jam packed.

by Janetha on May 23, 2010

in meals,moves

those are the two words that i’d use to describe this past weekend. and since it has been so busy (and is still not over!) i think this post will be somewhat snappy.

friday.

after work, i hit up the gym for some cardio:

minute # speed MPH incline %
20 6.5 1
21 7.0 1
22 7.5 1
23 4.0 0
24 4.0 0

2.5 miles total.

friday night was the bachelorette party.  a lot of you thought it was MY bachelorette party for some reason…? i’m not getting married until july 17, folks. this party was for one of my best friends, summer!

IMG_2023

meet summer. probably one of the most sexual people i know.. so a whole party dedicated to her that involved all things penis shaped was basically her dream come true!

we all headed up to park city, about 20 miles east of salt lake city.  it is a cute mountain town and is a quick place to go for an overnight getaway.  we had several cute, little condos rented out for the overnight party.

things started off with snacks: chips & salsa, pita & spinach dip and-of course- the obligatory penis shaped cookies!IMG_2022

there were also cocktails.. with straws to fit the occasion ;)

creeps.

IMG_2028

once everyone (well, almost everyone!-there was a massive car accident in the canyon and several guests ended up having to take a 2 hour detour!) arrived, we walked up main street to wasatch brewery for dinner.

IMG_2036IMG_2042

they sat us upstairs in the cantina!IMG_2043

i went with the cobb salad with avocado ranch on the side~ IMG_2049

it was the perfect portion size and it was delicious!

dinner was a lot of fun, we went around the table sharing stories about summer. there were a lot of laughs and  i am positive we embarrassed the bride just a little bit!

after dinner it was back to the condos where summer opened her gifts.IMG_2066

no words required.

and then it was off to the bar!

i wish i had more photos. i didnt take my camera to the bar and nobody has uploaded theirs yet.. there are some hilarious shots! i’ll post them eventually…

then it was back to the condos for PJs and girl talk. you know.

IMG_2083 IMG_2089 IMG_2091

epic night. bottom line.

saturday.

before leaving park city, we grabbed some breakfast that was next door to the condos where we stayed.

super cute place.

IMG_2105 IMG_2104

i went with 2 eggs (over medium), wheat toast & sliced tomatoes~IMG_2102

and coffee. x3. IMG_2097

the park city sunrise blend was delicious!

saturday afternoon i went to the gym and didn’t really keep track of my workout. sometimes it is nice to just “do whatever”.. i ended up on the treadmill for 40 minutes, varying between walking at a 15% incline at 3.0 MPH and running 1 minute intervals at a 2% incline anywhere between 6 MPH and 8.5 MPH.  i went 2.5 miles total.

post-workout goodness was a banana cinnamon green protein smoothie~

• 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 scoop lean dessert banana nut protein powder
  • 2 cups spinach
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • tons of cinnamon
  • 8 ice cubes

yum.

i am going to fast forward to saturday night because i have a movie to catch.. so i need to speed this up!

we were going to the demolition derby which was up in a town called ogden.. and whenever i go to ogden (which is not often) i have to eat at one place:

pita pit! i have NO idea why they don’t put a pita pit in salt lake. it is so dang delicious.. someone should open a franchise location by my house. please and thanks :)

IMG_2122 IMG_2120

my pita:

• wheat pita
  • chicken
  • spinach
  • hummus
  • feta
  • mushrooms
  • olives
  • cucumber
  • onion
  • bell pepper
  • tomato
  • probably more stuff that i can’t remember…

and then it was off to the derby! so ghetto fabulous.

lucky us, we sat on my fave #!  IMG_2126

the only problem is that it was FREEEEEEZING! i am convinced that it is NOT may. we had to get hot chocolate!

ugh. hot chocolate in may? not cool, utah, not cool. i even went as far as sitting in the car at the very end of the derby! yes, it was that cold.

sunday.

today has been a weird day. i ate a small mug of cereal this morning and had some coffee before hitting up bed, bath & beyond where we registered!

registering is not as easy as i expected it to be! but it was still fun.

“G” coasters for my new last name!

we finally gave up after about an hour and decided to hit up chipotle because we were staaaarving.

i had a burrito bowl with all my essentials: chicken, grilled veggies, lettuce, black beans, pico, corn salsa, lettuce and GUAC.

it was “unburritable!”

haha. i laughed. out loud.

i have eaten out WAY too many times in the past 3 days. 4 times, to be exact. at least i kept it relatively healthy.. but still.. i would rather eat food i make myself.

oh well, such is life!

and NOW we are heading to the movies.

toldja.

jam packed.

gotta go!

tomorrow is summer’s wedding (yay!) so i may be out too late to post. but we’ll see!

hope you all had a great weekend :)

1. what’s in your chipotle burrito bowl?

2. what is the last restaurant you ate out at?

xo. janetha b.

Sarah (Running to Slow Things Down) May 24, 2010 at 1:17 pm

What a brilliant idea to add cinnamon to the banana smoothie…love it! Must try. :D

The last place I ate out at would be Panera. But I’m dying to try a local breakfast place soon. :D

Mary (A Merry Life) May 24, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Honestly I’ve never eaten at Chipotle.

But I really want to. It’s one place that we didn’t have around where I lived.

Last place I ate at was Mo’s. It’s pretty fantastic.

Andrea@WellnessNotes May 24, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Sounds like a busy & fun weekend! Loved all the photos from the bachelorette party!

Your Chipotle bowl sounds great. I pretty much get the same things as you in my bowl but lately I’ve been getting steak. It’s really good… :)

Katie May 24, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Crazy weekend, girl! I hope your Monday was relaxing (if that’s possible…)

1. My fave number is 22 as well. I’m sure I’ve told you this at some point…
2. My burrito bowls are IDENTICAL to yours at Chipotle
3. I lived near a Pita Pit in college and spent way to much money there – but I miss it!
4. I went to Jason’s Deli this weekend…yummy salad bar.

mom May 24, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Summer looks BEAUTIFUL!! Sounds like a wild party for the girls! :)

I LOVE the photo of you and Marshall at the derby, especially that dazzling smile of Marshall’s with his pearly whites!

I don’t eat at Chipotle and the last restaurant was Pancho and Lefties or is it Lefty’s in St George!!

Merry Christmas to everyone here in Utah!! bah humbug……xoxoxo mom.

actorsdiet May 24, 2010 at 4:47 pm

i think i’ve eaten at the pita pit before! you don’t forget a name like that!

simplyshaka May 24, 2010 at 6:56 pm

Question-do you sleep? Good lawd girl, I don’t know how you get all this stuff in! Looks like a fantabulous wknd (I love that all y’all wore black and she was in white) and cocktails, hehe. Coming back from the bar and hanging with the girls reminds me of my sorority days in college, sigh!

I haven’t been to Chipotle in four yrs so I don’t even remember what I get but may need to change that soon! I went for sushi on Friday night and didn’t let down (as usual)

simplyshaka May 24, 2010 at 6:56 pm

Karin May 24, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Haha those penis straws are hilarious… Those tiny balls… ;)
It sounds like you had a busy but fun weekend! I ate out once this weekend – Italian. The usual. Yawn. hehe.

Susan May 25, 2010 at 3:56 am

I LOVE Pita Pit. I could eat there all day every day. No, really, because they offer breakfast pitas now ;)

Everyone looks so gorgeous for the bachelorette party!! Was it planned you’d all wear black?

1. I’ve never been to Chipotle! But I must now that I know it’s unburritable.

2. Hmm…I’ve been to a lot of restaurants lately, but I haven’t eaten at any of them! I think the last one I ordered food at was Calactus, my favourite ever which is a local vegan/vegetarian place. There is no Pita Pit in Moncton either :(

ellie May 25, 2010 at 8:55 am

I always love your weekend recaps- you do such cool stuff :D I am dying to go to Chipotle…they need to open one in Scotland! My bowl would have lettuce, beans, chicken, salsa and guac on the side (I have never had guacamole and am waiting until I get to Chipotle to do so!)

Last restaurant- Pizza Express (that sounds uber-tacky…it’s a chain, but it’s real-deal Italian pizza chain, not fast food like the name suggests- hmmm, they should change that- it’s a pretty classy place! Well, as classy as pizza can get!)

Denise May 25, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Definetly eat all the treats and skip the cake. I do love weddings.

Crackers, I LOVE CRACKERS. I get these whole wheat crackers from the local food coop that are really good-wish I could figure out how to make a cracker. Other than that I pretty much love all crackers.

Sweet and Fit June 2, 2010 at 10:18 am

it better not have been your bachelorette party – I’m invited to that one, right? ;)