it’s ten o’clock.
i didn’t mean to post so late.
didn’t mean to neglect my blog.
i didn’t mean to miss two workouts in a row.
i didn’t mean to not take photos of everything i’ve been eating.
i didn’t mean to not plan my meals or snacks and just eat what was around.
but i did. such is life. and i’ve been living it!
hope you understand.
well, since i posted last, here are the ten things i consider blog-worthy. hope you agree.
1. new delicious combo=egg whites+sweet potato+parmesan cheese!
this was super simple. 60 grams of baked sweet potato using my eatsmart food scale~
add a little salt & pepper and you are good to go!
197 calories, 15g carbs, 26g protein, 4g fat
2. vitalicious brownie (that i won from ruth!) topped with naturally more peanut butter makes a fantastic bedtime snack.
156 calories, 25g carbs, 7g protein, 6g fat
no photos. just excitement!
4. penny and randy are cute. i love them a lot.
5. coffee and water are the only two beverages i need in my life. the end.
i like it black.
6. i have been eating my edible arrangement for breakfast, lunch and snacks ever since tuesday. that’s ok, right?
i may have overdosed on melon.
7. sometimes you just need a sandwich.
two slices of whole wheat bread. one wedge of laughing cow light cheese.
one baby cucumber, sliced.
turkey breast, tomato & lettuce.
8. getting engagement photos was way more fun than i expected. i can’t wait to see how they turn out!
(these aren’t the photos. these are momma b’s “behind the scenes” shots.)
only your truest love will get the gunk out of your eyes during a photo shoot :)
9. i’ve been drinking a grip of protein shakes. they’re quick, cheap and easy.. and i’m busy, broke and have no time for complicated meals.
this one had a cup of almond milk, 5 strawberries (from the edible arrangement, of course), chocolate protein powder and ice.
10. we celebrated my brother’s 30th birthday tonight!
the obligatory 30 balloon bouquet courtesy of momma b.
i made a pasta salad.
- farfalle pasta
- diced celery
- diced braebrun apples
- feta cheese
- slivered almonds
- poppyseed dressing
it joined the party with the other salads.
funny story. the “plan” for the party was to have everyone over for a BBQ and skate sesh. my brother has been building a miniramp in his back yard.
well.. as it turns out, the miniramp wasn’t quite done yet. so all the dudes spent the whole party finishing up the ramp!
i think this was a nice birthday gift for my brother, don’t you?
is the anticipation for the miniramp completion killing you?
my bestest friend.
a bun-less burger atop a bed of lettuce and covered in three bean & corn salad and tomato. two salads: the one i made and an incredible tortellini salad that was filled with chicken, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes and olives. yum.
while waiting for the ramp to be complete.. i messed around with the new camera.
like my new kicks?
best birth control. ever.
there were popsicles.
there was a swingset session.
and there was more waiting.
and the sun began to set. the boys kept working.
and then the birthday boy said, “IT’S READY!”
and then they got to skate :)
happy birthday, dougie b.
time for bed :)
by the way, how fast has the week flown by?! 4 day work week plus my birthday plus off work early for engagements plus brother’s birthday=SHORTEST WEEK EVER.
1. if you had to pick only TWO beverages to drink for the rest of your life, what would they be? (you can pretend water isn’t necessary for survival. you don’t have to pick it.) my answer=water and coffee.
2. bedtime snack of choice? in a world where calories don’t count, i say vanilla bean ice cream. but since that world doesn’t exist, my realistic answer is plain greek yogurt+peaches+cinnamon. yumm. but that snack up there was pretty excellent last night!
xo. janetha b.