GREEN.

by Janetha on March 17, 2010

in meals,moves

you guys! it is uber late and so now this post has to be on the fly.  originally i thought i would be home by about 8:30 or 9 (at the latest!) but now it is past ten PM due to lost dinner reservations and a long, long wait.

enough about that, let’s get to the GREEN!

first of all, last night i made GREEN cupcakes with GREEN frosting and GREEN sprinkles for everyone at the office~

IMG_7920IMG_7921IMG_7922 IMG_7926IMG_7927IMG_7930 IMG_7931

they were a hit :)

want to know my trick to not trying any of my baked goods?  well, i simply made something that i hate. i hate frosting and i hate sprinkles (sorry deb) and to be honest i am not a fan of white cake all that much.

i was going to make cookies with GREEN m&ms.. but i knew better than that! ;)

onto st. patrick’s day eats!!

meals

meal 1: GREEN protein waffles for waffle wednesday! @ 8:30 AM

first i mixed a serving of the BEST pancake/waffle mix ever (and it is local!)

along with a scoop of vanilla protein powder and GREEN food coloring..

viola!

(yes, i have a waffle iron at work.)

topped with this stuff:

mmmmm!

IMG_7941IMG_7942

and some black coffee out of my GREEN contigo, naturally.

352 calories, 4g fat, 49g carbs, 38g protein

no time for talking. onto more food.

meal 2: turkey meatloaf muffin wrap with GREEN laughing cow! @ 11:45 AM

you can see i was sporting a GREEN cardigan.

i figured i couldn’t turn the meatloaf GREEN.. but the laughing cow was definitely a candidate for my bottle of GREEN food coloring.

IMG_7947 IMG_7948

338 calories, 12g fat, 29g carbs, 35g protein

oh an P.S. i made a recipe page for the meatloaf muffins. shocking, i know, i think it was my first recipe page since november!

moving on..

meal 3: GREEN greek yogurt + PBJ + flakes @ 3:00 PM

this was just a container of voskos with some GREEN food coloring, then i added PB2 and smucker’s sugar free jam (1 TB of each) and 1/3 cup of nature’s path flakes:

okay, now it is beginning to look a lot like christmas..

yeah.. that red totally took the fun out of st. patrick’s day and made me think of jolly old st. nick!

231 calories, 2.5g fat, 27g carbs, 28g protein

alright.. up next.. no, not more colored food.. i actually made it to the gym despite my unexplainable exhaustion i am experiencing this week. maybe food coloring makes me tired?

moves

it was a HIIT day today and my ankles are really bothering me. i think it is my shoes. the inner muscle on both of my ankles and about halfway up my lower leg are ultra sore and sensitive. anyone know why? let me know.

stairmill:

15-16 8
16-17 9
17-18 10
18-19 15
19-20 6

total time: 20 min, total distance: 2.03 miles

i also rode the bike for 10 minutes and read my new oxygen mag and i have a plethora of stuff i want to ramble about regarding food and fitness.. but that will have to wait for another day. sorry charlies.

after the gym, marshall & i took the dogs on a walk! it was such a nice day today!!

meals

finally.. a GREEN meal that did not involve food coloring!

meal 4: green monster @ 6:45 PM

in the mix:

• 1 scoop vanilla protein
  • 2-3 cups spinach
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 small banana
  • tons of ice
  • the gums (which, i believe, are the most important ingredients to any smoothie!)

can you believe how much it makes?!

yeah, i still need a bang trim..

GREEN,au naturale!

it made way too much for the to-go cup.. so a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do, right? right.

drank it on the go!

311 calories, 6g fat, 37g carbs, 31g protein

we went to the bohemian brewery and met up with a bunch of friends. everyone (well, almost everyone) enjoyed GREEN beer!

IMG_7975 IMG_7979 IMG_7974 IMG_7981

p.s. someone got a haircut :)

we originally had a reservation for 7 PM and i was just not going to eat (since i had my shake) but there was confusion and 12 people and we ended up not sitting down until almost nine i decided to get something after all..

meal 5: grilled chicken breast + steamed veggies @ 9:30 PM

ugh.. $9 for a side of veggies and a chicken breast? lame. but it did taste super good!  i am not sure the stats on this because i didn’t make it myself, but i just came up with a round about number of around 250 calories, 8g fat, 15g carbs and 28g protein. sure, ok.

THERE YOU HAVE IT! my super GREEN day of eats!  all in all i ended up with a ratio (carbs/protein/fat) of 39/41/20 so i am stoked! (i am aiming for 40/40/20 so it was perfect!)

i would ramble more but i have got to get some shut eye. i have a lot to talk about regarding questions i have been asked about body for life and also about upcoming goals! stay tuned!

1. what green eats did you incorporate into your st. patrick’s day?

2. what is your favorite color? right now mine is purple. maybe i will color ALL my food purple one of these days…

xo. janetha b.

p.s. EXACTLY 4 months until i’m a MRS.!! EEP!

Meredith March 18, 2010 at 9:51 am

Love all the green! You’re so creative :)

lisaou11 March 18, 2010 at 9:55 am

You are always so festive. Love it. And nice going on the cupcakes–making something you DON’T like. You’re a smart cookie. I think my favorite green meal was your yogurt. Totally Christmas-y and I love it.

Nice stepmill workout. That thing is killer.

Favorite girl–I’d say yellow—or green—or blue. My favorite color on me lately in clothes is a plum color.

PS–I put up the recipe for the protein muffins!

Have a good Thursday!

katie March 18, 2010 at 9:55 am

oh what a fun post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love u girl!!!

I love how you made the laughing cow cheese green!!!

Love the cupcakes!!My son and I are making easter cupcakes Sunday for his birthday, to bring to school!!!

Love the Gree Monster Smoothie straight out of the blender drinking, lol!!!

Love that you will be married in 4 months!!!! Yay!!! You know whats so funny, that was going to be my wedding date, crazy!! But we switched our wedding for next year, june 11th 2011!! So excited for you girl!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) March 18, 2010 at 11:12 am

I LOVE how everything is green! You are so creative =D

I did not eat ANY green yesterday! How crazy is that?!?! I wanted to, but breakfast was a WW bagel with ab & banana, lunch we made at school and then dinner was out! Oh, well. I wore green!

My fave colour is purple as well! Green is a close second =D

xo
K

Holly March 18, 2010 at 11:25 am

marshall looks SO CUTE with his haircut! seriously.

umm i loved all your green eats. it made me happy. and i hate frosting too! thank you! i thought i was the only one. thank the lord that isn’t true.

eeppppp 4 months!!!! sooooo exciting!

fave color is blue. always has been, probs always will be just because it always has been, ya know?

there was spinach in my frittata, spinach in my salad…and i think that covers my greeness yesterday. oh yeah – and a green beer :)

Meg @ Be fit Be Full March 18, 2010 at 11:36 am

Holy green! I am the worst St. Paddy’s day celebrator EVER. I forgot to wear green yesterday and had a Yuengling instead of a Guiness. Oops.

RunToFinish March 18, 2010 at 12:11 pm

you are so cute with all the green! Ohh the cupcakes…can’t make those things cause I can’t stop myself from eating them

Kelly March 18, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Green overload! I use the same trick with my work goodies, I make something junky I don’t love and then something healthy for me (people seem to be really bothered when you don’t eat the food you bring) I had spinach, edamame, and cucumbers! Green is my fav color as well

What does the tattoo on your wrist say? I can’t quite make it out..

Melissa March 18, 2010 at 12:37 pm

That is true St. Patrick’s Day dedication! Awesome!!!

I can honestly say I don’t have a favorite color. Though I suppose a cute shade of pink makes me happy, I wouldn’t want to decorate my room in that color. I love that you’re making purple such a big part of your wedding!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) March 18, 2010 at 12:50 pm

fave green eats…raw greenery and veggies of course!
thanks for your sweet commment you left me…

And you salvaging the last drops of smoothie from the Vita cansiter, I totally hear ya!

After all that green food coloring I wonder if it turned your ummm #1 or #2 a weird color? Sorry I am a mom so it’s my job to know these things.

I’ll stop now :)
xoxo

ellie March 18, 2010 at 1:16 pm

OMG. This is the best post ever. I laughed to whole way through…damn, girl- you need your own TV show or something.

Green stuff I ate yesterday: ridiculous amount of spinach, alfalfa sprouts and…I think that was it?

Fave colour- blue and purple

going100mph March 18, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Love how you went all out for St. Patty’s! Green & yellow are my fav colors!

Also gotta say that I love how you post photos & nutritional content for each of your eats. It is helping me to create a healthy balance/servings for my days which is something I have been struggling with. Thank you!

Amanda, another priorfatgirl March 18, 2010 at 2:29 pm

LOVE all the green! my favorite color is kelly green (which also happens to be my aunt’s name, well, kelly greene) and a coworker actually emailed me yesterday and wrote, “Happy Amanda’s Favorite Color Day!!!!!!!! All day people around the world are celebrating your favorite color.” Hahaha how cute is that? i ate a huge salad yesterday with a lot of lettuce … that might be the only green food i ate. sad sad. wow this got long. ok bye :)

Tamizn March 18, 2010 at 2:38 pm

I loved seeing the word uber in your post! ha ha, I didn’t really eat anything green other than veggies, my favorite colour is black or maybe red or grey…….

Candice March 18, 2010 at 3:51 pm

What a fun day of green – you really went all out!

My favorite color actually is green. I love all shades!

BroccoliHut March 18, 2010 at 4:18 pm

You have a waffle iron at work? You are officially my new idol.

April March 18, 2010 at 4:45 pm

The only thing green I ate was green tea ;)

ProteinGirl March 18, 2010 at 4:51 pm

Hello!
Marshall looks so good with his hair cut! You my dear, as always, look radiant, and so beautiful! That chicken looked amazing! I cannot imagine how busy you must be! Get some rest!!!
Love,Barbara

simplyshaka March 18, 2010 at 5:43 pm

I love how festive all the food is! And can I please be like you so I can dislike white cake, frosting and sprinkles because I absolutely love them. The green m&m’s thing just brought me back to hs, I remember when my friends would say the green ones made you horny and then we gave a jar of green ones to one of my guy friends and he downed them ala Kevin on The Office, it was fabulous.

Katie March 18, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Gaah you are so frekin’ adorable! I loved all your green…you should work in an elementary school – your green eats would have been SUCH a hit. :-)

1. I had a nice green salad yesterday, and some broccoli for dinner.
2. Red is my very favorite color, I’m obsessed.

Kelly Olexa March 18, 2010 at 6:02 pm

I am so going to make your recipe for meatloaf muffins!~ I love it! ;-) And today, I had a fabulous Green Smoothie via Shakeology, so yummy.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! ;-)

Ildie March 18, 2010 at 8:55 pm

You’re a food coloring fanatic! LOVE IT!

1. uuuuuuuhm…. a green shot. :-O (I was bad… bad… bad…)
2. Currently that would be red. It changes every other day though.

XO

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) March 19, 2010 at 7:31 pm

Marshall looks adorable with a shave job.

I have wet dreams about Heritage flakes. My fave bar none.

Thank god you had your shake that night or you would have been ready to eat your arm!! Woot!

Sorry I spelled Mable wrong in the previous comment!

mom March 21, 2010 at 12:08 am

Wow, those cupcakes look scrumptious!! Guess you didn’t drop any of those by my house either!!

Hope I have made up for my lack of comments, it does not diminish my love for you my sweet baby girl!!

Oh didn’t eat

jenngirl March 21, 2010 at 9:02 am

I’m catching up but I HAD to comment because well, GREEN is my favorite color!! I am obsessed with all of your eats, you are so creative!!

I definitely ate my fair share of guac in Mexico everyday, not just St. Patty’s day…so there’s my GREEN eats ;)

mom March 21, 2010 at 9:47 am

didn’t eat anything specificallyl green yesterday, but I did wear green, forgot to finish my comment
My favorite color is yellow/orange/ shades i think!!

Susan March 22, 2010 at 6:46 am

I’m catching up! So my comments are going to be all over the place. Obviously I had to comment on this one because you made GREEN WAFFLES!! Ahhh! I thought about doing that with spinach, but to be frank, spinach has no place in my waffles. I don’t put waffles on my salads for a reason… ;)

I don’t like white OR frosting!!! Actually frosting makes me feel sick from the condensed sugar. Sprinkles are a different story though ;)

1. I had green beans and spinach. That counts for something, right?
2. Orange!! I like warm sunny colours – orange, yellow, brown :)

danica March 22, 2010 at 12:22 pm

I LOVE that you went with an everything GREEN day like we talked about :D I would’ve totally eaten all the frosting off your cupcakes though and left the white cake :D

snackface March 23, 2010 at 6:16 pm

WHATTTT Holla four months!!! I don’t think ANYONE did green quite like you did. I’m proud.