your meals & moves! therese d.

by Janetha on February 7, 2010

in meals

• my name: Therese Rose-Marie
  • where i live: I was born in Edmond, OK but basically raised in sunny Orlando, FL
  • my blog: Healthy, Hott, Housewife…
  • my move: I know it’s one of the oldest moves in the book, but I must say I have a true love/hate relationship with lunges. I lurrrve what they do for my ba-donk-a-donk but I HATE how hard they can be! The key for me is maintaining good form. I never let my knee venture past my toe and make sure to lunge forward in a slow and steady manner.

image image

Following the Body for Life Pyramid I complete them as follows:

• 12 reps (per leg) @ 5# (total weight)
  • 10 reps @ 10#
  • 8 reps @ 20#
  • 6 reps @ 30#
  • 12 reps @ 5# –> feelin’ the burn!
  • my meal: My favorite clean recipe is adapted from good ole Peggy Ann (my momma). Her meatloaf is fantastic and was a cinch to healthify.

First pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees. Then in a bowl mix the following ingredients:

• – 1.25 lb ground turkey (ground beef)
  • – 1/4 tsp salt (1/2 tsp salt)
  • – 1/4 tsp pepper
  • – 1 tbs onion flakes
  • – 3 egg whites (1 large egg)
  • – 1 c old fashioned oats (1 c bread crumbs)
  • -1 8 oz can no salt added tomato sauce (the regular version)

Time to get down and dirty. I usually just wash up and stick my hands right in there. You don’t want to "overwork" the meat because it will make the turkey less tender. You can form the meat into one large loaf, but I prefer the mini loaves because it’s better for portion control. I make six.

Now just pop them in the oven for 15 minutes.

Now for the sauce. The sauce makes this dish, so don’t screw it up :) (This is the easiest dish possible so I doubt you could, just saying).

In a measuring cup mix up

• – 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
  • – 4 splenda (2 tblsp brown sugar)
  • – 2 tblsp parsley flakes
  • – 1 tsp worshershire (sp?) sauce

After the loaves have cooked for 15 minutes, take them out and spoon the mixture evenly over each.

Then cook for another five minutes. That’s it kiddies!

It really is so simple and so good! I entered all the ingredients into The Daily Plate and divided by 6, so the stats are roughly 187 calories, 7g fat, 12g carbs, 2g fiber, and 21g protein.

Sweet Cheeks February 7, 2010 at 10:38 am

wow those sound really good! I am definitely copying and pasting that recipe! :D

Lara (Thinspired) February 7, 2010 at 11:23 am

Your wedding photo is so gorgeous!
OH, lunges. I have reunited with them this past week and I must say, I think I have a love/hate relationship, too!
The meatloaf looks yummy. I’ve tried turkey meatloaf numerous times in the past and it never tastes quite like “real” meatloaf. I’ll have to give yours a go.

Holly (The Healthy Everythingtarian) February 7, 2010 at 1:34 pm

HELLO GORGEOUS! seriously dear, you are STUNNING!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) February 7, 2010 at 3:59 pm

OK your word: “ba-donk-a-donk” is my new fave word. Tomorrow I’ll ask the hubs: “does my ba-donk-a-donk look big in these jeans” and see what he says!! :-D

I <3 lunges. Sometimes I'll make a whole workout out of lunges and squats- they are so darned hard that they are like cardio and strength all rolled into one.

Your meatloaf looks splendid. I'm copying and pasting that one.

And the photo of you is ridiculously beautiful.

Therese February 8, 2010 at 6:42 am

Awww beans! I didn’t think anyone would comment on this :) You beauties made my morning!

Bekah February 8, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Love the lunges! Gaahh and my “ba-donk-a-donk” is always needing more work, no matter HOW many squats/long warrior poses I hold or lunges I do. But great post nontheless. How come I’ve never been to Healthy Hott Housewife before? OH em geee!

And this is like a variation of my favorite meat/turkey loaf recipe. Soo yummy. With a gallon of ketchup on the side please. :)

Susan February 9, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Aaahhh, lunges. I have a love/hate with those too. Okay, maybe just plain hate, but I like to think doing them is character building or something :P Turkey meatloaf?? Yesplease!!