sexy socks!

by Janetha on January 13, 2010

in meals,moves

holler.  it is wednesday which means hangout night with my babe… so this one is going to be snappy!  hope you guys don’t mind :)

first of all.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY GIRLS THERESE AND BROOKE! YEEEEAH!

i started out the day on time.. which is pretty epic for me.  i am usually on time for work monday and tuesday but by the time wednesday rolls around i am definitely late for work by at least 20 minutes if not more.  either i have turned over a new leaf or i just got lucky today.

maybe i was just really excited for my breakfast…

meal 1: protein waffles!! @ 8:30 AM

gahhhh! it has been AGES since i celebrated waffle wednesday.. a little thang susan and i started way back when.  i have been failing week after week~ luckily susan has kept the tradition alive.

i used my protein waffle recipe for these babies.. dusted off my waffle iron and put it to use!  i drizzled them with a bit of sugar free syrup and totally ate them with my hands.

acceptable, right? of course right.

lunch was sooo dang good yesterday that i decided to have a repeat.  how does the saying go.. if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it? yeah sure, whatever.

meal 2: turkey meatloaf wrap + veggies @ 12:00 PM

i switched up the presentation and made it look different than yesterday’s lunch.. i mean, i gotta keep you guys entertained somehow, hah. same plate though.. no worries, i washed all the sticky syrup off ;)

snacktime came around and it was a little boring..

meal 3: chocolate protein shake + peppermint stick luna (not shown) @ 3:15 PM

like i said.. gotta keep y’all entertained..

pippi longstocking steeze today folks. and i need a bang trim.

up next? sweat sesh!

i was changing my shoes at the gym (i don’t like to wear my running shoes outside) and this old dude comes up to me.  and by old i mean he was most likely in his eighties and i couldn’t believe he was even at the gym.

anyway.. he came up to me and said.. “those are some sexy socks!”

janetha b: “um, what?”

old dude: “your socks! they sure are sexy.”

janetha b: “uhhh.. thanks?”

old dude: “keep it up. have a great workout!”

hahaha what in the random? i mean, the man complimenting me in the first place was a little out of the ordinary~but the fact that he called my socks sexy is just downright hilarious!

ok, moving on!

ladies (and gentlemen?).. i give you the best, hardest, most epic treadmill workout of my entire treadmill career.

inspired by a format momma b. suggested. thanks mom!

so the idea of this workout is to alternate jogging and running.. and increasing the jogging and running intervals gradually.. and then decreasing them gradually.

SO.. i would jog 1 min/run 1 min, jog 2 min/run 2 min, etc etc etc.. up to 4 minutes.. then go from 4 back down to 1. kapeesh?

minute #

36-38 jog 2 minutes 6.0
38-40 run 2 minutes 7.5
40-41 jog 1 minute 6.0
41-42 run 1 minute 9.0
42-45 cooldown 3 minutes 3.5

total time: 45 minutes, total distance: 4.61 miles

as you can see, my jogging and running speeds varied.  i paid attention to how i was feeling and kept the jogging speed at a MPH that i was comfortable with and the running speed at a MPH that was challenging but not over-doing it.  you can adjust the speeds to your ability level.

PLEASE try this workout. i am not joking when i say it was the best treadmill workout i have ever done!!

i finished the gym sesh up with 15 minutes of abs.  i completed this 7 1/2 minute cycle twice through:

repeat!

the end. this whole workout was rad. SO SO SO SO rad.

came home and had this guy before hitting the showers:

after a nice, hot shower i was ready to eat.. and didn’t have to lift a finger because it is crock pot wednesday!

i am not sure if i have mentioned this, but marshall has dubbed wednesdays to be “crock pot wednesday” and i am supposed to fix a crock pot dinner every wednesday morning.  this is sometimes rough, considering i fail miserably at waking up early, but on the wednesdays that i do succeed.. it sure is nice to come home to a dinner that is already made and ready to eat!

on the menu for tonight’s crock pot wednesday?

meal 4: indian chicken curry @ 7:15 PM

it may not look glamorous, but trust me.. it was something to write home about.  shoot, i would probably write the north pole and the queen of england about this meal!  it was that good.

in the pot:

i took a cue from a recipe out of the latest issue of oxygen magazine and added a little of my own flair~

• 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 (15 oz) can garbanzos w/ juices
  • 2-3 cloves minced garlic
  • 2 sweet potatoes, peeled & diced
  • 1 lb chicken breast, diced
  • 4 medium carrots, diced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cups broccoli (which i steamed when i got home from the gym and added to the pot 30 min before eating)
  • 1 TB tumeric
  • 1 TB cumin
  • 1-2 tsp cinnamon
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • a jar of this stuff:

talk about pimping out a jarred sauce!

i always bring this home when i am out of state and have the joy of visiting a trader joe’s.. but i am sure the regular grocery store has something similar if you are like me and aren’t lucky enough to have a TJ’s in your town.

everything cooked on low all day long and then, like i said up there, when i got home i steamed some broccoli and stirred it into the pot.

OH EM GEE. so good!

my only complaint is that the only chunk of sweet potato left in the whole pot is that one you see sitting atop my bowl in the photo above.  the rest of the potatoes kind of turned to mush.  next time, i will have to add the potatoes later on.  the only problem is that i am at work all day and coming home to throw potatoes into the pot is not very realistic.  maybe i can train penny to do it for me?

hmmm. maybe not.

i will admit something. i had some whole wheat pita bread with my meal.. i know i said no starchy bread after meal 3 but shoot.. this stuff is healthy and a little extra whole wheat carb loving never hurt anyone. the pita bread was perfect for soaking up all that curry juice ;)

and NOW i am going to call it a night and go hang out with my sweetie. WHO, by the way, got the A-OK on his passport and it should arrive friday! YAY!! thanks for all your happy thoughts and prayers :D

for the record, he called me earlier today with a really ultra-sad voice and said he got an email from the passport agency saying there has been a problem processing his additional identity info.  i about burst into tears and started worrying about what the hell we were going to do.

turns out he was lying.  the email actually said things were all legit and his passport was on the way.

man, i hate him.

i leave you with a photo of my sexy socks.

ow, ow!! too hot to handle!

1. what is the strangest/funniest/most random compliment you’ve received? “sexy socks” from 80 year old man, no contest.

2. what is a meal you’ve been eating a lot of lately and can’t seem to get sick of? turkey meatloaf three days in a row for me.. i have a feeling that tomorrow is going to make it four.

xo. janetha b.

p.s. i updated my mileage page and my challenge page! woooohoo.

Tamizn January 14, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Yay for the passport! Your mind must be at ease now free to get excited about your hols! I can’t stop eating pancakes! I’m so having then for breakfast yum! x x

Kristie January 14, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Wow, those are some seriously sexy socks. Old man’s got good taste ;)

So trying that treadmill workout asap. I’m always looking for sweeeeeet tready plans to throw into the mix. I’ve been doing the same several on rotation for a while now, time for something new!

glidingcalm January 14, 2010 at 5:09 pm

i know i’ve said it once, but i’ll say it again! YOU’VE GOT SOME PURRRRRRRFECT HAIR!

and beautiful food!! totally just made me crave waffles AND curry. Why is curry so bizombin in the winter?!

sexy socks from an 80 yr old?! that isssssss weird.

i adore you.
gc

snackface January 14, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Hahaha I’d be so pissed at Marsh! Well, I’d quickly get over it.

Sexy socks! Thaz cuz errythang you do iz sexy. Duh.

One time at the gym (this was four/five years ago), I stepped off the scale and the guy behind me asked, “how much did you weigh?” WHAT!? NEVER ask someone that, you jackass!

And I’ve been eating wraps and pumpkin oats like crazy lately. I switched it up and had chips and cookies for dinner today, though.

Love youuuuu

closet365project January 14, 2010 at 8:08 pm

Hahaha. I was expecting like knee highs (some girls actually wear those to the gym! haha) but (with all due respect to your socks) they’re just normal gym socks! Hilarious.

That treadmill workout is really similar to the one that’s in the Oxygen Abs issue. I absolutely love it because it’s a longer workout that feels doable, but it’s only once I get done that I’m like holy crap I’m tired. Awesome.

Deb January 14, 2010 at 8:38 pm

No offense, but those socks are not sexy. I thought that you were rockin the high school girl look and had stripey knee highs with shorts! :-)

Oh crap, I just typed that and then read my new fave bloggie’s 365 comment and she said the same thing- oh well, brilliant minds think alike :-) ha ha. Thanks for referring to her btw- I’ve never read a fitness blog before and it’s so fun! Oh no, not another thing to get addicted to!!!

I think you must like those treadmill workouts because you are so busy looking at your sheet to see what you need to change on the program that you forget that you are working out til it’s all done!! I’d blow a few cells in the grey matter just trying to keep that straight.

No comment on your shake. I’m biting my lip. But the photo of you is sooo adorable, and I heart peppermint lunas more than life itself.

Meal I never tire of: berries with greek yogurt, stevia and some topping like a sprinkle of granola. Never tire. Nom.

Have a wonderful night!

Deb (Smoothie Girl Eats Too) January 14, 2010 at 11:19 pm

PS Check out the hilarious vid above = he wears bizzzness socks ;-)

carolinebee January 15, 2010 at 7:44 am

HAHA omg when i first moved to Boston i was walking to the gym and this homeless man goes, “GURRRRLLL….u got some NICE ankles..”
hahahha best thing ever :D I’ll take it! SO glad M got his passport straightened out!

Lara (Thinspired) January 15, 2010 at 12:01 pm

JB!! Dude, it’s been so long since I’ve visited your blog that I haven’t seen the blog makeover. Nice. So basically you and I suck at being blog friends ;) Haha–I have FIFTEEN posts from you to read! Fail.

I think it was your sexy socks that allowed for that awesome elliptical workout, don’t you?

1. I was told once by a writing professor that I was a “master of irony.” I have no idea what that means, but I’ll take it as a compliment. Weird, though.

2. Spaghetti squash! I think I’ve had it 3 or 4 days in a row now…

Jenny January 15, 2010 at 4:47 pm

…and keep us entertained you do my dear. Getting my daily dosage of meals and moves is always the best part of my day :) god, I love ya!

1. my aunt once told me that my “beauty mark” (read: mole) brings out my eyes. that was of course after she mistook it for a brownie crumb. Definite ego booster.
2. does eating oats at least 4 times a week for the past 6 months count as “a lot” ?

Susan January 16, 2010 at 5:16 am

Yayyy Waffle Wednesday!! I eat mine with my hands too. No shame. Consider that treadmill workout bookmarked! I’m starting to get tired of my usual speed routine so it’s time to switch it up :)

1. I used to get some weird ones working at Starbucks. I don’t think a man under the age of 60 ever hit on my while I was working there. What is it with old men?

2. Custard oats!!

Erik June 27, 2011 at 6:28 pm

I know it’s an old post above but I couldn’t resist the temptation to comment because your post illustrates one of the great difficulties and misunderstandings between men and women: women do not know what is sexy. Yes, I am sorry to say this but it is true.
Allow me to explain. It looks like I am the only dude to post here. Most of the ‘sock’ comments seem to range between slightly mystified to ‘ewwww’-ish. Typical girl behavior (please, no offense intended.)
Actually these socks are indeed very sexy. No I am not some internet creep with a sock fetish. I am an average guy who loves women, who loves their femininity and their beauty, and I am telling you many many men would see these cute little feet wrapped up in cute little white footie socks and find themselves with an insta-boner.
I am sorry if you find this distasteful, it’s just how we are put together.
I could write a book on this but I don’t any woman would read it since most of them haven’t the slightest interest in being appealing to men (since you are aware all men want you anyway) but instead are more interested in one-upping their fellow women.

Thanks for the cute picture.

Janetha June 28, 2011 at 9:41 am

Erik, your comment made my flipping day! This was awesome. Thanks for your perspective!

Erik June 29, 2011 at 10:05 am

Thanks Janetha. Your blog made mine.
;)
Sorry for the snippy tone, but I’ve just gotten so exasperated with the women I’ve encountered who seem mystified (or worse, disgusted) by
men’s sexuality. I agree we are pretty disgusting creatures but not really mysterious.
Have a nice day.