time flies.

by Janetha on July 7, 2010

in meals

is it just me, or does time go by faster the older we get?

when i was a kid, time went by sooo s-l-o-w!!

the school year was never ending and when summer finally came, each day seemed to be 50 hours long.

not the case anymore. i could’ve sworn i was celebrating the new year just yesterday.

do you wonder what i am eluding to?

as of today, july 7, i have been engaged for 5 months.

2-7-10 082

jamaica – february 7, 2010.

you can read about the proposal here.

rewind 5 months.  we decided to get married in july. this is because:

a) summer weddings are the jam

b) we didn’t want to wait until summer 2011

c) we wanted to buy a house before the $8000 tax credit thing went away

yes, those were all reasons.  by the end of our trip in jamaica, we had set july 17, 2010 as our wedding date.

here was my thought process: “we have a little over five months. that is plenty of time to do everything! i will start early and get a little done at a time and by the time july rolls around it will all be done and i will just have to wait for the day to arrive!”

hahahaha.

fast forward to today.

let’s just say i work well under pressure. there is still so much to do in the next 9 days (yet i am blogging…)

how about a trip down memory lane? now, a lot has happened in the last 5 months, so i can’t mention them all.. but here are some month-by-month highlights!

february: engaged in jamaica

march: booked a venue

april: bought a house & decided to renovate the whole dang thing

may: got our engagement photos taken

imageimage

june: got my bridal photos taken

imageimageimage

AND NOW IT IS JULY! in the blink of a freaking eye.

and i have 9 days, 2 hours, 44 minutes and 47 seconds until my wedding day.

yikes.

image_thumb42

breakfast was muesli+almond milk+mighty maple.

i was too lazy to go into the conference room (where i usually take my photos while at work.. for the natural lighting) so this photo was taken at my desk.  see that pink paw in the background?

i got this when mable died. it really is an imprint of her paw!

i poured the almond milk into the muesli and stuck it in the fridge for about an hour while i worked and sucked down my iced coffee. an hour is all you need to get the perfect consistency!

mighty maple peanut butter for staying power.

let’s not talk about my doctor’s appointment that was at 10:15 AM or the blood that was drawn, k? thanks.

got back from the doc at 12:45 and immediately had to go to a meeting.

so let’s not talk about the fact that i didn’t eat anything between the hours of 9 AM and 3 PM.. AND that there was blood drawn between those hours.

ugh.

as soon as i was out of my meeting i literally inhaled an apple. braeburn, for the record.

once i got to my house i whipped up a coffee protein frosty and had no desire to take a photo. you can pretend i did and just look at this photo and tint it a little brownsh because i used coffee instead of almond milk.

once the hunger beast was somewhat tamed, i got my camera out and took a photo of part 2 of whatever meal you want to call this.

sprouted wheat bread (toasted)+laughing cow cheese+an egg

you may find this strange, but to make my egg, i simply crack it into a bowl, pour about 2 TB water in with the egg and microwave it for a minute. the result is an over-hard egg! super simple.  then i mash the egg up over my toast.

tasty.

then i was off!!

insert 4 hours of errands here.

four hours of errands = cranky janetha b.

i did get a lot done. i don’t want to talk about it.. but i can promise you i got my 10,000 steps in for the day. cross my heart.

i came home and made dinner!

first i diced some tofu that had been in my tofuXpress for a the 4 hours i was erranding (yes i just made that word up)..

then i slathered butter in a skillet (because i am out of pam) and threw the tofu in the skillet. i then drizzled the tofu with extra virgin olive oil and this:

everyday seasoning! i use it every day!

i also steamed some veggies..

threw in a can of diced tomatoes..

and a generous pour of this sauce:

tofu went in the pot!

mixed it all up and called it delicious.

and it was.

that everyday seasoning from trader joe’s is really flavorful. highly recommend it. no, we don’t have a TJ’s here in utah.. but i bet you can recruit someone to mail you some if needs be.

i just licked my bowl clean and am contemplating seconds….

hey, whatever works to help me procrastinate packing my house up for the move, right?

guest post thursday tomorrow! i have a VERY special person lined up. check back!

talk to you guys friday :)

1. to the married/engaged folk: how long was/is your engagement?
five months, ten days. many have told me this is too short. but i am happy that we didn’t make it longer. i can’t wait to be a mrs!

2. what errand do you hate the most? i HATE returning purchases. hate hate hate. i usually end up keeping whatever it is i need to return because i loathe the returning process so much that i put it off and then it is too late to return whatever said item is. i currently have 13 picture frames, 2 necklaces, 1 shirt, 1 dress and a partridge in a pear tree to return to various stores. ok, maybe not the partridge.. but everything else.

xo. janetha b.

lowandbhold July 8, 2010 at 8:38 am

How have I not seen those bridal photos?! Goooorgeous! It’s getting so close and soon it will be here and you can just relax and enjoy YOUR day!

melissadishes July 8, 2010 at 9:00 am

LOVE your bridals! I’m really excited for you!

QOTD:
1) Never married or engaged. My BF and I have been dating for 5.5 years though and own a house and 2 cars together. I never really believe in living together without being married, but it kinda just happened and we’re happy :-)

2) I hate returning things too! My most unfavorite is setting foot in Walmart. I only go there when forced to. I should have bought 2 jars of Naturally More PB last weekend when I was there!

Tina July 8, 2010 at 9:20 am

Oh, I despise returning things too!! It’s an extra trip to the same store, for the same item. It’s like repeating an errand. Gar!

Peter & I were engaged for a little over 6 months. It did make it stressful towards the end to be sure everything was ready. I bet you are super stressed and busy these days.

I can’t believe how fast time goes by now. And I hate to tell you – it goes super warp speed once you have kids.

Paige (Running Around Normal) July 8, 2010 at 9:28 am

Look at you go! You are on fire, girl. Sorry about not getting anything to eat during the day for so long. I would be one cranky woman.
I hate returning as well. Some stores give you so much flack about it! Sucks.

Morgan July 8, 2010 at 9:38 am

We were engaged for a year and a half. We got engaged my second year of law school, and I wanted to wait until I graduated to get married. The thought of going back to school (which I HATED) after starting such a great new chapter in my life was just not appealing to me!
I hate when I have to run into the grocery store for just one or two things…the lines are always ridiculously long and it takes forever

Mama Pea July 8, 2010 at 9:46 am

Your bridal photos are breathtaking. I cannot stop staring at them. And now I am the biggest creeper ever.

janetha July 8, 2010 at 9:57 am

i mean, being a creep isn’t a BAD thing..

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews July 8, 2010 at 10:03 am

You look so beautiful in your pictures! Have an amazing wedding!

Jamie July 8, 2010 at 10:16 am

Janetha I just love your blog! My fiance proposed on my bday of this year (Jan 5th) and we’re getting married July 16th of 2011. Our engagement will have been over a year and a half! Which, at first seemed way too long–but with 6 months here and gone already, it’s probably best for a procrastinator like me! I’m so looking forward to reading about your big day. It’s gotten me so pumped up for this time next year!

lo July 8, 2010 at 10:23 am

ahhhh u got engaged the DAY before my bday. now we are forever going to celebrate feb 7/8 togeths. btw…ur wedding pics are gorg!!!

loveeee
lolo

Tay July 8, 2010 at 10:55 am

OMG you look BEAUTIFUL in your bridal pictures. I’m not sure if you’ve already posted them and I somehow missed them but I love that picture. I have a feeling your dress is the exact type of dress I love. eeee how exciting can’t wait for your big day!!!

1. Not engaged, not married so N/A!

2. Hmmm well I love groceries. Oh I know…I hate home depot! So any type of errand that has to do with Home Depot.

Lisa July 8, 2010 at 11:32 am

We Got Engaged August 29th 2008 and Married February 20th 2009.
So only 5 months and 21 days….3 more weeks than you.
It was a bit of a time crunch but it was one of those “Why wait” questions….
One thing we did do that i loved is we waited until March 7th to take our Hawaiian honeymoon. It was a GREAT idea because evrything was so rush,rush,rush we had a couple weeks to just rest and relax together before packing up and flying half way around the world (We live in Toronto).

anutritionisteats July 8, 2010 at 11:33 am

Your wedding pictures are GORGEOUS!!!

closet365project July 8, 2010 at 11:53 am

You look so goregous in your bridals. That dress looks amazing from what I can see.

I can’t believe it’s almost wedding day too!

I am definitely working on my guest post for you but I feel dumb about how to include pictures or links. Drop me a line if you get a minute!

Maura @ theMOHdiaries July 8, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Ohh my gosh, those bridal photos are gorgeous!! I can’t wait to read the recap of your special day! As for your questions: 1) I’m single/never been married and 2) my least favorite errand…going to the dry cleaners. Love the result..hate shelling out the cash for it, though!!

julie July 8, 2010 at 12:16 pm

is it wrong to say that i HATE returning books to the library hahaha. i hate the feeling of book pressure and the stupid 20 cents i’ll lose if i forget to get it there in time! and it’s the easiest thing ever

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! you’re almost married!!!!!! seriously i love love haha. i’m more excited for you then you are ;) i wish i was in utah so i could help you out and you could just be engaged and stress fureeee

Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices July 8, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Great post, as usual :D You always have the BEST photos!!
I am SOOOOO excited for you- time is FLYING for sure.
I cannot wait for the final dress pics!!!! & just to see all of the pictures in general! you’re going to be GORGEOUS for your big day, NO doubt in my mind!!

Lara (Thinspired) July 8, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Love the bridal pictures, Janetha! I’ve never heard of having those taken before, but what a great idea! You are going to be such a GORGEOUS bride!

1. My engagement was “short” too–just shy of six months. It was fine for us though, since we basically eloped/had a private wedding.

2. Getting gas. I DETEST doing it!

Erika July 8, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Hi ya Janetha! Congrats on the upcoming nuptials. You’re going to make an absolutely beautiful bride. My husband and I were only engaged for 2 1/2 months before we got married. Luckily we both decided on having an extremely small wedding (as in, 14 guests total) but it still ended up being a tad stressful. Just remember, the day is all about you and Marshall, and not anyone else. Have fun, wear waterproof mascara and make sure not to drink too much water (or champagne) before the ceremony… peeing in your wedding dress isnt the easiest)

Katrina July 8, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Okay…just had to pop in and tell you…that your bridals are GORGEOUS!! You get more and more beautiful as we grow old! hehehe

Love you Janetha B! Can’t wait for the wedding!!!

Katie July 8, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Your bridal pictures!!!!! ahh! You are too gorgeous!

My engagement was 7 months – relatively short. I feel your time crunch pain. But like you, I just COULDN’T WAIT to be married.

I hate taking dry cleaning in. No joke – I’ve had about 30 of Meeker’s shirts in the trunk of my car for a year. He doesn’t miss them, so I keep forgetting. :-)

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine July 8, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Time really DOES fly, I can’t believe your engagement was 5 months ago already!! It’s getting so close, I can’t wait to hear all about the big day! My brother has been engaged for over a year and a half, and everyone in the family just wants this wedding to be over with already!! You definitely did the right thing by having a short engagement- when you know, you know! Hang in there with all those preparations, it will turn out beautifully :)

mom July 8, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Hola!! It’s that Benson/Hutteball thing that makes us work better under pressure!! What get it all done a month before and then relax, who are we kidding haha!!

LOVE all the photos and commentary, LOVE you and all of this fun stuff!

Well my engagement was about 10 weeks – yep you heard it first here, yikes, not a lot of planning but we got it done!!

I’m with you on returns, I probably have about $1500.00 worth of stuff to return……..some of it has been in the back of my car for 2 months…….whoa is me :)

Love you!!!

jayme (cars&carbs) July 8, 2010 at 2:03 pm

janetha, you look st-st-st-stunning in your pictures! i think the last one is my favorite.
nah, 5 months isn’t too short as long as you can get everything done.
and i HATE returning things too. i also hate trips to the bank or when i have to do anythingggg with insurance.

biz319 July 8, 2010 at 2:33 pm

I met my husband online in May of 2000. In June of 2000 (three weeks after we met) we had our first date. We moved in together in July of 2000 and married on a beach in Naples, Florida in December 2000.

We’ll be married 10 years this year – it flies by – enjoy this time! We still can’t wait to see each other at the end of the day – we are lucky we married each others best friend!

actorsdiet July 8, 2010 at 5:54 pm

i feel like it was only last week you got engaged too! i remember it like it was yesterday :)

abe and i were engaged for a year and one week! i’m such a dork i got planning one year in advance, like they tell you to!

BroccoliHut July 8, 2010 at 6:21 pm

Beautiful bridal photos! I am SO excited for you!
Not engaged or married, so I’m skipping to #2. I really despise filling up my gas tank. I’m always convinced the fumes are killing my brain cells.

Whole Body Love July 8, 2010 at 8:04 pm

We have been engaged for almost 5 years!! Meh. life. Anyway, love the pics. You are one gorgeous bride. Your arms look awesome, lady!

Jennifer July 8, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Yah! I can’t wait for your wedding day. Enjoy it! I know by our wedding day, or at least the few days leading up to it, when people came to me and asked questions about flowers, food, you know stressful things to think about, I just said okay to everything because I was not going to let any stress get to me. It was my wedding day and I wanted to enjoy it! Well judging by your pictures I already know that you’ll make an absolute beautiful bride!

The Healthy Hostess July 9, 2010 at 4:51 am

You look beautiful girly!!! We were engaged for 13 months! So excited for the wedding!!

Maggie July 9, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Gosh you are gorgeous!!

I’m right here with ya ;) We got engaged 7/5/09 but didn’t start planning until a few months ago. Crazy!

Barbara July 10, 2010 at 12:05 pm

That picture of you in the dress and blue background is stunning Janetha! Seriously! You are a gorgeous girl! Your a,b,c reasons for getting married now proves you are also a very smart girl! Time does fly! Sometimes this makes me sad!
Barbara

elise July 12, 2010 at 9:15 am

i nnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed that tofu xpress in my life. n-e-e-d.

ps its the final COUNTDOWN!!! so happy for you guys :)