your meals & moves! susan e.

by Janetha on February 11, 2010

in meals

• my name: Susan
  • where i live: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
  • my blog: The Great Balancing Act
  • my move: My "move" is the one-arm dumbbell snatch. It was hard to choose just one as my favourite, but I chose this because it’s a full-body move that works my legs, arms, and even engages my core. Plus, it’s fun as hell and keeps my heart pumping ;) It should be mentioned you’re supposed to use force to drive the dumbell over your head. It should be a quick and snappy move, some people even jump and they bring the weight up!
  • I’d also like to add that my mom took the picture for me in her kitchen before I went to the gym, and she is utterly horrified that I am posting pictures of myself in no makeup with my hair pulled back on the internet :P

• my meal: My "meal" is actually dates stuffed with peanut butter. I chose it because I eat it all. the. time. I eat it before I go to the gym, during long runs or bike rides, as a snack between meals, and as a dessert after meals. It contains two of my favourite things – sugar and nut butter! ;)

Holly February 11, 2010 at 8:04 am

susan…work out that move girl! and i happen to think you look adorable in all your workout glory. you should see me – its NOT a pretty sight!

love sugar + nut butter – mwah!

runningaroundnormal February 11, 2010 at 9:21 am

Love the moves, Susan! You look awesome!

Jamie (beautyandthebeef) February 11, 2010 at 11:13 am

I like that move a lot too…but I feel like I don’t bring the dumbbell up quick enough! I have to work on that.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) February 11, 2010 at 12:17 pm

your dessert = perfect for me too :)

if that horrifies her, she’s had a very good life.
you’re gorgeous susan!

Lara (Thinspired) February 11, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Ok, that looks like a very heavy weight to be lifting with one arm! I’ve gotta up my weight training so I can have arms like yours! :)

Michele | aka Raw Juice Girl February 11, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Love your guest post, Susan! And that’s one of my favorite desserts – almond butter and dats. YUM!!!! :-D

*smiles*
Michele

Michele | aka Raw Juice Girl February 11, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Umm…. and that would be dates – with an E. LOL ;-)

Deb (Smoothie Girl Eats Too) February 11, 2010 at 7:31 pm

You are soooo right- that is one of the best moves- it uses like every muscle! Good reminder to re-visit those- thanks! I’ve never tried a date with nut butter. I had a friend who used to make those and she called them “cockroaches”- kinda took the “must eat” thoughts out of my head! :-) And I agree with the commenter who said you don’t look bad in these shots, but I sure hope you find some really bad ones by Feb 28 for me hehehehehheeee!