hi everyone! congratulations on making it through yet another monday. those mondays sure are sneaky.. they come around more than fridays or saturdays, i SWEAR!
this post is going to be full of random junk, so hope you enjoy my riff raff.
the rest of sunday’s eats.
after publishing my last post, i made another delicious turkey sandwich~
180 calories, 1.5g fat, 24g carbs, 19g protein
yum. can’t get enough of that bread. it is 50 calories/fat free/10g carbs/3g protein per slice. i buy it at sunflower market, for those of you who have asked.
i spent the day being super productive and hanging up laundry.. which is the single worst chore in the world, if you ask me. UGH. hate it, hate it, hate it. would rather scrub toilets with a toothbrush.
i also filled up my supplement/vitamin container for the week!
it never occurred to me until yesterday.. but i never think about the calories that i take in each day through vitamins and supplements. not that i am a calorie counter.. i just thought it was interesting when i realized that i take about 100 calories worth of pills and calcium chews each day.
my hunger found me sooner or later and i finally got around to making ellie’s lovely sweet-but-savory egg white omelette! or is it omelet? i am never sure.
once the eggs became firm, i added a wedge of laughing cow light cheese and a tablespoon of sugar free raspberry smucker’s..
folded it all up and let it get all sorts of melty and delicious!
granted, this was not the prettiest omelette ever made.. but it sure tasted fantastic!
i fail completely at omelette making. i am ashamed.
this snack was really low carb so i toasted another piece of that sunflower market bread and sopped up the raspberry-cheese remains with the toast!
all together: 215 calories, 2.5g fat, 20g carb, 29g protein
later that night i went out to dinner for one last hurrah with my norwegian friends who have been in town this month. so sad to see them go! :(
i ordered a side salad with grilled chicken:
poor lighting. i drizzled it with balsamic vinegar. clocked in at 147 calories, 1.5g fat, 6g carbs, 24g protein.
obviously that was not a very filling meal so right when i got home i had dessert!
if you won a progresso giveaway like i did, you have the perfect protein cake making mug:
look how glorious it comes out!
1 serving of whey protein, 1 TB unsweetened applesauce (give or take), 1 tsp baking powder, 1 egg white. mixed (should be a cake batter consistency–you may need to add more applesauce) and microwave for 1.5 minutes. topped with naturally more peanut butter.
198 calories, 6g fat, 8g carbs, 30g protein
i was up too early for my own good. 5:30 AM. how do you early risers do it?
meal 1: egg white scramble + fresh fruit @ 8:30 AM
231 calories, 1g fat, 29g carbs, 24g protein
aerial shot. i get sick of photographing this meal every monday. i did switch it up this week and get fruit. twas a nice change from the toast!
how is it that 231 calories kept me full for 3.5 hours? i am still puzzled.
meal 2: another turkey sandwich. this time with avocado. @ 12:00 PM
no diagonal cutting today. just ate the whole thing in one piece.. in a paper towel.. at my desk. classy lady.
290 calories, 7g fat, 39g carbs, 20g protein
i have to tell you guys. my boss brought back some coconut from hawaii and it was baked in sugar cane and vanilla extract. OMG.. SO GOOD! i calculated it into my lunch macros and that is why the carbs are so high. it was pure carbs, totally worth it. i had never had such a delicious, coconutty treat!
forgot to take a photo. woops.
i was going to head straight to the gym after work but i realized that i forgot my shoes! doh. so i went home after work and had my afternoon snack there. i was thinking about my delicious omelette from yesterday so i decided to recreate it in scrambled form.
meal 3: egg white+laughing cow+raspberry jam scramble & 1/2 english muffin @ 4 PM
one, this is definitely the least photogenic meal in the history of man.
two, the omelette form was much better. while this was still good.. it was not as amazing as the omelette version i made yesterday. i guess i will just have to brush up on my omelette makin’ skills!!
i really dig the sweet eggs. it makes me wonder if there is any hope for me to ever like sweet cottage cheese??
now i am letting my snack digest before i hit the gym for some HIIT on the elliptical. not sure what tonight’s meals will consist of but i have some ideas floating around in my head.
how about some odds & ends, since that is the title of this post.
- i purchased the insanity DVDs and will be incorporating the workouts into my moves. i know this strays from the body for life way of working out, but my main focus for this challenge is the eating regimen. since i can’t do any running right now, i am hoping these DVDs will help get my heart rate up into the zones i want to achieve.
- oh yeah.. about that no running thing. my ankles are in a lot of pain. it is the muscle that is on the inside of each leg, right above my marble. wait, what? marble? yeah, that is what my family calls that knobby part of your ankle. it’s your marble. promise.
me, pointing to my marble. anyway, about an inch above my inside marbles, the muscle hurts SO bad. the pain extends about 3 inches up my leg. this is where it hurts:
pretty sure it was from my shoes.. and i won’t be running until things feel better. if anyone has some advice regarding how i can make them feel better faster, lay it on me! i am in a lot of pain :(
- life is busy. if anyone has a fun, interesting topic they would like to talk about on my blog, please contact me and we can arrange for you to do a guest post! i know that everyone is busy, but if you want to ramble about something on meals & moves and give me a day off.. i would be more than happy to let you do so. just let me know if you are interested.
- fish oil pills make my burps taste disgusting.
- tomorrow is national chips & dip day! yum.
- i have had an overwhelming number of emails asking me how to calculate a 40/40/20 ratio eating style but i don’t have the time/energy to post about it.. so that will be in tomorrow’s post!
- i am all out of odds & ends.
1. do you take vitamins/supplements? which ones? i take a multivitamin, thermoCLA, fish oil and calcium chews.
2. are there any funny names you/your family uses for body parts? in addition to “marble” for the bump on the ankle, we also grew up calling the—ahem–female body part a “toetoe”. NO idea why, but it is pretty hilarious.
have a good night! please let me know if you’d like to do a guest post!
xo. janetha b.