home alone!

by Janetha on January 28, 2010

in meals,moves

hey guys.  how was your thursday?  i am SO so SO So glad tomorrow is friday.  and not to rub it in or anything.. but i only have five more days left of work until jamaica :)

i am home all by my lonesome tonight.  both of my roommates are in colorado for a snowboarding trade show and marshall has ALL the dogs at his house~ even my roomie’s dog! marshall has the day off tomorrow so he took all the pups so he could play with them tomorrow.  SO.. i am home alone in this new house for the first time ever. how boring!  usually i don’t mind being alone but it is nice to have a pup or two around ;)

before i tell you about today i have to show you the most fabulous protein berry ice cream i made last night!

droooool.

i might have to make some more tonight.  this was LOTS of ice, 1 scoop vanilla pro pow, 1/2 cup frozen berries (the triple berry blend from costco), 1/2 cup almond milk, splash of water, xantham & guar gums.

yes, it was super amazing.

thursday!

i woke up a tad early this morning so i took advantage of the situation and made myself some french pressed coffee before hitting the road~

i mentioned in my last post that today was national blueberry pancake day.. so of course, i did what any normal foodie would do, made blueberry pancakes for everyone at work!

i used some kodiak cakes whole wheat, oat & honey pancake batter and fresh blueberries~

i love this pancake batter. i know it is very popular across the country but i am happy to say that it is made by lehi roller mills which is local! gotta represent the local companies when you can :)

pre flip..

post flip..IMG_5814

all stacked up!

for MY pancake, i mixed 1/3 cup of prepared whole wheat, oat & honey batter with 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder and made ONE BIG PANCAKE with fresh blueberries baked right in..

IMG_5821 IMG_5822

meals

meal 1: protein blueberry pancake @ 9:00 AM

topped with a bit of sugar free syrup..IMG_5824 IMG_5825

OH. i want another one just looking at this! i loved it! protein packed and perfectly fluffy AND fruity. what more could i want?

oh yeah. more coffee. i had lots of that today.

i was a little worried that my pancake wouldn’t keep me full for long but it surprisingly held me over for four hours!

meal 2: grilled flatout egg wrap + veggies @ 1 PM

i have been trying to make do with what i have in the work fridge because i don’t want to grocery shop before my trip.  this wrap had 1 slice turkey, 3 egg whites, 1 wedge of laughing cow and some sugar free ketchup.

innards:

i grilled it on the stove and it toasted up quite nicely!

i didn’t want to eat too close to my workout but i knew i had to have something before the gym, so i made myself have a snack before i was hungry.

meal 3: yogurt mess @ 3:45 PM

this had 1 cup 0% plain oikos, 1 TB PB2, 1 TB chocolate protein powder and a sliced banana.

IMG_5833 IMG_5835

moves

it was an upper body workout day and my arms hurt as i type this. i rocked the weights today.. here are the details:

• 5 minute warmup on elliptical

barbell bench press 50# 12
lateral & front raises standing on one leg 5# dumbbell each hand 12 each way

set 7: back three times through

move weight reps
wide grip pulldowns 50# 15
  • arm bike for 5 minutes

the end! total workout 1 hour 5 minutes.

do you guys ever use the arm bike? it is awesome.  i was introduced to it when i was in physical therapy after breaking my humerus.  old lefty still gives me a lot of grief (i have a titanium rod in there) and so i like to do the arm bike from time to time.  it is a good workout! if your gym has one i suggest you give it a whirl.

meals

i came home and recharged with the most voluminous green protein smoothie evvvvver!

meal 4: yum @ 7:30 PM

in the mix:

• 1 cup almond milk
  • ice
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 3 cups spinach
  • xantham & guar gums

‘stachtastic and straight from the gym. yeah, i was holding my wine glass with a death grip. so what?

i came home to a FABULOUS surprise! one of the greatest people in the whole wide world sent me a package of goodies!

AHHHH! danica! you are such a babe!  danica knows that i can eat candy now that it is a new year (i didnt eat a lick of candy all year last year) and so she sent me some yummy treats :)  i think the BEST part of the package was the SEXY SOCKS!

ahahaha OH MY GOSH can you even believe she found these? it cracks me up after my post about the old dude saying my gym socks were sexy :D

of course i had a little sample of the dark chocolate crisps from trader joe’s~ i’ve been eyeing these every time i go to california!

super good! and one crisp was just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth!  at less than 20 calories a pop, you can’t beat that.

oh yeah i forgot to tell you guys.. i lost the ball to my blackberry the other day. it was just flat out missing:

ugh. grumble.

so~ i have been without a phone since monday!  but TODAY i got my new one.. the motorola droid:

i am going to fiddle with this and see if i can figure it out.  anyone have this phone? do you like it?

well.. that sums up my night! and now i am typing this.  pretty boring post, i know. sorry~ that’s all i’ve got!

sigh.. nobody sent me any smoothie ‘staches! come on people, i need all the entertainment i can get.

tune in tomorrow for flashback friday.. oh, and it is national corn chip day.. yeah~ i know SOMEONE will wanna celebrate!

1. what is your favorite kind of pancake and pancake topping? i love love love pumpkin pancakes with maple almond butter topping!

2. when your meal timing is off and you either have to eat when you aren’t hungry or go a long time without eating and get to the point of HANGRY, which do you choose? i almost always force feed myself because i know when hunger strikes it will not be a pretty sight ;)

xo. janetha b.

Angharad January 29, 2010 at 11:51 am

I hate being home alone :(
Okay, wanna come and work in my office for awhile? Great.
Mmm pancakes. Did not make. Was hungover. On a school night. Fail.
Love me some banana pancakes though with traditional maple syrup! YUM.

Have a lovely weekend!! TGIF.

Jamie January 29, 2010 at 11:57 am

I love all types of pancakes! For healthy I like banana nut or pumpkin protein pancakes. I just started making quinoa protein pancakes b/c I’m not eating wheat or oats for a bit.
The best pancakes I have EVER had are the Danish pancakes from Paula’s Pancake House in Solvang, CA. If you ever have the chance to go there! I seriously dream about these.

I will usually eat when not too hungry instead of having to wait too long b/c I am not a happy camper when starved…or maybe I’m just gluttonous :)

Naomi (onefitfoodie) January 29, 2010 at 12:19 pm

DANG girl! so many good things here, as always. I think being home alone is bittersweet, I love it and hate it at the same time, but I think it depend son my mood, sometmies i LOVE tobe alone! other times I hate it! ya know?? anyways, delicious frozen berry treat you have yourself there and what a big bowl, that speaks volumes!!! its so pretty too!! that would make a great smoothie stach :) just sayin…

mmm blueberry pancakes look fantastic!! my favorite are banana walnut pancakes with SF syrup and more bananas on top!!! i think the combo of bananas and pancakes is hard to beat! I will try with a boost of protein powder in there next time for sure!
I ALWAYS try to listen to my body and feed it when it wants, if I end up getting hungry earlier than I thought I would I just eat something to hold me over till i eat the next meal. If I am going somwehere and I know I wont be eating for hours, i will eat something even if I am not really hungry in anticipation of the long ‘no eating’ time (if any of that made sense!)

love you girl! happy friday and I am SO BEYOND jealous of your vacay? can I cmoe in your suitcase??

anutritionisteats January 29, 2010 at 12:47 pm

I love that you can make all your meals at work! Lucky you! But even luckier co-workers who get blueberry pancakes!!!

kbwood January 29, 2010 at 1:11 pm

I LOVE THOSE SOCKS!!
janeeethaaa im so in love with your HAIR!! seriously, you look like a freaking model or something. you are beautiful!! LOVE yo eats and your workouts, as always!

luckytastebuds January 29, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Those pancakes are perfect and gorgeous. I don’t think i could make a better combo!!! I love topping my pancakes with greek yogurt, a blob of fruit jam and a fat drizzle of honey. :) OH! And fruit!!! Sliced bananas do it for me. heheheh

AHhh i love reading your blog….just so well put together. I give you IMMENSE kudo’s for putting your writing cap, photographer cap, workout cap, designer cap, on every day just for us. :)

Miss Jones January 29, 2010 at 3:07 pm

My Dad LOVES his Droid. Also, I’m going to try that berry ice cream sometime soon! Check out my blog, too if you get the chance! You were my inspiration for starting one up. Have fun in Jamaica!

Allie January 29, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Those socks are so sexy ; ) I looked at the droid but ended up getting the droid eris and I’m in love! It’s pretty much the same just no keyboard. So many fun applications though! Now we can play with our droids together : p

Tamizn January 29, 2010 at 3:48 pm

OH my god that fruit ice cream looks soooooooo good! x x

Heather January 29, 2010 at 6:22 pm

That ice cream looks SO good!!! Love the vday goodies too :)

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) January 29, 2010 at 6:24 pm

I HAVE THAT PHONE!!!!!!!!!!

Love the stache :)

julie January 29, 2010 at 9:33 pm

mmmm love your cakes sweetcheeks ;) hahahaha that was WAY too creepstat for me. i’m sorry hahahahahaha wow shoot me now.

ugh i did decline chest presses the other day and my chest muscles are still SO sore. stellar workout girl. hope you enjoyed the alone time! …well now that it’s a day later haha..

Kristie January 29, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Bebe you can make me pancakes any day. Can I please come work for you so I can get some of that berry pancake goodness? WOW. HOT new phone too, so glad you got your hands on one. I’d feel pretty naked if I were stuck without a functioning phone for a few days and I’m not even a mad crazy celly user.
Oh and uh, best socks EVER.

1. I love making pumpkin oatmeal pancakes and topping them with banana, berries, and pb mixed with vanilla yogurt and syrup!
2. FORCE FEED. I HATE being hungry. Hungry = cranky, horrible, can’t think, can’t function, chest pains? It’s just bad news. I avoid waiting for hunger like it’s the plague!

jenngirl January 30, 2010 at 7:13 am

What I would give to have a coworker like you one day!! Awesome of you to make pancakes for the office :)

1. chocolate chip pancakes are pretty darn fantastic. can’t say that I’ve had them since I was younger, but of all the pancake combos, I either like ’em plain or with some chocolate chips.

2. Force feed for sure! I’ve learned the hard way that I am an angry beast if my hungry gets intense. This semester I have to eat lunch at a certain time each day to make it to class on time. Most days, I’m ready for lunch, but I eat it even when I’m not, because it’s either that or wait until AFTER at 2pm which is no bueno for me!

Susan January 30, 2010 at 10:03 am

Bahaha, those sexy socks are awesome!! You’ll have to wear them proudly next time you go to the gym ;) I’ve heard of an arm bike before, but I’ve never seen one. I should ask my gym about it – usually they’ll do things if people show interest :) Also, I was a few days late, but I finally had blueberry pancakes today! Yours look aaawwesome. Is your office by chance looking for a communications person who can train people in the office gym on their lunch breaks?? Just sayin’… :P

1. I’m boring, or rather, “classic” Plain buttermilk pancakes dipped in real maple syrup.

2. I force feed myself too. I get all wacky when my sugar dips too low, it’s not a cool situation.

Jessica (jesslikesithot) January 30, 2010 at 11:53 am

OMG. my hungover self would KILL for some of those pancakes right now!!!!!!!! blueberries are always my fave addition :)

scrambled eggs w/ salsa and hot sauce, toast, pineapple chunks and coffffeeeeee w/ soy totally made my morning though! we need to meet (obvs), and you need to make me those, kay?!

and i’m the same way! after a few hours i need food, or else i get cranky, tired and lameee. no fun to be around! bars & starbucks drinks are life-savers anywhere u go!! XOXOXO

Bekah January 30, 2010 at 10:44 pm

oooh no! i have a blackberry- i sure hope my rolly ball thing doesn’t break! :/

side note= ridiculously berrylicious good looking eats throughout this entire post. I”m hungry now. it’s 12:44 pm.

another side note- i think you’re the only blog i comment where i don’t care about my grammar/spelling. or caps. :) congrats.

Bekah January 30, 2010 at 10:45 pm

p.s. its very rare that i ever reach starvation mode, just because i like to eat so much. but since starting school i dont think im eating enough! so im definitely going to start bringing snacks/ protein drink shaker things/ and emergency nuts.

if i know im not going to be eating for a while, i definitely force feed a little something beforehand! its all about planning ahead.

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) January 31, 2010 at 10:55 am

OK your smoothies are totally rockin like moroccan since you got the gums- sorry for repeating myself but it’s soooo obvious in the consistency. Your berry protein is my exact PB&J except that I add PB and frankensyrups and frozen rhubarb. My go-to fave smoothie ever.

Bollar you lost your ball. your droid looks like an iphone- sure it’s the same right?

I don’t usually have a problem with the force feeding issue b/c I’m always hungry. Nearly anyway.

Your bangs are sooo cute and sharp! So stylish- your hair is bone straight- amazing.

OMG is that chocolate bar really 30% hazelnuts? Like for every 2 centimeters there is a hazelnut? heaven!

Hope you had a good weekend! <3