Q+A.

by Janetha on February 23, 2010

in meals,moves

Q: did your fiance bring you coffee this morning?

A: yes. yes he did! and i am not gonna lie, i like the term “boyf” better than “fiance” or even “hubs”.. as far as how they sound. but i think i will learn to love the new term ;)

Q: what did you have for breakfast?

A: peanut butter chocolate cheesecake greek yogurt+deep chocolate vita+mighty maple

IMG_7009  IMG_7010

all. mixed. up.

Q: were you floored by the incredible response you got on your last post?

A: YES! yes yes yes. you guys are AWESOME! thank you so, so much for your input and advice about planning a wedding. thank you for giving me some awesome Qs for my FAQ page, and thank you for making me drool with your favorite crepe combos ;)

Q:  are you back to doing BFL style eating or are you still doing the Jamaican-me-bikini-ready diet? (from hayley)

A: i am back to BFL style eating! i have re-introduced rice, pasta, potatoes, CEREAL and eating starchy carbs past meal 3. i still eat 5 clean meals a day with one day off a week.

Q: did you eat ice cream cake before lunch today?

A: you bet your ass i did! it was lindsay, my friend slash co-worker’s birthday today. i don’t always eat the birthday cake, but i cannot pass up ice cream cake. cannot.

i ate all of the ice cream part, none of the cake or frosting part.

Q: did you get lindsay a birthday gift?

A: of course!

KOMBUCHA! we share a love for the stuff :)

the office also got her a gift certificate to get a massage. while i wanted to keep it for myself, i figured i better let the birthday girl have it. she’s the cutest ever:

Q: how are you getting your body fat tested? (from lara)

A: i get my body fat tested in a BodPod, which is a capsule that you sit in and it measures the air displacement. i will be sure to document the process when we get it done here in the next few days.. i need to make an appointment. it is a really awesome process and actually is super accurate.

Q: Hey, you mentioned a while ago you were going to be doing an interview that the girl who won a BFL Challenge? Is that still on…I’d love to see it! (from lisa)

A: yes! that is still on. jamaica and the engagement brought on a whirlwind of stuff, but i am still planning to interview emily alvers, the 2008 body for life grand champ. stay tuned!

Q:  7-17-10… 7+10=17, right? (from susan)

A: right! so that should clear up any wondering of why i like the date 7-17-10 for my wedding. good job to those of you who got it!

Q: did you have the same thing for lunch today as you did yesterday?

A: you bet i did! minus the lettuce. eaten at my desk.

flat out, classic sabra, smoked turkey and tillamook cheddar.. heated in the microwave for 1 minute.IMG_7022

Q: did you have your first caterer appointment today after work?

A: yep. i did. and there is a lot to think about. i am overwhelmed with trying to figure out how to make sure i have enough food but not too much. eep! but at least i know what i want the menu to be like. i am doing a vast array of different hors d’oeuvres and then cake+vanilla bean ice cream, plus marshall’s tiramisu groom’s cake.

Q: do you know where you’re getting married? (from cathy)

A: yes! yes i do. it will actually be held at a tropical/exotic plant store~ they have a HUGE greenhouse and gorgeous garden area outside with a koi pond and gazebo.  the best part? no need to buy flowers. i will be able to use all of their plants/flowers/cacti/etc as decor. score. more deets on that (with photos!) later.

Q: what did you eat after your appointment and before your workout?

A: salad with cottage cheese.

IMG_7023IMG_7024

Q:  how was your workout today?

A: pretty stellar! let me tell you all about it!

• 5 min/0.5 mile warmup on treadmill

superset 1: 3 times through

move weight reps
db bench press 20# each hand 12
db row on powerplate 20# each hand 12

superset 2: 3 times through

move weight reps
incline db bench press 20# each hand 12
face down incline row 15# each hand 12

superset 3: 3 times through

move weight reps
dumbbell pullover 20# 12
standing straight arm row 10# each hand 12
  • 24 (12 each side) dumbbell snatches (thanks susan)
  • 50 ball crunches
  • 25 hanging leg raises
  • 50 oblique crunches on bosu (25 each side)

not too shabby.

Q: how is the house hunt going?

A: could be worse, could be better. we have about 10 houses to go take a look at. fingers crossed!

Q: did you eat your weight in apple rings tonight?

A: yes.

Q: did you use your favorite J mug tonight?

A: yes!!

Q: what was inside the mug?

A: 1 cup greek yogurt, dollup of my mom’s homemade raspberry jam, dollup of peanut butter.

all. mixed. up.

cloooooser.

Q: did you think this fabulous mixture needed a little crunch?

A: actually.. yes. everything is better with some crunch. enter: best flake cereal ever.

YUM. missed this stuff.

Q: does your jamaican goods giveaway end tomorrow?

A: yep! hurry and go enter if you haven’t yet!

Q: don’t you think this post was a bit of a cop out?

A: yep. sorry friends. thanks for reading anyway :) it has been a long day and i am out of creativity. promise tomorrow will be better!

*******

Qs for you!

1. are you more of a cake person or an ice cream person? ice cream, all day, every day.

2. favorite flake cereal? when i was a kid it was frosted flakes. tony the tiger was my homeboy. but now i am all about the nature’s path heritage flakes! try them if you haven’t!

Jenn N. February 23, 2010 at 11:16 pm

Okay that chocolatey looking mess in the first pictures looks really good. I’ve never tried a Vita-top or Mighty Maple.

LOVE ice cream. Just had it for the first time in 2 years last month. Can’t even tell you HOW. GOOD. IT. TASTED.

Hmmmm….I don’t each much cereal. Would Barbara’s cereal (the one kinda like Life) count?

Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce February 24, 2010 at 12:25 am

ice cream cake before lunch: noice! and ten points for the boyf aka fiance bringing you coffee this am!

Tasha - The Clean Eating Mama February 24, 2010 at 12:36 am

LOVE all of the food pictures from today! YUM!

Ice cream – I love me some ice cream cake, too!
Cereal – I LOVED frosted flakes, too! And Life! Now I love granola

balancejoyanddelicias February 24, 2010 at 3:41 am

another fun post! :D You’re so creative!
cake person if I have to choose one. cheesecake would be my pick ;)

Karin February 24, 2010 at 3:48 am

We don’t have ice cream cakes over here so I can’t tell ;).
Frosty flakes! Ah so good! My mum never allowed us to eat that and we only had plain and simple kellog’s corn flakes..
I love whole wheat cereal mixed with granola and muesli now.

katie February 24, 2010 at 4:31 am

Icecream cake all the way love!!!!!!!!! I love coldstone Icecream cake!!!!

Love the gift you got your friend too, Kombucha rocks!!!

I really enjoyed this post!!! Your deep chocolate vitamuffin combo looks so good! Will have to try that!!

Love ya girl!!! All the wedding planning will fall into place!! My fiance and I are getting married next year, I stress with planning already, lol!!

Love ya!!!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is February 24, 2010 at 4:42 am

I hated the term ‘fiance’ too! I rarely called him that before we got married. ;)

Lindsay February 24, 2010 at 4:52 am

Ya, fiance always felt weird to me to say. I like the term “the hubs” haha! I am a ice cream lover all the way! I could eat my body weight in that no prob. And cottage cheese salad, thats my go to lunch choice for sure! I loved your post, very creative!
Now get some rest. You got lots to do, hehe!
LC

Marisa (Loser for Life) February 24, 2010 at 5:15 am

I love your Q&A post! You’re so fun!

I’m definitely more of a cake person. Especially CHOCOLATE CAKE!!
Hmmm…don’t think I have a favorite flake cereal. For crunch, I really love granola. A little too much :)

lessonstolearn February 24, 2010 at 5:24 am

That wasn’t a cop out post at all. I love Q&As!

I am an ice cream person and a cake person. But I mainly want the cake for the frosting!

bre February 24, 2010 at 5:56 am

Mmm vita top mess looks delish. My “lunch” (the time I kill out because I eat mine at my desk) might be hunting these down.

Umm and I totally loved this post. At first I was like “wow how did these people know to ask all these questions?”

Can I be a cake AND an ice cream person? I think cake might win by a hair. But only some cakes. Store bought “birthday” cakes no, but my bfs moms coconut cake that is tormenting me in my kitchen yes

I’m not a flake cereal fan, never liked the tiger flakes. Was a penut butter crunch fan hehe.

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) February 24, 2010 at 6:07 am

Amazing b-fast!

And I loved this post, btw, not a cop out at all!

1. I am an ice cream person, all the way!
2. I’n not a huge flake cereal fan, but I DO like Nature’s Path!

Anddd I am emailing you later because I have not gotten my V-day gift yet =(

xo
K

April February 24, 2010 at 6:11 am

I’m not either…I like ice cream cake! The fudgy crunchy stuff in the middle is the bomb!

I want to get remarried next year on 11/11/11 SWEET! It’s a Friday though. It will be our 12th. To bad it’s not this year making it our 11th. How awesome would that be?

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine February 24, 2010 at 6:14 am

Oh em gee that ice cream cake looks amazing. Why is it that day-glo frosting attracts me to a cake more than natural colors? I LOVE ice cream cake, though the frosting isn’t usually as good as the stuff on regular cake. If someone can make me an ice cream cake with chocolate buttercream, I’d love them forever! I like chocolate Special K, but sadly it doesn’t keep my tummy full for very long. I like non-flakey cereals better in general!

lindsayruns February 24, 2010 at 6:19 am

I love how you always think your best posts are cop outs! roll with it girl, you’re funny :)

Ice cream cake looks awesome! And I’m very intrigued by your cereal, I’m betting I’d like it. Most of the time I’m a bunches rather than a flake girl.

Emily (The Experimentarian) February 24, 2010 at 6:26 am

Hey p.s. you probably already know this, but we were talking about it at work: next Tuesday is 3-2-10. We were joking it’ll be a countdown day 3,2,1,0 BLAST OFF!! How silly. love you. xoxo

Karissa @ CardioFoodie February 24, 2010 at 6:42 am

I love the little ice cream cones on the cake! I would say I am more of an icing girl. I don’t usually care for the cake part. As for ice cream, I really like vanilla ice cream but not much else. So weird. I guess I would be happy with a bowl of ice cream and scraped off icing.

Lara February 24, 2010 at 6:48 am

Cake for sure!! I am not so much of a flake cereal person. I love Ezekiel cereal, like grapenuts but much healthier.

Thanks for answering my question about the bodyfat testing. I was hoping you would say bodpod/hydrostatic/DEXA because those are really the only accurate ways to measure. Those handheld things many gyms use are such a joke! I have been wanting to do BodPod for a while but no place really close to me.

Teri [a foodie stays fit] February 24, 2010 at 7:10 am

ICE CREAM!!!!

I haven’t met a flake cereal that I truly like. I’ll have to check out Nature’s Path.

Susan February 24, 2010 at 7:11 am

I’m late! But I’m loved hearing your “wedding deets”! And I think it’s so cool that you guys are getting marrued in a greenhouse. It sounds gorgy and I can’t wait to see pics! I’m more of a cake kind of person myself – but ice cream cake is the best of both worlds! It’s been far too long since I’ve had some.

I love the term “boyf” too ; )

jenngirl February 24, 2010 at 7:13 am

I liked this post! and good luck on the house hunt, just have fun with it, I’m sure you guys will find something you love that is perfect :)

J’adore your mug snack…pb, greek yog, jelly, cereal…heaven in a mug! (HIAM?)

1. Cake! But only the good kind, not the fake grocery store ones. Particularly, I LOVE WEDDING CAKES!!!

2. I don’t really eat flake cereal, I’m a cheerios or H2H fan when it comes to cereals.

Jessie February 24, 2010 at 7:14 am

I just got the Nature’s Path Red Berry Crunch last night and I am in love!

snackface February 24, 2010 at 7:49 am

This was not a cop out! I liked it! I especially loved both yogurt creationg—so amazing.

I am a cake AND ice cream person. I cannot choose. If there is cake and ice cream in front of me, I’ll want both. But on a regular basis, I’d rather have ice cream.

Oooh I loved Frosted Flakes, too! Delish. Now, I love the Nature’s Path flax flakes. I forget the proper name, but I dig em.

Gawd, good luck with house hunting + wedding planning. I would not be able to handle that! Love you!!

Nicole G February 24, 2010 at 7:53 am

How’d you know all the questions we would ask ?! ;)

I really like this post – “cop-out” or not!

I’m totally a cake person! It is my favorite part of birthdays. However, I only like Betty Crocker/Pillsbury “from a box” cakes – nothing fancy for me please. My aunt actually made two of those cakes for my Sweet Sixteen instead of buying a bakery cake LOL

Nicole G

Jenna February 24, 2010 at 8:01 am

i am defs an ice cream gal all the way ;)
i don’t think this post was a cop out at all- i loved it!!
that yog w/ jam and pb and flakes looks amazinggggg!
jenna

Naomi(onefitfoodie) February 24, 2010 at 8:06 am

hey darling! love the post!! so much good stuff here, I would be ALL over that ice cream cake, holy moly its 10 am and I want some right now. I am an ice cream person by FAR! I dont even really care for cake…ice cream cake on the other hand?? bring it onnnn!!

In college, in my ex physiology lab we all had to get underwater (hydrostatic) weighed and that was SUCH an experience. We had this crazy irish professor with the thickest accent and you really havet to expell ALL of your air, so as we went under she just SCREAMED at you to get all the water!! it was crazy, needless to say I think I prefer the bod pod :)

momma B may have just inspired me to try to make homemade Jam! I just told my roomate! that has to happen soon!!! i LOVE homemade Jam!!

adrienmelaine February 24, 2010 at 8:19 am

Ohh I love ice cream cake, but I also love normal cake with ice cream.. I’m not going to lie, if there’s sugar involved and it’s homemade-I’ll probably like it!

Allison (Eat Clean Live Green) February 24, 2010 at 8:49 am

I hated the word ‘fiance’. I felt so weird saying it!

1. are you more of a cake person or an ice cream person? cake. and ice cream. mostly cake.

2. favorite flake cereal? actually, the same as you!

MelissaNibbles February 24, 2010 at 8:52 am

I don’t like the term fiance either because it looks like the word finance and I don’t like thinking that my man is financing me.

Cute post!

ksgoodeats February 24, 2010 at 9:06 am

You know I’m all over that breakfast! DIVINE! Ice cream cake is so damn good, glad you didn’t pass up that bad boy. Have you had DQ’s ice cream cake?! Oh lawd! I’m a cheesecake girl but if that’s not available and DQ’s cake is then get me a spoon!!

kbwood February 24, 2010 at 9:08 am

how do you look so gorgeous after a workout?!?! amazing!
I LOVE ICE CREAM CAKE!! my favvvvv!! i actually LOVE cookie cake AND ice cream cake TOGETHER! double trouble fo realllll.
i love the way you eat..im all about some crunch in my yogurt! whoo!

ellie February 24, 2010 at 9:18 am

I love this post, lol. PBJ yogurt looks awesome…as does cake right now.

1. are you more of a cake person or an ice cream person? CAKE!

2. favorite flake cereal? Tough one. Does raisin bran crunch count? I could live off that stuff. Also a huge La Lechara flake fan, but have been slightly obsessed with plain bran flakes lately. So good in a parfait with banana, Fage and PB2.

Becky @ flybynyght February 24, 2010 at 9:42 am

I’ve been married for nearly 7 years and husband still sounds weird. I just generally refer to him as Todd. Although his name is Peter. Just kidding, his name is Todd ;)

Melissa February 24, 2010 at 10:03 am

Q: Are your blogs always so entertaining to read?
A: Yes yes yes! I love your writing style. Plus now you have even more fun *ish to talk about. Yay weddings!

lisaou11 February 24, 2010 at 10:03 am

Where do you go to get your body fat tested? Id love to get it tested with a BodPod but I have no idea where I would go to get that!

Hallie February 24, 2010 at 10:41 am

I used to eat this “healthy” raisin bran flake-type cereal but now I can’t remember it. But, my boyf (heehee) and I stayed up so late last night talking about good “kid” cereals (can you tell he’s doing Atkins right now?) and frosted flakes always come up.

Mmm…cake…I hate to admit it but I LOVE cake. Well I guess I should amend that. I love frosting.

inmytummy February 24, 2010 at 10:49 am

Ice cream, definitely ice cream!

I still have trouble referring to Jason as my fiance and we’ve been engaged for 8 months!

Christine February 24, 2010 at 10:57 am

haha i agree with the birthday cake situation. i don’t always eat birthday cake, but i do if it’s ice cream!

ice cream > cake. always :)

Margie February 24, 2010 at 11:20 am

I love all forms of cake. Ice cream is okay, but it doesn’t settle well in my stomach.
I was never a huge fan of flake cereal when I was growing up, but I’ve grown fond of the plain variety. I have to try Nature’s Path.

emily February 24, 2010 at 11:35 am

1. Neither, I’m a FROSTING person!
2. Flake cereals are kind of meh to me.

I called Adam my boyfriend a good year and a half after our wedding!

Susan February 24, 2010 at 11:57 am

That PB&J yogurt looks fabbityfab. I must try that, especially now that I have access to Greek yogurt. Although I suspect it won’t be the same without your mom’s famous jam ;)

1. The only cake j’adore is cheesecake. Everything else I can do without. Now put a cookie in front of my and it’s a different story.

2. One of my favourite flaked cereals ever is Oatmeal Crisp. But it’s one of those sugar-heavy scary ones that I don’t like to eat anymore. I’ll have to try the Heritage Flakes – I love all the Nature’s Path cereals I’ve ever tried. Actually, their Banana Almond is a good flake-y cereal.

Happy Waffle Wednesday!! I get a fail on the waffle front. Someone’s office doesn’t have a fancy waffle iron :P

Tay February 24, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Dang girl, no cake or frosting? I LOVE ice cream cake because I love that frosting. And I don’t like cake unless it’s with ice cream. AKA – I love the whole entire ice cream cake haha.

1. Guess I kinda answered that one above. Ice cream > cake any day. But ice cream cake > anything in the world.

2. I love that cereal too. I also loved Team and Wheaties as a child!

Karla February 24, 2010 at 12:02 pm

I love the Q&A format! I think it’s super cute!
I’m more of a cake person. I love ice cream but unfortunately I’m lactose intolerant so unless I have a lactaid pill with me ice cream is death for me!

Angharad February 24, 2010 at 12:18 pm

I don’t think you’re a cop out :) but I cannot believe you are trying to make me choose between cake and ice cream! Cake WITH ice cream ALL THE WAY!
I’m glad you’re back on the cereal bandwagon – I know your love!!

lowandbhold February 24, 2010 at 12:36 pm

I want that ice cream cake plate right now! I used to not care for cake at all, but it’s growing on me. Ice cream is delicious but I don’t crave it all that often.

The wedding place sounds so awesome!

actorsdiet February 24, 2010 at 1:42 pm

i think i like cake more. i dig icing.

eaternotarunner February 24, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Where you’re getting married sounds amazing! Can’t wait to see pics :-)

louisianagrown February 24, 2010 at 2:11 pm

I’m all about cake with ice cream ON it. Chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream, please.

Meg @ Be fit Be Full February 24, 2010 at 2:39 pm

I thought this was a fun post to read! Clever. I am an ice cream gal all the way, and my favorite flakes cereal is Nature’s Path Red Berry Crunch.

BroccoliHut February 24, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Love this post!
Total ice cream person…unless that cake involves copious amounts of frosting, in which case I would scrape it off and leave the cake:)
Favorite flake cereal today is Total’s Cranberry Crunch–I can’t stop eating it!