flashback friday: birthday girl.

by Janetha on May 28, 2010

in meals,moves

heyo! friday! yaaaa!

the last thing i want to do is sit at a computer screen and type, since i’ve been doing that at work all week long, so i am going to make this snappy.

[source.]

things have not been too incredibly exciting since i rambled to you last..

a couple delicious breakfasts:

(thursday.)

IMG_2370IMG_2371

2/3 cup egg whites + 1 TB ketchup

1/3 cup oats + 1 TB cinnamon + 1 TB mighty maple peanut butter + 1 TB sugar free jam

(friday.)

gala + naturally more peanut butter.

low carb protein mocha.

3/4 cup almond milk, 3 TB soy protein powder (unflavored), 1 scoop coffee meal replacement (80 calories, 11g carbs, 7g protein), 1 TB unsweetened cocoa powder, xanthan gum & ice.

yum.

the dogs joined me outside..

penny is ridiculous. randy is not amused.

a couple awesome lunch salads:

(thursday.)

leftover taco soup + greens + ~1/3 cup oikos greek yogurt

(friday.)

greens, 2 mini cukes, 1 small sweet potato (baked and sliced) 1 oz turkey breast, 1/3 cup low fat cottage cheese, hummustard dressing (spicy mustard, sun dried tomato hummus & water)

delish.

and last night i had breakfast for dinner! i made susan’s dairy free protein pancakes that i totally failed on taking a photo of. my camera was in my car and the pancakes smelled too good. BUT.. the recipe is awesome and the stats are incredible and, most importantly, they are fluffy and delicious so you KNOW they will be making an appearance soon :)

here is her photo~let’s pretend.

i had one stellar workout..

treadmill.

minute # speed (MPH) incline (%)
1 3.5 1
29 3.0 1
30 3.0 1

total time: 30 minutes

max HR: 179

average HR: 150

calories burned: 260

see? nothing too exciting.

my sister and her family are in town from california today. unfortunately they are here for a funeral, but fortunately i get to have some quality time with the people i love most.

we are going to dinner tonight. stoked.

after dinner, marshall & i have a birthday party to go to. wanna know who’s birthday?

angela.

angela’s birthday is important. she always has these ridiculously elaborate birthday parties and i never miss them.

well, it was on her birthday party 3 years ago that marshall and i hung out for the FIRST time ever.. well.. outside of work, that is.

who knew we would end up getting married? angela always takes credit for our relationship. i’m totally ok with that :)

geez, what a boring post so far. let’s see if i can spruce it up a bit!

time for flashback friday!

well, everyone, i am getting older. tuesday (june 1st) marks my 27th birthday!

i thought it would only be appropriate to flash back to birthdays passed.. my birthday used to be a multi-night celebration (on the actual day and on the weekend closest to the birthday) but it has slowly changed to not as big of an event ;) hope you enjoy the photos!

birthday #22 (my favorite number!)

you may recognize the ladies in the photos, i am still best friends with almost all of them! on my actual birthday we had a celebration and cupcakes at my friends’ house and on the weekend we went to the bar.

2005 0662005 067

<3 mable helping me blow out the candles!

2005 0692005 0612005 0632005 0652005 053

birthday #23 was a big one!

my boss took me to hooter’s for lunch on my birthday. hah! he takes me to lunch every year. not sure where we will go this year! then with friends, i celebrated at the bar the night of and then had a house party that weekend.

im 23! 006im 23! 008im 23! 078 im 23! 082 im 23! 087 im 23! 099 im 23! 028May 130 May 136 May 149 May 197 May 233 May 241

birthday #24 i went out to the jackalope bar.

shots 025

shots 027shots 063shots 098image

birthday #25 was my first birthday with marshall :)

my boss took me to biaggi’s that year (no photos).. my mom got me 25 balloons! she actually gets us balloons every year.. the # of years old we are. that’s a lotta balloons! and i had a party at my house. and i was REALLY into doing the “OK” sign in all photos. ha!

Max & Janetha 2008 036Max & Janetha 2008 031Max & Janetha 2008 03425th 131 25th 225 25th 228 25th 006 25th 011 25th 017 25th 075 25th 086 25th 089 25th 091 25th 099

birthday #26 was last year

my boss took me out to sushi and i blogged about it.. then i had a party at my house that night. also blogged about it!

image image imageimageimageimage 6-1-09 019 6-1-09 033 6-1-09 035 6-1-09 038 6-1-09 045 6-1-09 059

and this year is big #27.. who knows what will happen! i guess you will find out on tuesday. i think we will just go to dinner or something boring. i’m getting O-L-D!

okay kids.. i am outta here!

have a GREAT holiday weekend!

1. what day is your birthday? how old are you? june one. i will be 27.

2. what are you doing for memorial day weekend? i am staying in town.. painting the house! ha~ sooo exciting, right? renovation photos will be posted this weekend! along with a giveaway!

xo. janetha b.

Kara @ MyWellnest May 28, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Those breakfasts do look delicious!!!!

Your Birthday’s look fun!

VeggieGirl May 28, 2010 at 4:00 pm

1.) April 6th! I’m 22 years old :)

2.) Grilling outside with the family.

Alicia May 28, 2010 at 4:08 pm

1. My birthday is 8-2-82 (Pretty cool huh). I’ll be 28.
2. I’ll be working in the yard, doing house stuff, maybe a bike ride…all in all old people shizzle.

jqlee May 28, 2010 at 4:09 pm

june 15th is my bday. the big 22 (your fav!) :)

Allie May 28, 2010 at 4:17 pm

I can’t believe we have been celebrating our birthdays together for 6 years now! Can’t wait for a mellow celebration this year…haha, we are definitely getting old! Love all the pics, especially the one of us both going for the cake ; ) oh and the boodle kissing one even though I was a HUGE prego!

LYLB I’ll see you for ang’s bday party in a bit!

hundredtenpounds May 28, 2010 at 4:21 pm

I wish I was doing something fun this weekend. I try to make the most out of holiday weekends but the weather in the NW is atrocious! Nothing bu cold rain! I’m desperate for some sunshine. :(

april May 28, 2010 at 4:34 pm

My birthday is on December 25. Yes Christmas! And I’m going to be so old.. 20!!

Erica May 28, 2010 at 4:36 pm

I love putting leftover soup on top of salad- so good! Cute flashback pics- especially the one of you with all the balloons. My birthday is September 2, I am 27! This weekend we are doing nothing and I can’t wait!

Megan @ The Oatmeal Diaries May 28, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Love the birthday recaps! You are too pretty! And my birthday is in November.. I’ll be the big 2-1 this year :)

homegirlcaneat May 28, 2010 at 4:44 pm

JANETHA! I love you. Your posts always entertain me the most out of URRY blog I read! Gooda$$ food, cutea$$ puppy pictures, your hota$$ self with your hota$$ fiance making one hota$$ couple, gooda$$ workouts, etc, etc. I must try this savory cottage cheese thing you represent fiercely on this blog. I always go the sweet route (I know, you gag), so next salad or sweet potato I consume shall be topped with cottage cheese.

1) January 13, 1991 <——- I know, I know. 1991? IMA BABY!
2) No plans thus far… hopefully getting a tan and drinking some BURR! :D

LOVE CHU

Lauren May 28, 2010 at 4:53 pm

AHHH, Happy Birthday Sweetheart. I will be telling you this more throughout the week but that was just an early wish! :)

That salad with the “hummus dressing” is a fantastic idea! I need to make hummus dressing. I use hummus on my salads all the time but I never think to make a dressing. I just blob it on and try to mix it all up.

Have an incredible weekend sweet girl.

Brynne May 28, 2010 at 5:05 pm

1. January 2, I’m 22 :0)
2. Working and then hanging out with the fam – nothing special, just nice and relaxing!

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) May 28, 2010 at 5:22 pm

Aww, loved this FBF post!

My birthday is July 30th. I will be 21!

I’m in Canada, soooo memorial day weekend is not anything special! I am relaxing at home with some friends, while Nick is out sailing. Next weekend is all about wedding planning! :D

xo
K

Whole Body Love May 28, 2010 at 5:23 pm

Happy early Birthday! I am honestly pretty bummed that I’m turning 25 in Sept. But, if you are what 27 looks like then I’m in! You always look fresh and fabulous!

Brandi May 28, 2010 at 5:25 pm

We’re the same age!!!

Birthday is June 24th and I’ll be 27 :)

This weekend? Celebrating 6 years of marriage TOMORROW (crazy!) and going to a cookout with friends on Sunday. Possibly hiking Monday?

Happy Friday girly!

actorsdiet May 28, 2010 at 5:26 pm

my bday is xmas eve. and this year i’ll be 34!!!! wow.

Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices May 28, 2010 at 5:41 pm

AHHH- LOVE your Volcom cake!!!!!!!!! I had my years that I was obsessed with Volcom & that was all that I would wear :) – I actually had the same shirt that you had on in one of your pictures- the peach one.
I always love your flashback Friday post- so cute.
1. Birthday: December 26th..and I’m 23.

2.Not doing anything this weekend- just spending some time by the pool :)

Have a GREAT weekend!!!!!

Lori (Finding Radiance) May 28, 2010 at 5:44 pm

I love the # of balloons for years. My grandmother used to do that with quarters LOL!

My birthday is June 5 and I will be 42 (eeep!)

I have to work Sunday and Monday as per usual. Boooo.

closet365project May 28, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Happy Birthday!

We are the same age, my bday is March 31st.

For Memorial weekend I am mostly off work and chillin. Monday is my 10k! I’m excited.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Run Sarah May 28, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Loving all your amazing eats! Especially the smoothie and sweet potato salad. Great seeing all the birthday photos too – happy 2-7! My bday is Oct 9, quarter century!

Andrea May 28, 2010 at 6:35 pm

September 16th, I’ll be 34. Helping to landscape our backyard this weekend.

lindsay May 28, 2010 at 6:45 pm

EEK! Don’t remind me. I turned 27 in a month too! The hubs just turned 28. He thinks he old, haha. Naw….we’re not old, we’re just “mature”. hehe!

Jenna May 28, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Great eats!!

simplyshaka May 28, 2010 at 7:30 pm

That picture just made me love Penny a little more than I already do!

Question-what kind of coffee substitute did you use for your beautiful concoction?

Your birthdays look so fun–and yes, unfortunately the older you get the tamer they become (for me at least lol) but I used to love going out to the bars, getting free drinks for my birthday and now I would rather have a nice dinner and a few drinks. Sadness. My birthday is 12/13 so I have a while to go!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is May 28, 2010 at 7:31 pm

Nov 7! I am 27…tooooo old.

caronae May 28, 2010 at 7:38 pm

Happy early birthday :) Mine is November 6th and I’ll be 21! It’s gonna be an exciting one, whoop!

I might see one friend tomorrow for a picnic but I think I’ll be alone one Memorial Day :( I don’t have a lot of friends in the city thus summer! It’s a bit lonely. Good thing I have bloggie friends :)

hayleycepeda May 28, 2010 at 7:57 pm

I love love LOVE the flashback birthday pics!!! You are so darn cute and look like such a blast to hang out with!! :)

I turned 29 in April so I’m telling you that 27 is NOT old!!! I want to wish you a HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Birthday now because I probably won’t be around to do so on your actual birthday. Have a great day…I’ll look forward to reading about it when I get back!

nic - the auspicious squirrel May 28, 2010 at 8:47 pm

1. Jan 2nd, 38 years old… damn, I’m old! :P I always have to recalculate it, because I simply just don’t believe it!

2. Packing… I’m moving to San Diego! Woohoo! :)

Happy Birthday!

Still loving the puppy pictures!

BroccoliHut May 28, 2010 at 8:52 pm

Now that I am eating eggs again, I think I might have to take a cue from you and add some ketchup to my egg concoctions:)
1. My b-day is December 24th–Christmas Eve. I’m 22!
2. I am headed down to my family’s lake house for the weekend–looking forward to some tubing!

Liz May 28, 2010 at 8:58 pm

1. March 7th. 26.
2. I will be working both Saturday and Sunday and enjoying a nice day off on Monday!

Loved all the bday recap photos! So cute. :) Have a great night!

Andrea@WellnessNotes May 28, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Happy Birthday Week! :) I love the flashback pics! I’ve seen burgers everywhere today, and one of your last pics made me very hungry! Haven’t had a “real burger” (with a bun, lettuce, tomatoes, etc.) in a long time…

What are we doing this weekend? I think we may actually bbq (maybe burgers!?!). But we would have to buy a bbq first… We’ll see.

Have fun painting the house!! That’s exciting! I love what paint can do… :)

Carly May 28, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Wouldn’t ya know it, we’re almost birthday twins – my big day is June 10th, and I’m hitting the big 2-7!

Kerry May 28, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Hope you have a great birthday! My birthday is the 30th June! I will be 19, wooo! haha! xx

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) May 28, 2010 at 11:32 pm

June 12th I will 34. And hopefully the winner of my fitness show on June 5th so that I can say I am a hot and fit 34

HAPPY BDAY!!!!!!!

overconcerned May 29, 2010 at 12:51 am

Happy early birthday, girl! Looks like you’ve had your fair share of awesome parties in the past ;)

1) My birthday is February 9. I’ll be 16! (Woah… 16? When did that happen?!)
2) There’s no memorial day in China, but this weekend will be spent studying for finals next week. :(

Have a great long weekend! :)

Wei-Wei

MelissaNibbles May 29, 2010 at 3:47 am

My bday is Dec 8th. I’m 30. 30 is the new 12.
I hope your day is super fun!

This weekend I’m in Maine kickin’ it live with some lobsters. Hope you have a fun one as well!

inmytummy May 29, 2010 at 5:19 am

Looks like you’ve had some fun birthdays over the years.

I turned 32 on April 21st. And I think you know what I’m doing this weekend – moving into my new house!!!

Katie May 29, 2010 at 6:51 am

That is too cool that your mama gets you balloons each year – I love that.

My birthday is December 22 and I am 25. My plans for this weekend are to be outside in the (FINALLY!!) warm weather as much as possible. :-)

adrienmelaine May 29, 2010 at 7:35 am

Your dress from birthday number 26 is freaking cute! Where did you get it from?!

ellie May 29, 2010 at 8:56 am

LOOOOOOOOVE! I didn’t know it was your birthday so soon! You look so happy in all the pics…awesome flashback!

1. what day is your birthday? how old are you? September 4th. I am 27 now (it’s a good age to be!)

2. what are you doing for memorial day weekend? Nada. Resting as much as possible so my ankle heals pronto.

homecookedem May 29, 2010 at 10:09 am

Loved seeing all your birthday pics!! You are so happy and PRETTY in all of them!!!!!!! :) I’m going to be 27 in June too!! :) My birthday is June 28! :)

Our Memorial Day plans are up in the air – we have a couple options, but haven’t decided on what we will do just yet! :)

Have a wonderful weekend!! :)

Susan May 29, 2010 at 10:55 am

27 is one of my favourite numbers!! So I already know it will be a spectacular year for you ;) I love that picture of the dogs. Rolling around in the grass is a goooood time. And happy the pancakes turned out for you!

1. I’ll be 25 on January 23. Still a long ways a way. Once you hit 21 the birthdays all start blending together…

2. Janetha, every weekend is a long weekend around here – I’m funemployed!! Haha. Have a fab day love!! xoxo

Marissa May 29, 2010 at 4:55 pm

I made Susan’s pancakes for my breakfast this morning, too! Yumm… sooo good!

Bekah May 30, 2010 at 4:56 am

Janetha, I love how in every picture you’ve ever posted you look like you’re having so much fun, and you don’t care how you look, or what people think of you, and because of that you come off as this beautiful, and happy individual. I definitely admire that being a college student right now. :) Happy early birthday my dear!

Olga May 30, 2010 at 10:14 am

Love all the bday photos, you look so happy and radiant :)

My bday is on Feb. 5th and I’ll be 23…but that’s next year!

This weekend I’m just hanging out with lots of friends and doing some work too (writing articles booo)

Can’t wait to see the house!

Katrina J. May 30, 2010 at 1:26 pm

JANETHA….seriously….I freaking love you! And the other lovely wenches!! Call me and let’s get some lunch soon! I’ll be 29 on September 29!!!! EEEEEEEK! SO close to the dirty 30!!!

Danica June 1, 2010 at 8:19 am

I think my favorite pic is of you eating the cake directly :D

Ahhh ~ I actually remember all the 26th celebrations – FUN! :D