why is it that…

by Janetha on March 12, 2010

in meals,moves

*that i can never manage to be on time for work.. ever?

*that whenever i try to make stovetop oats, i get interrupted 17,349 times and they end up getting all sorts of dried out and i have to make a new batch?

*that maple syrup and cinnamon taste so good in protein oats?

IMG_7513IMG_7515 IMG_7516

*that right when i finally sit down to eat breakfast (at my desk) my boss arrives and has to have a pow-wow while my protein oats sit by the wayside and get cold… (at least my contigo mug kept my coffee hot)

*that the only way i can remember to take my vitamins/supplements is to have an enormous pill container that is made for really old people who are on lots of medication?

(i promise i am only 26.)

*that the work day lasts sooo long and drags on and on and on, yet my lunch break flies by in an instant because i am busy chatting it up with the experimentarian?

*that chipotle knows how to make better guacamole than anyone i know.. even myself?

(glorious guac.)

*that protein shakes are so unphotogenic when served in a magic bullet container?

*that i feel bad that the picture is so lame and i always insist on sprucing things up a bit?

*that i keep forgetting to make an appointment for a bang trim? those suckers are loooong!

*that i love weight days so much more than cardio days?

upper body workout (BFL style):

(warmup: elliptical 5 minutes)

TRICEPS:

rest NA 15 seconds
v rope bicep curls 40# 6
rest NA 15 seconds
v rope bicep curls 25# 12
straight bar cable curls 25# 12

(the end.)

*that julie has the best upper body moves ever?

*that whenever i try to fold laundry, penelope plops down right on top of my clothes?

*that utah DOESN’T HAVE A TRADER JOE’S?!? (and i have to haul delicious sauces like this one back in my suitcase after trips to california…)

*that sometimes the ugliest meals taste so dang good?

IMG_7551 IMG_7552

*that bloggie friends are SO FREAKING AMAZING?!

from emily:

IMG_7554IMG_7555 IMG_7553

from susan:

IMG_7556IMG_7557IMG_7559

THANKS LADIES!!!

*that i have the best friends on the planet?

IMG_7560 IMG_7575 IMG_7585

*that during the first game of bowling i always do super horrible (bowled an 83) which leads to sad face photos?

*that RIGHT when i am getting good at my game (a strike and then a spare and then a strike!) all my friends decide to bail mid-game? sigh.

*that peanut butter and apples go so perfectly together?

(MFEO.)

*that dogs will not stop begging no matter how many times you sing the words “never gonna get it” to them?

*that i am blogging at 12:22 AM and not sleeping?

*that, by typing the previous sentence, i just figured out why i can never manage to be on time for work.. ever?

good night, bloggies :)

xo. janetha b.

p.s.~ fill in the blank: “why is it that…”

ellie March 12, 2010 at 12:37 am

Girl, go to bed!!!!! Haha :) The dog pics are so cute…as is the photo of you and Emily! So cool you guys get to hang :)

why is it that no matter how delicious my meals have been, as soon as I start reading blogs I wish I had eaten something else? Everyone else’s food always looks sooooo good.

lucieishealthy March 12, 2010 at 12:42 am

the guac looks sooo freaking yummy!!!!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) March 12, 2010 at 12:56 am

the magic bullet smoothie looks great but your ring or shall i say bling, is blinding me :)
and when you’re all settled in your new house and domestic and life’s stress is wayyy less, you will have plenty of time to cook, per your comment to me today.

actually, you will wish in 5 yrs that you had some of your younger days’ craziness to add some flavahhhh to your suburban utopia :)

healthyappletite March 12, 2010 at 2:26 am

i love your blog! you are such an inspiration to me!xx

balancejoyanddelicias March 12, 2010 at 3:24 am

why is that you’re sooo funny always! :D love you~~~

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is March 12, 2010 at 4:32 am

Why is it that protein never tastes that good in my oats?!?

Lindsay March 12, 2010 at 4:45 am

I agree with Averie! Forget looking that magic bullet when that BLING is shining!
Love chipotle guac. I could eat but the bowl!
LC

lindsayruns March 12, 2010 at 4:47 am

why is it that I insist on setting my alarm clock at ungodly hours only to snooze post alarm and be late every day?

You too are so cute and fashionable! I’d love to join that lunch :)

Marisa (Loser for Life) March 12, 2010 at 5:31 am

Cracked up at singing “never gonna get it” to the dog! Haha! I’m gonna sing that all day now :)

Why is it that Monday is so far from Friday, yet Friday is so close to Monday? Yeah, I’m philosophical like that ;)

Tina March 12, 2010 at 5:54 am

This post cracked me up!! And I want to know why is it that it always rains on the weekend?!

katie March 12, 2010 at 5:56 am

U are too funny girl!! Loving this post!!!!!!!

How sweet those two packages are!! Blog friends rock!!!!!!

Why is it that, the weather has been beautiful all week but now the weekend is here and its raining!!!!!

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) March 12, 2010 at 6:03 am

Because you are YOU, that is why!! lol Loved this post!!

Why is it that I have to go to class at 9am after staying out at a concert until 1am and hardly getting any sleep after?? Sigh.

That spinach sauce looks increeeedible… ok, SOUNDS incredible ;)

xo
K

inmytummy March 12, 2010 at 6:23 am

I spy a picture of a Golden Retriever on your desk!

I love bowling.

inmytummy March 12, 2010 at 6:23 am

Oh, I forgot this part. Why is it that I feel like I can sleep forever on the weekdays, but on weekends, I’m up at 7 am?

Karin March 12, 2010 at 6:25 am

That bling is blinding me too. I’ll quickly go and grab a mask or something ;).

PB and apples.. Best invention ever.

jenngirl March 12, 2010 at 7:11 am

I feel like I can answer most of these by just saying you rock, are a nice person, and are very determined to do the tasks at hand! (distribute as you will) ;)

And I think I’m starting to love weight training days more than cardio also!

Run Sarah March 12, 2010 at 7:27 am

Love this post J! Last photo – esp. adorable!!

Lara (Thinspired) March 12, 2010 at 7:42 am

Oh my gosh, love the pill box. I thought I took lots of vitamins but it looks like you win ;)

Agreed that there is some sort of magical element to Chipotle’s guacamole. I love how they give you heaps of it, too! I never ask for “light” or anything like that! I’m always hoping they’ll just keep caking it on, because ya know, at Chipotle, the magic guac is also fat and calorie free :)

….why is it that every time I look at a photo of you holding food like your smoothie, all I notice is your gorgeous ring?!

Graze With Me March 12, 2010 at 8:00 am

Dang that’s a lot of pills! I don’t take any, hmm. Bad health blogger?

Why is it that the breakfasts I’m the most excited about have to be eaten in 1.2 seconds?

Oh and to answer your question, in my yoatgurt I mix nut butter & cinnamon into the yogurt before adding it to the bowl. Amaz.

Holly March 12, 2010 at 8:02 am

haha…my fave is the chipotle guac by far. how do they do it?!?!?!

why is it that…i can get 8 hours of sleep+ and still feel tried. FML.

Holly March 12, 2010 at 8:03 am

*ahem* tired

closet365project March 12, 2010 at 8:04 am

Haha. My cats do the same thing with my laundry. I think they like the warmth of clothes fresh out of the dryer.

And VITAMIN CADDY! This reminds me that I need to refill mine and actually take my supplements instead of just carrying around the empty thing in my purse.

Emily (The Experimentarian) March 12, 2010 at 8:05 am

*that you are so dang cute?
*that this post is so creative?

That pic–all I have to say is at least I don’t have food on my face. And I’m glad to see you made it safely back to work/home without getting run over by any busses or crazy a** drivers. Love you. xoxoxo

Lauren @ Eater not a runner March 12, 2010 at 8:13 am

Haha love that last pic!

tangerinesandmarmalade March 12, 2010 at 8:16 am

I’m staging a secret mission to get my hands on Chipotle’s guac recipe. I bet it’s kept in a safe on a remote island somewhere.

and why is it that no matter how early I wake up I leave the house at the same time?

lisaou11 March 12, 2010 at 8:17 am

why is it that dressing room lighting and mirrors are not forgiving at all? Stores should really fix that!

you do have some lovely blogger friends–dark chocolate covered pomegranate seeds—HELLO! :)

freckledfoodie March 12, 2010 at 8:18 am

hey, at least the shot with the protein smoothie shows off the rock! :) not a bad picture if you ask me! tehehe.

BroccoliHut March 12, 2010 at 8:51 am

I love a girl who likes her guac:)

ksgoodeats March 12, 2010 at 9:21 am

Awww yay for blogger love! Glad you and Emily could meet up – you’re making me crave guac!!

Why is it that on my day off I’m looking for something to keep me busy!? Shouldn’t I be relaxing?!

Katie March 12, 2010 at 9:50 am

12:22 is my VERY favorite time (it’s my birthday date), I’m glad you were awake to experience it because I NEVER am.

Why is it that too many veggies taste so good but make my tummy feel like I swallowed a basketball??

mayapamela March 12, 2010 at 9:58 am

Why is it that it’s finally warmer outside but I am freezing here at the receptionist desk? Argh!

All I noticed was your ring in that photo!

Morgan March 12, 2010 at 10:16 am

why is it that you have an amazing fiance who picked out a gorgeous ring?!?!
and why is it that I am so obsessed with numbers and math and pickles? random, I know

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine March 12, 2010 at 10:43 am

Apples + Naturally More = killer snack!! I’ve definitely been guilty of after-midnight posting…what can I say, I’m a little obsessed!

Valerie March 12, 2010 at 10:54 am

I’m a new blog fan. I’m an avid blog reader. Note: reader, not a blogger. I love your blog. I’m so overwhelmed with excited-ness (is that a word?) that I finally found someone in blog world that enjoys weight lifting, and provides real workouts. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy running, but I love weight lifting.

High five for new readers!

Hallie March 12, 2010 at 11:02 am

ok two things. first of all, an 83 is good in my book ;-) and I am never on time for work either. I think it’s cuz we’ve both been at our jobs for a long time so we know we can (you even more than me).

why is it that weekends are SO damn short and weeks are SO long?

Sarah (Running to Slow Things Down) March 12, 2010 at 11:21 am

Why is it that I had oats this morning but am now craving them again after seeing your breakfast? :D

elise March 12, 2010 at 11:38 am

i love my contigo mug!!!

choc pom seeds? yowza!

Naomi (onefitfoodie) March 12, 2010 at 11:46 am

umm why is it that I want that guac right now inside of the wrap i am eating! ahh it looks SO good! i havent ever tried the chipotle guac, either!

naturally more is the most addicting PB ever, i love the crunchy flax in there….they stopped sellign it at my supermarket and now I dont know where to find it!! besides online of course, where the shipping is as much as the jar itself

love that workout, I always do some heart pumping work in between sets to keep my HR up and that sweat coming down, I rarely just wait for my other set to start, always keep moving! but really, awesome workout im priting that out!

nice bling shot of the ring while dirnking the protein shake…sawweetttt
love you!

kbwood March 12, 2010 at 11:48 am

LOVE BOWLING!! altho i seriously need serious bumpers when i do!
OK must put maple syrup in OATS ASAP!!
made a smoothie JUST a min ago-totally thought about you- 1 scoop vanilla whey + frozen strawbs + vanilla soymilk.. HEAVENLY!!
LOVE YOU!!!!!

mom March 12, 2010 at 11:55 am

LOVE this post! Glad bowling was “fun” :) so sorry you didn’t win BIG, like my whoppin 93!! I know I’m your mom but I really do love your posts and I probably would love them even if I was not your momma!! xoxoxo

april March 12, 2010 at 12:12 pm

I’m a grandma bowler! Seriously it travels like 1 mph down the lane. Oh well!!

And man your a party animal up at midnight! I was asleep by 9! LOL!

lowandbhold March 12, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Why is it that I thought I could get by this morning without coffee? Almost died. Seriously.

Why is it that I don’t live in Utah so I can go bowling with you and ooh and ahhh over your ring?! That would be sweeet :)

HealthySDLiving March 12, 2010 at 1:18 pm

Wow, I oould use one of those vitamin containers!
omg loooove bowling–haven’t done it in so long except of course for Wii! :)

rollerkoesterrun March 12, 2010 at 1:31 pm

You crack me up! loved the En Vogue reference~ haha!

~Christie http://rollerkoesterrun.wordpress.com/

danica March 12, 2010 at 2:12 pm

I would totally sit there and eat while my boss talks – he might get the hint that way ;)

I LOVE your “rainbow” vitamin holder – don’t tell Jay about it :D

Yeah for more engagement cards – that made me smile :)

I LOVE your why is that post and you!

Have an awesome weekend!

Danica

louisianagrown March 12, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Why is it that I can spend hours running and cleaning and running around the house, but the second it’s time to study I’m EXHAUSTED?

katecooks March 12, 2010 at 2:48 pm

buy hair cutting scissors and have a good person show you once. best decision ever. i cut mine weekly!!!

Jocelyn @ Peace.Love.Nutrition March 12, 2010 at 3:31 pm

That guac looks amazing!! I want some : )

Runeatrepeat March 12, 2010 at 4:08 pm

Yo quiero guacamole!!!

Susan March 12, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Why is it that I don’t live in Utah so I can go out to lunch with you and Emily!?

I’m always super early for work because I go straight there from the gym.

Okay, I’m always super early for work because I’m determined to get there before my boss does. I was there at 7:45am today and his Volvo was STILL in the parking lot before me! Gah! Doesn’t that man sleep!?

Have a great Friday JB!!!! <3