truth be told, i was channeling my inner luniz and was going to call this post, “i got five on it”.. but then i realized that decision might cause me to lose approximately 16.439% of my readership so i decided against it :P
instead, i titled this post after one of my most favorite treats on the face of this earth:
yum. i will eat you on free day, mister vanilla bean five.
let’s get to it!
five things i want to tell you about yesterday:
- i had an incredible HIIT on the elliptical!!
- i had the best protein cake yet! banana nut protein cake topped with peanut butter..
made with 1 scoop BSN lean dessert banana nut bread protein powder, 3 TB egg whites, 1 TB applesauce and 3/4 tsp baking soda
- my latest favorite green monster concoction is this pina colada one.. recipe page found HERE!
- i got nine hours of sleep last night and i am participating in susan’s sleep challenge!
- my macro ratios for yesterday (protein/carbs/fat) were 37/43/20. not too bad! i aim for 40/40/20.
|minute #||speed range (MPH)||resistance level|
|0-2||6.0 – 7.0||6|
|2-3||7.0 – 8.0||8|
|3-4||8.0 – 9.0||10|
|4-5||9.0 – 10.0||12|
|5-6||10.0 – 11.0||14|
|6-7||7.0 – 8.0||8|
|7-8||8.0 – 9.0||10|
|8-9||9.0 – 10.0||12|
|9-10||10.0 – 11.0||14|
|10-11||7.0 – 8.0||8|
|11-12||8.0 – 9.0||10|
|12-13||9.0 – 10.0||12|
|13-14||10.0 – 11.0||14|
|14-15||7.0 – 8.0||8|
|15-16||8.0 – 9.0||10|
|16-17||9.0 – 10.0||12|
|17-18||10.0 – 11.0||14|
|18-19||11.0 – 13.0||16|
|19-20||6.0 – 7.0||6|
five silly names you guys have for body parts:
- “dingee” for the male body part
- “cookie” for the female body part, which i find quite disturbing, as i love cookies…
- “tut” for the belly button
- “weenis” for the extra elbow skin (i call it that too, i think several people do!)
- “human fanny pack” for the lower gut (probably the one i laughed at most)
there were more. check out the comments section to see what the others are. i had to narrow it down!
five people who gave me great advice on my ankles (thanks):
edited to add: also thanks to jo (reader) for the advice, just got your email :)
i ate five meals today, like every other day of my life.
meal 1: peanut butter chocolate protein oats @ 9:45 AM
1/3 cup dry oats (cooked on stovetop using 2 cups water), 1 scoop EAS chocolate premium protein powder, 1 TB mighty maple peanut butter.
i always have a fine dining experience when i eat breakfast:
330 calories, 11g fat, 27g carbs, 33g protein
i also had coffee. black. delivered to my desk by the boy, thanks babe.
five favorite drinks:
- unsweetened iced tea
- english breakfast tea
at one time in my life, beer would have made the cut, but not anymore. i guess i have changed.
five new blogs i’ve added to my google reader:
- eat the damn cake (these girls really tell it like it is. great read.)
- from tooth to nail (my BFL tracker friend!!)
- fed up with lunch (a school teacher blogging about eating school lunch each day)
- peanut butter fingers (how i did not already read her blog is beyond puzzling)
- from party to hearty (a dude food blogger? who knew?)
there are more. these are just the most recently added :)
meal 2: turkey + avocado sandwich & cucumber chips + ranch dip @ 1:00 PM
2 slices of sunflower market’s whole grain bread, 2 oz columbus reduced sodium herb roasted turkey, 1 small tomato, 1 oz smashed organic avocado, 1/2 TB nayonaise, 1/2 TB yellow mustard, salt & pepper
today is national chips and dip day.. and since i can’t have copious amounts of tortilla chips with guacamole, i decided cucumber chips with dip (1/3 cup oikos 0% greek yogurt+hidden valley ranch seasoning) was the best alternative.
this lunch was perfection on a plate. i’m still smiling about it.
280 calories, 6g fat, 34g carbs, 27g protein
five most recently starred posts in my google reader:
- taste & tell: thai shrimp and noodles
- meet me in the kitchen: homemade graham crackers with toasted marshmallow milkshakes
- what’s for dinner: white girl tamale casserole
- how sweet it is: happy chicken
- no meat athlete: vegan almond-quinoa muffins
as you can see.. i have a lot of recipes on the “want to make” list. one of these days…
five foods i would never want to have to go without:
- greek yogurt
- ice cream
oh look at that.. mainly carbs. weird. (insert sarcasm here)
meal 3: PB&J greek yogurt + nature’s path flakes @ 4:30 PM
1 cup oikos 0% + 2 TB PB2 + 1/3 cup nature’s path flakes + 1 TB smucker’s sugar free
247 calories, 3g fat, 28g carbs, 29g protein
five upcoming national food holidays i am excited about:
- national waffle day (march 25)
- national spinach day (march 26)
- national something on a stick day (march 28)
- national peanut butter and jelly day (april 2)
- national grilled cheese sandwich day (april 12)
do you realize this means i will be having waffles two days in a row? tomorrow for waffle wednesday and thursday for national waffle day! exciting.
five of my favorite moves:
- bulgarian split squats
- wide grip pulldowns
- climbing the stairmill
- jump squats
- reverse decline crunches
this was really hard to choose just five…
i did my upper body workout today, which involves working five different muscles (weird!)
- back: single arm dumbbell rows~ 12 @ 17.5#*, 10 @ 20#*, 8 @ 22.5#*, 6 @ 25#*, 12 @ 17.5#. bent over barbell rows~ 12 @ 40# (*15 jump squats between sets)
- shoulders: upright barbell rows~ 12 @ 25#*, 10 @ 30#*, 8 @ 35#*, 6 @ 40#*, 12 @ 25#. dumbbell shoulder press~ 12 @ 15# (*20 pike crunches on bench between sets)
- chest: dumbbell chest press~ 12 @ 17.5#*, 10 @ 20#*, 8 @ 22.5#*, 6 @ 25#*, 12 @ 20#. dumbbell flyes~ 12 @ 12.5# (*30 elbow to knee crunches on bosu (15 each side, consecutive) between sets)
- biceps: cable biceps curls~ 12 @ 25#, 10 @ 30#, 8 @ 35#, 6 @ 40#, 12 @ 25#. cable hammer curls~ 12 @ 35#
- triceps: overhead cable extension~ 12 @ 30#, 10 @ 35#, 8 @ 40#, 6 @ 45#, 12 @ 35#. cable push downs~ 12 @ 35#
five dog breeds i hope to own in my lifetime:
- bernese mountain dog (penelope’s relative)
- brown doberman (this will be our next breed!)
- german shepherd (they are soooo smart)
- great dane (but it would be hard because they don’t live long :( )
- newfoundland (can you tell i love BIG dogs?)
this, obviously, does not include the dog breeds i already own or HAVE owned.. which are basset hound (randy), entlebucher/cavalier mix (penelope), yellow labrador (mable) and golden retriever (rooster, my childhood dog).
five places i hope to visit in the next five years:
- greece (hello, authentic hummus)
- rome, italy (i’ve been to southern italy)
- new york city (yep. i am so behind the times, i’ve never been to NYC!)
- costa rica (my parents go at least once every other year.. maybe they will take me one of these times! wink, wink, mom :) )
- thailand (holly’s and angharad’s ramblings of how epic it is make me want to go there more than i already did)
i think that traveling is the best way you can spend your money.
meal 4: turkey goulash @ 7:30 PM
286 calories, 6g fat, 32g carbs, 25g protein
recipe page coming soon.
five most recent blogs i commented on:
- lauren @ say what you need to say
- kacy @ low.. and behold!
- caroline @ the broccoli hut
- kailey @ snackface
- kristin @ cook, bake & nibble
i read a grip of blogs.. but don’t always comment on all of them. sure wish i had the time to do so!
five favorite body-for-life friendly meals:
- cottage cheese+turkey+avocado+wasa crackers+black pepper
- PB&J greek yogurt mess
- mighty maple vanilla protein oats
- turkey meatloaf muffins
- peanut butter, banana & chocolate protein shake
meal 5: banana nut bread protein cake + chocolate almond milk @ 10:00 PM
no photo.. yet.. as i have not had meal five.. but after i publish this, i am going to go make it!
five things i last used my debit card for:
- target: $48.83 (eggs, a bunch of produce, brown rice, several canned fruits/veggies, toilet paper, low sodium soy sauce, egg white noodles, minced garlic, probably some more stuff that i can’t recall right now…)
- porcupine pub & grille: $6.91 (grilled chicken breast & side salad from sunday night)
- whole foods: $42.15 (teras whey blueberry protein powder, red potatoes for BBQ we went to saturday, almond and coconut extracts for the almond joy cookie bars i made on saturday, bulk bin items: whole wheat pastry flour, slivered almonds, shredded coconut.. also all for the cookie bars—side note, check out averie’s post on bulk bins)
- starbucks @ target: $1.17 (a coffee for marshall)
- whole foods: $32.95 (gift card to thank lizzy for her AWESOME powwow bars she sends me, xanthan gum to mail to karin when i finally get around to it, oat bran to make lisa’s protein muffins)
wow.. you can see where my priorities lie. what can i say, i’m a foodie…
five things that make me happy:
- i booked our engagement photo sesh appointment today :)
- tomorrow is going to be fabulous.. waffles, lunch date, hang time with the boy and the dogs, the return of crock pot wednesday!
- today marshall told me that he wants to be a scientist when he grows up
- spring is in the air..i LOVE spring
- i am going to buy new running shoes this week
so many more than five reasons to smile :)
1. what is the last thing you used your debit card for?
2. give me a list of five!! anything goes!
xo. janetha b.