointment. WOW. this was insanely amazing! it started off with a massage and a facial, then a yogurt scrub, then i was wrapped up like a burrito, then i took a shower. then a bath. and then i got the best massage ever! it was pure bliss the whole time. thank you, kristen!!

i was thinking that if i was rich and/or a celebrity, i would get this treatment every day. no doubt about it.

after the glorious day at the spa, kristen picked me up and we went to the hotel where we got ready for the night.

i had my white houndstooth dress all ready to go! i’ve been dying to wear it!

the girls made sure to decorate the room super cute (with purple! not pink, i hate pink.) and i was fully equipped with a feather boa, a penis headband AND penis wand. yes.

IMG_8129IMG_8102 IMG_8086 IMG_8100 IMG_8101

there were snacks, too! all my favorites. sun dried tomato hummus, pita chips, food should taste good chips, veggies & greek yogurt ranch dip. so thoughtful! i have no idea where the photos of all that stuff went..

once everyone arrived, it was time to open gifts. they ranged from sexy to kinky and they were all fabulous. i have the best friends! thanks everyone!

penis shaped egg fryer!

IMG_8149 IMG_8156 IMG_8160 IMG_8171

after gifts, the limo picked us up to go to dinner.

woooo! bubbly in the limo!

we went to a wine bar called moxi, we ordered small plates.

IMG_8237 IMG_8284 IMG_8265 IMG_8279 IMG_8271 IMG_8268

after dinner it was back to the hotel for a bit, then we decided to head out to the bars.

first we went to the circle lounge and i remembered why i don’t go there. D bags all over the place.

we walked down the road to a bar that is a little more up my alley, the jackalope. it is a dive bar.. i hate those fancy ritzy bars and clubs. i am all about the dives. we ended up seeing a bunch of our friends, so that was perfect!

the night ended with some of the girls pushing one of the girls back to the hotel in a shopping cart.

no more saturdays as a single lady! eep!

well, i have LOTS to do. hope you enjoyed the recap and i will try to check in again soon :)

no Qs today. sorry!

xo. janetha b.

lo July 13, 2010 at 10:58 am

i once stole a shopping cart whilst under the influence of something called Svedka…whoops. You are looking so pretty lady in these pics. Can I have that ‘lets get naked’ shirt? bc it is epic…

xoxo
and congrats honey!

lolo

Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices July 13, 2010 at 11:20 am

AHHHH I’m SO excited for you!!!!!!! It’s ALMOST TIME!!! :) :) :)
You look gorgeous in your bachelorette dress- I LOVE it.
Cannot wait to see the real dress.

Michelle July 13, 2010 at 11:28 am

I’m SO excited for you love!! You must be on the edge of your seat ecstatic!

LOVE YOU miss! (Soon to be Mrs!)

Katie July 13, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Oh my word, how fun!! You are so close to being a married lady…the countdown is so officially on (and close!) – enjoy it all!!! :-)

Lara (Thinspired) July 13, 2010 at 1:46 pm

I LOVE how you are in white and all your girls in black. Classy and so perfect for a bachelorette party! You look fabulous!

Tamizn July 13, 2010 at 2:06 pm

You look so pretty! Good luck on your wedding day look forward to seeing the pictures of your beautiful day x x

runningaroundnormal July 13, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Your friends are amazing! Love it. Very nice bachelorette party. And you look GORGEOUS! I’m so excited for you, girl!! XOXO

Teri [a foodie stays fit] July 13, 2010 at 4:04 pm

FUN!!! I’m so excited for your! Your friends are amazing. I’ve always wanted to go to the Kura Door. So jealous!

BroccoliHut July 13, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Love that houndstooth dress–looks particularly fetching with the crown:)

dmcgirl37 July 13, 2010 at 4:18 pm

I didnt know you were getting married! looks like such a party! im glad you had a blast :) What a great group of friends you have…Lucky lady :)

Dana xo

The Healthy Hostess July 13, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Such a fun time! Love the shirt! My husband would totally want one!

Jocelyn @ Peace.Love.Nutrition July 13, 2010 at 6:34 pm

I’m serious getting so excited and anxious for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!! So soon : )

Looks like a fun bachlorette party— love the purple penis crown– such a classic! haha

Laura July 13, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Ahhhh!!!! Looks like so much fun! I’m so happy for you! :D

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) July 13, 2010 at 8:04 pm

girl, all i can say is congrats, it looks amazing, take a xanax if you need one cuz your life is crazy right now :)
love you!!!

emily July 14, 2010 at 2:21 pm

the houndstooth looks amazing! have fun in Mexico ;D

Bekah July 14, 2010 at 4:21 pm

janeeetha! i can’t get over how beautiful and happy you look in all of these pictures. SO much fun. But you’re going to have so much MORE fun being married!

thinking of you this weekend! (and really, all week in general.)

Jill July 14, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Your party looks so fun! I hope your day is awesome – just relax and enjoy it.

zoe July 14, 2010 at 4:29 pm

seriously miss thing, you look AMAZING! you’re glowing, for reals :)

good luck with everything this week! sending you lots of good, happy vibes!

nutritionedge July 14, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Congratulations again Janetha! Words cannot express how truly happy I am for you! You look stunning and radiate joy! Great recap! Enjoy every single day and don’t stress about things that aren’t priorities! I hate pink too!
Your dress is gorgeous and you have the best friends ever! She surprised you with a SPA treatment?? So nice!
Barbara

Barbara July 14, 2010 at 5:13 pm

I did it again! I posted under another account. SORRY! This is from me not wordpress!
Barbara