the end.

by Janetha on December 31, 2009

in meals,moves

of 2009.  crazy, eh?  it honestly feels like this year whizzed by in the blink of an eye.  i kind of have a feeling that the older i get, the faster time will go by.  kind of sad.. i want those endless summers from when i was a kid and feeling like chirstmas takes eons to arrive!

well i didn’t post last night, i was actually at a birthday celebration for one of my good friends.  since i have today off of work i figured i would just post early on and then i won’t have to later tonight.  two birds, one stone two days, one post ;)

WOW lots of great responses to my last post!  if you haven’t read the comments then you may want to go take a look.  thank you all for your input and advice and genuine concern.  in the end, think that susan said it best”

“Not cool for a GYNO to chime in about DIET. Maybe if your diet was affecting your nether regions. If she was that concerned, she should have referred you to a nutritionist.”

agreed.  also, it was refreshing to hear that so many of you eat 120 grams of protein OR MORE each day. as long as the protein is balanced out with all other nutrients~it is fine.  just like muffy said:

“if you eat a balanced diet WITH the 120g protein, and you are utilizing it ALL, then it balances out anyway. Might have to take extra calcium to do a balanced diet there, but as long as you are utilizing all that protein and having enough other nutrients, your body should be able to process everything just fine! It is when you have things in EXCESS that you aren’t utilizing when it becomes a problem.”

alright.  good stuff. thanks for the great discussion!

moving onto yesterday’s deets!

breakfast was nothing new. protein oatmeal with mighty maple and cinnamon~
IMG_4489 IMG_4490IMG_4491

lunch was a business meeting with my bosses and our payroll dude.  i am taking over a lot with the new year and that includes payroll.  we went to red rock which is a delicious restaurant & brewery in the SLC.

i went with the half cobb salad minus bacon plus extra chicken, dressing on the side~

IMG_4494 IMG_4495IMG_4493

my bosses are used to me whipping the camera out every time i eat, but the payroll dude was a tad freaked out.  haha~i don’t even care anymore.  no shame in my food blogging game!

after lunch i went straight to the doctor’s office and proceeded to wait in the waiting room for OVER AN HOUR AND A HALF!  shoot me in the foot, i wanted to die.. well, not die, but just be somewhat injured so they would pay attention to my presence. hence the shooting in the foot request.

eventually i made it in and the new doc that i requested was AWESOME!  she actually had a lot of nice things to say and i think i have found a replacement for the mean, old doc from last year :)

since it was 4 hours after lunch when i eventually left the doc’s office, my appetite was obviously raging.  luckily i had an emergency bar in my purse.  it was a myoplex lite chocolate chocolate chip bar~

crappy photo, i was driving. oops.

i did a 35-minute stairmill routine which was INCREDIBLE:

minutes speed each minute
(increased each minute increment)
orientation
0-1 3 facing front
1-5 6, 8, 10, 12 facing front
5-9 4, 6, 8, 10 facing right
9-13 4, 6, 8, 10 facing back
13-17 4, 6, 8, 10 facing left
17-18 3 facing front
18-22 6, 8, 10, 12 facing front
22-26 4, 6, 8, 10 facing right
26-30 4, 6, 8, 10 facing back
30-34 4, 6, 8, 10 facing left
34-35 3 facing front

i was a sweaty mess when this was over.  it was incredibly challenging~please try it!!

dinner was quick and easy.

stir fry with ground turkey, veggies & brown rice~

i love eating with chop sticks.

all i did to make this was combine some diced red onion, sesame oil & ground turkey~

add broccoli slaw, baby corn, water chestnuts & bamboo shoots~

i threw in a few asian sauces including this one from danica:

and then stirred in some brown rice to complete the dish!

bueno. hmmm or how do i say good in chinese?? no clue.

anyway, then it was off to the party.  afterward, marshall was hungry and our friends peter & amber were going to a late night breakfast joint.

i had tea & an english muffin:

IMG_4530IMG_4534

i did NOT have these cheese fries with extra cheese, like every one else…

heart attack on a plate. sick. (side note: i am not a hater. usually i do enjoy some delicious fries but i prefer mine to be of the sweet potato variety and not swimming in mounds of cheese)

that brings us to today! the last day of the decade. wow.  i actually have not had anything to eat yet and i have only sipped on some coffee from my french press. i am waiting for marshall to get his butt up so we can get some food.

***************************************************************

a look back on 2009.

last night marshall and i were looking back at the past decade and talking about all that has happened to us from the age of 16 to the age of 26.  a lot.  i am pretty sure the past 10 years have been the best and worst of my life.  i have been through so much and grown up a lot.  learned many life lessons.  lost people i love.  found new people to love.  since it would be really long to look back at the past DECADE, i decided  to touch back on some of the things that i remember from this year.  i wasn’t blogging the whole time~ but of course i was taking photos.

january.

my mom and i started a second BFL challenge with lots of family and friends.  i started up a body for life blog: “do something about it!” and we took the dreaded “before photos”~

1-5-09 006

i had obviously let the holidays of 2008 get the best of me~ i referred to it as “holiday garbage weight”.

i started taking more photos of my food~

protein pancakes:

1-5-09 029

“italian kangaroos”:

1-09-09 008

enchilada casserole:

1-11-09 010

february.

february was rough: first i had food poisoning then the laptop broke then i got bronchitis then i got a sinus infection.

and my camera broke. this photo is from the last night it worked, then my friend dropped it at the bar:

i also went to calfornia with my parents and marshall for my niece’s baptism and to celebrate my sister’s birthday.

imageimageimage image

march.

i flashed back to past st patty’s days on my other blog.

i had fun with friends.

Monster_1370P3210691

april.

i went to mexico with my company.

mexico 048

i had a great last day of the snowboarding season. in a tank top.

4-19-09 013 4-19-09 012

i started the blog!

may.

i got my tonsils out :(

i went to moab for memorial day.

imageimage

we strut our mutts at the 2009 no more homeless pets fundraiser and we raised almost $500! if you got my christmas card, that is where the photo was from :)

imageimage

june.

i turned 26!

image image

july.

i ran my first 10k!

image image

august.

foodbuzz sent me to share our strength’s taste of the nation culinary event.

two meals & moves traditions came to be…

flashback friday was born!

and waffle wednesday was born!

i got my new car.

september.

i went to seattle for a wedding.

october.

we went to lake powell and got a house boat.

imageimage

november.

i visited my sister AND went to the first annual foodbuzz festival and met amazing bloggettes!

image image

december.

my sister and her family surprised us for christmas and i went skiing with them.

and i had the best christmas ever :)

well that was long!

*************************************************************

i can’t believe tomorrow is not only the start of a new year, but the start of a new decade.  it blows me away.  i love to reminisce and i hope you enjoyed my 2009 recap!

i want to talk about new years resolutions but i think this post is long enough, so i will be back with flashback friday + new years resolutions tomorrow!

whatever you have planned for tonight, make sure you stay safe and have fun!!

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!

1. what are some of the moments that stick out to you from 2009?

2. what is/was your LAST MEAL of 2009? ohhh i wonder what mine will be tonight?!

xo. janetha b.

The Hot and Fit December 31, 2009 at 12:32 pm

Happy New Year to you!

Marisa (Loser for Life) December 31, 2009 at 12:39 pm

You have had a fun year with great meals and awesome moves!

Happy New Year, Janetha!

Whit December 31, 2009 at 12:53 pm

ahhhh, love it, especially since I have not ‘known’ you since the birth of the blog. ADORE.

PS: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Whit December 31, 2009 at 12:54 pm

LOOKS LIKE MY CAPS LOCK GOT STUCK! BYE!

Tiffany S. December 31, 2009 at 12:57 pm

Great wrap up!

My last meal tonight will be at French restaurant that gets kinda mixed reviews (but that’s where our guests wanted to go). It will be hard to resist the frites, but I’ve gone most of the year without them I might as well keep ignoring them. Maybe some seafood + ONE glass of wine as I’m the DD. (We’re seeing a band afterwards so I won’t be driving until 4 hours after dinner)

Then we get to wake up our guests in 2010 and do Vitamix demos for them! Hope their heads don’t hurt when I turn that sucker on!

Here’s to a FANTABULOUS 2010, J!

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) December 31, 2009 at 12:57 pm

Time is starting to go by way too fast. I cannot believe 2010 is almost here! CRAZY!!!

I am having fondue tonight as my last meal of 2009. Whoop whoop!!!!

leianna December 31, 2009 at 12:58 pm

The cobb salad looks so good, haven’t had one of those in a long time!
My last meal would be my dad’s Korean cooking of steamed bun’s, bulgogi and eggrolls, all homemade and amazing!
Happy New Year!

plamarie December 31, 2009 at 1:00 pm

Hell Ya! Thanks for the 2009 wrap up, it was fun. Look forward to your inspiration in 2010!

Katie December 31, 2009 at 1:00 pm

Great update!

Traveling to Europe…and great family moments in 2009.

So far not sure about my last meal!

Have a happy New Years!

Healthy food and exercise in 2010!

Katie

April December 31, 2009 at 1:04 pm

I loved your recap and man that chinese dish looks superb!

April December 31, 2009 at 1:06 pm

Oh and my last meal is sure to involve some sort of protein powder concoction.

Holly (The Healthy Everythingtarian) December 31, 2009 at 1:10 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY DEAR! LOVED the flashback :)

and lots of love to you!!!!!

Sara December 31, 2009 at 1:11 pm

I love seeing the recap since I’ve found your blog late as well. It’s so much easier than stalking someone and reading through months of bloggy archives…. okay, so I might still have to do that as well :)
Happy New Year!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) December 31, 2009 at 1:36 pm

hey girl thanks for the link to the post yesterday and the whole drama with that. good god. Just wait til you actually get preg and have to go the Ob/Gyn and they ask you a million questions about EVERYTHING and somehow many of them make you feel bad about everything from your birth plan to your prenatal vites. Its 40 weeks of “fun”. Find someone you like before that time arises or like my sis, who’s 20 weeks, and finding a new midwife b/c she hates her and leaves in tears after every appt.

Ramble over :)

Thx for the awesome holiday card you sent me Just went thru all my mail.

I use that SAME sesame oil. And pretty much 2 tbsp of PB, 2 Tbsp of Agave and 2 Tbsp of that oil all in a pan are like the best peanut sauce asian flare meal ever :)

xoxox

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is December 31, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Um – your before picture is fab!! Still great girl! My most memorable moments of 2009 were buying our new house and starting my blog – so glad I have got to know you, too! :)

Naomi(onefitfoodie) December 31, 2009 at 2:06 pm

amazing pics! girl, you are a KNOCKOUT! I cannot believe your ‘before’ pics…such a hottie!!

memorable for me, meeting my BF in early feb of 2009, getting my Jeep and starting the new position in my company! I cannot wait to see whats in store for 2010

lol love the pics of you with your tonsils out, too cute!

happy healthy new year my love! :)

Peanut Butter Bliss December 31, 2009 at 2:13 pm

I am so glad to hear that you like the new doctor and she is fine with your diet :)

wow congrats on running your first 10k – thats awesome!!

love me some baby corn in stirfrys :)
happy new years eve!

Lauren December 31, 2009 at 2:15 pm

What an amazing year for you!

I know that only better things are in store for you in 2010. You have been such an inspiration to me and my life and I can’t imagine 2010 without your friendship!

Happy New Year darling!

julie December 31, 2009 at 2:26 pm

my last meal will be suuuuushiiiiiiiiiiii :) :) :) just the way 09 should end.

you’re a baller and i love you for riz. can’t wait to see all the stellar things you do in oh-10 hahaha. had to do that. have a fab time tonight :)

april December 31, 2009 at 2:26 pm

Happy New Year!

I’m so glad you found a good doctor.. once I get my practitioner degree maybe you can come be my patient! Just kidding that might be kind of awkward.

And I really want to try that stairmaster routine but I’m so scared of going sideways.. ahhh

inmytummy December 31, 2009 at 2:40 pm

Oh geez, I hope I eat a good dinner because the last thing that I ate today was a veggie corn dog!

Andrea@WellnessNotes December 31, 2009 at 2:45 pm

What a great look back at 2009! I can’t believe it’s the end of a decade either… I still remember 1999 like it was yesterday – the teenager was 8 back then, and we let him stay up until midnight! :)

Some highlights of 2009: lots of fun at the “nature park” with the toddler, Tahoe vacation, the teenager turned 18, and the toddler turned 2, hubby and I are going on date nights again…

Last meal of the decade will be sushi.

Have fun tonight! :)

Allison (Eat Clean Live Green) December 31, 2009 at 2:58 pm

You must work for an awesome company – trip to Mexico?! fun!

I’m thinking my last dinner of 2009 is going to be steak + potatoes. delicious!

Lizzy December 31, 2009 at 3:10 pm

Happy New Year my dear! :) love you xoxoxox

Jenny December 31, 2009 at 3:27 pm

I was totally twitter-stalking you last night and heard all about your waiting room woes.. that ain’t right! the Doc better have treated you to a lollipop!

can’t wait for all of the meals and moves (and hilarity, beauty, love, etc…) that you have in store for us in 2010. Love you :)

Jenna December 31, 2009 at 3:39 pm

What a great year!!

Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce December 31, 2009 at 4:20 pm

love love all the pics!! so glad to hear that your new doc is cool!

jenngirl December 31, 2009 at 4:46 pm

So glad to hear the new doc was great! I’m all about being comfortable with you doctors, it’s so important!

I am SO happy to have “met” you through blogging this year, and I just know that 2010 will be just a continuance of your awesomeness!

Happy New Year!

1. Definitely transferring back to school after treatment for my ED; Mardi Gras in New Orleans!; end of the summer beach trip with friends; and best Thanksgiving with the family ever!

2. I don’t know yet! Something yummy :)

balancejoyanddelicias December 31, 2009 at 5:20 pm

happy new year sweetie! :)

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) December 31, 2009 at 6:44 pm

Looks like you had a fabulous year!!! You went to Mexico for work!!? Lucky girl.

Our last meal was another seafood fest–yum! Happy New Year, Janetha!!!

Anne December 31, 2009 at 7:31 pm

Ick, I HATE waiting forever for appointments! At least the new doc is cool! Your stirfry looks fab, too. And I love the 09 recap! Looks like quite the fun year :)

1) Changing my major to kinesiology, starting the blog :)

2) Stuffed acorn squash with sweet potato and black beans. Sooooo good!

Happy New year, girl!

closet365project December 31, 2009 at 8:06 pm

My last meal is going to be sushi, and then a pink cupcake! I hope whatever you have is equally awesome

Happy New Year!.

dorothy December 31, 2009 at 11:24 pm

the last thing i ate was spanakopita. which, up until tonight, i thought was pronounced spank-on-pita..

hope you had something yummy :)

lurrrved the recap. happy 2010!!!

kbwood December 31, 2009 at 11:51 pm

what a GREAT year girl!!
how is that myoplex bar? worth buying?
i had stir fry tonight for my last meal! it was DANG good too..also a hummus sandwich :) typically, yet fufilling! i also saw avatar tonight..which ended up being better than expected! now its 2 AM and i think i should go to sleep! baha.
HAVE FUN AT THE PARTAYY!

mom January 1, 2010 at 1:41 am

What an awesome trip down memory lane! I could ditto a lot of your highlites cause I was there!!
Being healthier and stronger equals being a better golfer!

Blueberry Brandy Chicken @ The Bohemiun-so good but a real lame waiter…we ordered bread pudding which was SO bland and then walking out noticed on the Special board HoMeMade Tiramisu yep just shoot me now….boy I’ll bet that would have been good. Oh well lovely night out!
Happy 2010!!!

mom January 1, 2010 at 1:48 am

Also sending love to my baby girl!! I’m so proud of ALL you have accomplished–I know you will be the bomb in 2010. Thanks for teaching me so much!! Love is not a big enough word!!!
Xoxo

ellie January 1, 2010 at 6:36 am

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!! I love the highlights…it’s been so cool to be reading your blog and share all this awesome stuff with you. Can’t wait to see how 2010 pans out :D

1. what are some of the moments that stick out to you from 2009? moving out of my mom’s apartment, moving into my own place after a few months of a wasp-infested apartment, my trip to NY… :)

2. what is/was your LAST MEAL of 2009? Nothing special. Boo. Tuna/kidney beans/rice/salsa salad. I have been hooked on this pretty much all year long!

The Fit Collegiate January 1, 2010 at 9:09 am

What an awesome and eventful year!

My last meal was Amy’s Organic Enchiladas microwaveable meal–somewhat fitting, considering I have a love affair with Ms. Amy!

Katie January 1, 2010 at 11:17 am

What a fun recap!

My last 2009 meal was a chicken Caesar salad, a sweet potato, and a handful of Mentos. Pretty representative of my eating habits this year. :-)

Paige (Running Around Normal) January 1, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Wow! Sooo much to comment on! First off, that’s awesome that you have no shame of the food blogging game. That’s the payroll dude’s problem if he has a problem with it ;)
What a year for you! You did so many cool and fun things. Seems like there was never a dull moment :) And girl…I’m pretty sure your body is rocking in your BEFORE pictures! You look great there…I see no “garbage” at all :D

OK, questions
1. I started running more seriously and seriously fell in love. I became a vegetarian.
2. Last meal…unfortunately it was bites of veggie taco dip after a night of drinking! LOL

Susan January 1, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Still in awe of you walking backwards on the stepmill. I can’t even drink from my water bottle on that thing without losing my balance…

I like the term “holiday garbage weight.” I’m definitely sporting some right now. I blame sugar cookies and meat pie. It happens.

Also, that’s so fun you took a trip to Mexico with your company! Did they pay? :P

1. Graduating university and quitting my job were my two big moments for me. Doing a triathlon was pretty dang awesome too though ;)

2. I never considered it when I was eating it, but my last meal of 2009 was blueberry protein pancakes! Breakfast for dinner, no better way to end it ;)

Tina January 1, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Happy New Year, Janetha!!!

Thank you so much for your card! I blogged about it! :D

It’s been wonderful knowing you and I hope that this year will bring us even more friendship-time in the blogosphere.

Your year looks like it’s been packed with fun and life and all kinds of yummy goodness!!

Can’t wait to read your posts next year, I’ll be looking forward to them.

Love you!!! And thanks again for the card! I really did do a happy dance when I got it!

xxx
Tina

Lynn at The Actors Diet January 1, 2010 at 3:25 pm

happy new year, darling janetha! what a wonderful 2009 you had.

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) January 1, 2010 at 5:53 pm

Wow, call me crazy but your “before” photo looks like an “after” photo to me!!! Cripes!

Glad you liked your new doc- worth the wait, yes?

Fun flashback- good year you had. And you deserve all of it and way more.

So glad that I met you this year as well as some other fabo bloggies.

Memorable: starting a blog, losing my mom & Charlotte, Getting another great year with Samantha and Dad (both who are sick), struggling with finding balance…memorable: ditching the blender on vacay and calorie counting.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Bekah January 1, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Sooo glad that I introduced myself to you via the b’sphere this year (or month! haha) Janetha. Love ya lots.

You had a fab fun year, and 2010 I’m sure will have tons in store for you. Cannot wait to hear about your trip to Jamaica.
:) XOXO

Jenn N. January 1, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Happy New Year Janetha!!

My last meal of 2009 was nachos!!!!! I love me some nachos!!!

BroccoliHut January 1, 2010 at 11:22 pm

Love that TJ’s salad dressing!
My last meal of the year was tofu sticks with BBQ and a SP with walnuts. YUMMAGE.
Happy New Year!!

Lauren January 2, 2010 at 10:49 pm

I recently found your blog and you have inspired me to really kick up my workouts. Wow, your “before” picture is amazing! Good work, girl, even if that is after a few extra pounds! :)

lowandbhold January 6, 2010 at 8:49 am

Yay love this post and love the new look of the blog!

I’m about to catch up on alllll your posts :)