nhdwqkjbfcdnbkjsca.

by Janetha on November 21, 2009

in meals,moves

ugh. SO. just had a big scare! i had a whole post typed up.. just had to insert my photos~ and i get some black screen on my laptop saying there is some sort of error and something or other is corrupt.

eek.

i was sure all my files and photos were long gone. history.  i spent an hour recovering my system…

we all crossed our fingers (and paws) that everything would be safe and sound.

well.. lucky for me, it was! now i am going to go grab my portable hard drive and do some surrrious backing up!

the bad news? well, i lost my whole post.. grumble. it was so long!

i am afraid to say.. you are going to get the shortened version via a list. sorry charlies, i just don’t have it in me tonight.

1. thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all the incredible comments, insight and wise words left on my last post. that is why i love blogging so much.. the feedback i get from all of you really impresses me and i feel so fortunate to be acquainted with all of you smart ladies! so yes, thanks much. xo

2. yesterday i mentioned that i got a new gadget! here it is:

meet “the baby computer” (as my mom and i call them) aka a netbook. this will make blogging away from home so much easier.. and if my laptop ever DOES bite the dust (as i was afraid it might tonight).. i have backup now ;)

3. yesterday’s workout was rad. 12 minutes on the treadmill @ 15% incline at 4 MPH, 20 minutes HIIT on the treadmill ranging from 6.0 to 7.5 MPH and maxing out at 9 MPH on the final minute. 22 minutes on the bike while reading my new mags: oxygen and real simple. hooray for them FINALLY finding their way to my new address!

4. yesterday’s dinner was whole foods salad bar with a little added protein from the seafood counter~6 ounces of shrimp.. doused in TJ’s sesame ginger dressing of amazingness.

IMG_7965IMG_7972IMG_7975

5. today has been an incredibly productive day! i got all but one box unpacked in my room! yesss. confession: i still have 5 or 6 boxes in the garage to unpack, but hey.. out of sight, out of mind, right? right. ;)

6. i had not one but two almond milk lattes today. in a snowman mug. and there is no snow outside. i’m sad about that.

IMG_7982 IMG_7980

7. i had a fanfreakingtastic workout today! i did some research online and with some tips from susan’s blog and the oxygen website and a few ideas of my own, i put together a fun total body workout. here is how it went down:

i completed each exercise block 3 times through and then moved onto the next. in bold, after the move, i am going to list the main muscles the move worked.. of course, there were other muscles working (such as glutes during a step up) but i am just going to list the targeted muscles.

5 minutes/0.5 mile warm up on treadmill

block A:

block B:

block C:

block D:

10 minutes on stairmill

this workout took an hour including the warmup and stairmill. it was so awesome! i am going to do the same routine next saturday but try to up some of the weights to make it more challenging.  i loved combining the muscle groups during my workout. it was lots of fun :D it was a little rough as i have DOMS in my hamstrings (from last tuesday!) and my chest/triceps.

8. i made a yummy dinner tonight using some of my foodbuzz fest swag!!

IMG_7987 IMG_7985

i used some whole wheat linguine, 93% lean ground turkey, basil & oregano diced tomatoes & sliced mushrooms and tossed it all with the pesto.  served the pasta alongside some steamed broccoli with a side of bad lighting..

9. instead of doing anything exciting.. i spent the evening recovering my computer. bah. so happy it worked!

10. deb posted a really fantastic flashback friday post and you all need to go read it. now. please and thanks :)

11. tay also posted a fun disney flashback friday post, check it out!

12. i need to tell you guys about a little somethanggg called operation chocolate-covered kindness

katie is raising money through page view compensation to donate to charity!  i have copied and pasted this from her post~

What can you do to help?

• Spread the word!  If you have a blog, please help me (Katie) get the word out by blogging about, or even just mentioning, the “Operation Chocolate-Covered Kindness” page view charity drive on your blog.  (Feel free to use the logo as well.)
  • During the month, click on as many pages/links on my blog as you can.  Each post you click on, and each link you follow, earns more money for the charity drive.  Or, when you see my (Katie’s) posts in Google Reader, simply click on the posts instead of reading them in Google Reader format (which doesn’t translate to any page views).

so please spread the word and click for some chocolate-covered fundraising love!

13. the incredible and beautiful quinn posted a RAD tidbit the other day.. there is actually a recipe analyzer that you can simply type the ingredients of a recipe into a post and it will quickly calculate the recipe stats and display a nutrition label AND give the recipe a letter grade! check quinn’s post out here and you can find the recipe analyzer here. thanks quinn!

14. my family is having thanksgiving dinner tomorrow!my sister and brother have off years as far as being at my parents’ house goes.. so we are celebrating early so we can all be together :) i am attempting six different recipes! including angharad’s savory mushroom bread pudding and a sweet potato & goat cheese galette. mmmm. can’t wait!

okay. soo.. that is the shortened version (can you even imagine what the original one was like?!) i hope you are all enjoying your weekend! i know i still have emails and blog posts to get to.. but for now, i have HAD IT with laptop land :P see you tomorrow!!

1. where will you be spending thanksgiving this year? and with who? my fam is celebrating tomorrow but on actual thanksgiving i will be at my mom’s for round two turkey dinner! it will just be my mom, dad, grandma, marshall & me.

2. do you back up your files? what is your method? and how often? tonight’s debacle was a wake up call.. i need to back up my photos riiiight now! i have a portable hard drive that i use.

sorry this was not very entertaining! i was a little discouraged after losing post #1.. better luck next time ;)

xo. janetha b.

coco November 22, 2009 at 4:42 am

oh… sweetie, sorry to know that you lost your whole post, but this one is still great!!! And yes, please back up your files! that’s sooooo important. I have a hard disk where I store all my important files and I update it once every week! I can’t imagine loosing all my research files.
thanksgiving probably will be another normal day here for me, meaning work! I hope you enjoy a great dinner with your whole family tomorrow! and take pics of all six dishes! :D

Susan November 22, 2009 at 5:34 am

TWO stellar workouts JB!! I’m especially a fan of the bridge chest press, must try that :)

Chris has a baby computer and it’s awesome. But he also looks like a fool when he’s on it because he’s this big man with a teeny tiny computer.

1. I spent Thanksgiving (in October! yay Canada!) at Chris’ parents place because his mom makes the best gravy and pie crust. Perhaps I’ll celebrate again just for my American friends though ;)

2. I back my files up on DVD discs because they’re huge and it only requires 3 or 4 to do my whole computer. I reeeeeally need to do it again though. I need desperately need to reformat my harddrive, my computer has been lagging lately.

Marisa (Trim The Fat) November 22, 2009 at 5:57 am

Those were some rockin workouts!

Sorry about your computer issues – I hate when that happens!

Thank you (and Quinn) for that awesome link to the recipe analyzer! That will make my life so much easier!!! I already tried it out – so cool!!!

Chocolate-Covered Katie November 22, 2009 at 6:14 am

Oh my GOSH, Janetha, I was so surprised/excited/happy when I saw my google reader today! I read your blog all the time and love it, but I didn’t even know you knew about mine! It means so much to me that you mentioned the charity drive on your blog; I can’t tell you how grateful I am that you took the time out of your obviously-busy life to help others. You are so awesome, girl :).

Ugh, and I’m so sorry that you lost your whole post! Losing something you worked hard on is the worst feeling in the world! I’ve been meaning to back up my computer files forever, so you gave me a wake-up call too!

Emily (The Experimentarian) November 22, 2009 at 6:25 am

Hey girlie-cue! i missss you too! Is that salad from WF up here or WF in Sugarhouse–cuz in my opinion, the one here is not all that fantastic. Sugarhouse rules the school. I can meet up Wednesday for lunch, but that is my only “free” time this week. Let me know what you think.

We are spending Thanksgiving with D’s fam this year which will be good and bad. Fun, but I will miss my fam. You’d think after three years of being married, I would be over splitting the holidays, but I’m still a big baby and cry cuz I miss my mommy!

P.S. you need to check out my post from yesterday–I finally did some HIIT!!!! Yippeee!! xoxo

Laura November 22, 2009 at 7:02 am

hey there! i love the food you make. so creative. how did you learn to cook – did your mom teach you over the years or was is something you did on your own?

as for me…thanksgiving is spent with our family friends, we’ve done tgiving and xmas together for about 15 years. they’re a small fam and we’re a small fam, so with our powers combined….

i sort of back up my files. i have an external hard drive but i never update it as much as i should. i haven’t done it in months. and i have a lot of pictures and music that need to go on there! eeps.

Andrea@WellnessNotes November 22, 2009 at 7:11 am

I’m not very good about backing up my files. But I’ll do it now! So sorry you lost a post and had to spend the evening recovering your laptop, but I’m glad you were able to recover it!

I love your baby computer. I have been eyeing one…

We’ll have Thanksgiving at our house with hubby’s parents. Have a great early Thanksgiving today!

ellie November 22, 2009 at 7:21 am

LOVE pesto!

I use that recipe analyser all the time- it’s great :D

1. where will you be spending thanksgiving this year? and with who? by myself…it’s not a holiday here (boo) but I think my mom is going to do a dinner next weekend, though probably vegetarian since she didn’t order Kosher turkey in time.

2. do you back up your files? what is your method? and how often?
Never, and I should. I almost lost everything when my laptop exploded a few years ago but thankfully the compter shop were able to salvage a lot of what was on my harddrive even though the computer was beyond repair.

Katie November 22, 2009 at 7:26 am

Awesome workouts!

1. My WHOLE family and I are going to New Mexico and staying at this incredible lodge that has an industrial kitchen where we will be making the feast. I can’t frekin’ wait.

2. I don’t back up my files, but after reading this…maybe I should?!

Mary :: A Merry Life November 22, 2009 at 8:08 am

I hate losing a post! Grrrr! It’s the most frustrating thing.

I love your little baby laptop. I’m thinking about getting one myself. Dragging my macbook pro everywhere gets old.

1. where will you be spending thanksgiving this year? and with who? this year I’m away from home. I’ll still be in Vermont and I’m not quite sure yet who I’m eating/hanging with.

2. do you back up your files? what is your method? and how often? I have my blog files backed up weekly, but I really need to get a way to back up my photos and videos. I want an external harddrive, I just haven’t got around to buying one yet.

april November 22, 2009 at 8:26 am

Ugh I hate computer problems! I usually want to kill the computer screen. lol.

Your workout sounds awesome! I should try the whole compound exercise thing.. I hear it’s maximum calorie burn!

Holly (The Healthy Everythingtarian) November 22, 2009 at 8:26 am

that is the worst feeling. computer problems make me sad and angry like no other. i am glad everything worked out my love! i loved this post – so many good things happening from salad bars to almond milk lattes to fan freaking tastic workouts…sounds like a good weekend had by all :)

ENJOY YOUR FAMILY THANKSGIVING! love you girl!

Emily November 22, 2009 at 8:30 am

love the workouts! that second one sounds way fun.

1. hub and I will be spending Thanksgiving with a U-Haul this year. right on. moving rocks, doesn’t it? I cooked the whole (vegan) meal last year, and it came out so well; I was looking forward to doing it again this year!

2. um. I have an external hard drive somewhere. and I married a computer genius/massage therapist. I defer to him for all things technical. and a neck rub.

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) November 22, 2009 at 8:52 am

Hey Janetha! First of all thank you sooo much for linking my Flashback Friday post- it was a toughie and I hesitated when I hit “publish” but I’m glad I posted it in the end. Thank you thank you for the sweet comment- soooo sweet and kind. You’re the best seriously.

Love compound moves- the lunge with oblique twist is called a Dead Man Walking- so I was told as I lunged and twisted my way past some trainer at the gym once :-)

I don’t consider a weight session successful UNLESS I have DOMS!

TG will be at Aunt Rhoda’s- potluck. And I might be getting a netbook- do you like it? We back up on to a little thingy! I’m not that savvy!

Finally I am really sorry about Marshall’s MOm having MS. I’ll email you about that later.

<3 <3 <3 to you!

RunToFinish November 22, 2009 at 9:32 am

love the made up workouts, sometimes those are my best days!! yeah for blogging about katie and her good deeds.

the recipe analyzer has been my fav tool for a long time!! helped me make over a number of recipes

elise November 22, 2009 at 9:39 am

awwwwwwwwwww, crossed paws!!

sorry about the computer. thank goodness you didnt lose your files. i had a crash last year and im still realizing all the sh!t i lost. still gotta get on the external hard drive.

i wanna do a flashback friday post. they are so fun to read. ok, creative juices, start brewing…

Angharad November 22, 2009 at 10:54 am

Yay! So happy you’re trying out that bread pudding – hope it turns out super! Thanks for the link love :)

Sorry about your ‘pooter snaffoos. I don’t back up my files….errr.

Yay for a wicked workout and some delicious food!

I’ll be spending Thanksgiving with my American family aka Dan and his mom, aunt, and brother. Happy!

jenngirl November 22, 2009 at 10:57 am

Love your method of having that baby computer! I want one ;)

1. spending thanksgiving in Arkansas with my mom’s side of the family…i’m pretty excited about it, it’s the side with all the toddlers! :)

2. I def don’t back up my files, but you definitely have me thinking I should figure out how to do it!

Carbzilla November 22, 2009 at 11:24 am

Glad you got everything back! Now you know how I felt when I did lose my entire hard drive last week! I was telling everyone BACK UP NOW! It sucked. I’m still remembering things I lost (last night I remembered all my IPhotos were lost even though I hardly kept anything in there). Thank goodness for more web-based repositories like Flikr (which I don’t use, but might start).

Love your Netbook – Chris was just trying to explain them to me yesterday.

Your dinner looks serious nums!

We’re spending T-day at home – making seafood and having a yummy dessert from Costco. We have so much to do around the house, it’s insane. We’ll catch up with family by Skype – sometimes that’s just the best way.

(Crossed dogs paws – A-dorable!)

Sweet Cheeks November 22, 2009 at 11:51 am

Sorry about your computer troubles…isn’t it the WORST when all your hard work on a good post in a the blink of an eye! Boo!

BUT, I still liked the shortened version, so it’s all good here!

Meredith November 22, 2009 at 12:32 pm

Glad your computer problem wasn’t as bad as thought! Your dog’s crossed paws definitely made a difference, I am sure :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) November 22, 2009 at 2:53 pm

Grrrrlllll.
I am sooooo sorry bout the post being munched. Seriously, the 2 times I used publishing software to make the job “easier” it made it harder…one got munched and one had a million flickr steps. It pretty much sucked and a normal 1 hr to post turned into about 3. Never. Again.

So sorry bout the random computer devil that took hold of your ‘puter.

And you know what your post was still flipping huge and awesome, i bet you felt “great” doing it twice. Sigh. Bout as good as I felt getting locked out of my yoga studio by 2 mins yesterday. SCREAM fest. I hear ya girl.

xoxo

Lauren November 22, 2009 at 3:24 pm

Worst feeling in the world is loosing work on your computer. Glad it wasnt’t totally lost and how awesome that you got a new little toy!!

Wow, that workout sounds freakin fabulous! I am going to copy it and try it myself this week. Do you mind? ;)

Oh, Thanksgiving is here, isn’t it?!?! LoL. We go to my sister’s house but she doesn’t actually cook. She just likes to have it and everyone brings the food. It works.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend sweet heart.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) November 22, 2009 at 5:02 pm

hey gal!

awesome workout…I really like the split you have there and the fact that everything takes an hour, that shows you packed the workout in there so well! I know people who put together these crazy workouts and are in the gym for HOURS, with no progress. well done :)

yay for new mags, they always make me so happy when they appear on my doorstep too :)

I will be spending thanksgiving with my immediete fam and another one of our close family friends….we are heading down to cape cod so it will be quiet and so lovely :)

Sarah W. November 22, 2009 at 7:12 pm

blue screen of DEATH!!!!!!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.

I had a scare in April. We managed to back up my laptop to my husbands computer/harddrive and wiped my laptop clean. Its back in working order. I do not regularly backup my laptop so its sort of scary. but I’m hoping my dad gets me an external harddrive which will be great for backing up my photos to!!!!

Michal November 22, 2009 at 7:46 pm

Im glad you didnt lose all of your files that would serisouly be sucky. I have no idea how to do back up files or anything, allthough i think it would be a good idea if I learned.

Im having thanksgiving dinner with the family at my grandmas house on thursday.

Have a fun dinner :)

inmytummy November 22, 2009 at 8:02 pm

So frustrating! I need to get an external hard drive. I’ve been pricing them. I have a ton of pictures and songs on a computer (not the one that I use) that’s like 7 years old. I’m sure it’s going to die a painful death soon.

I’ve never thought of adding shrimp to WF salad. Great idea.

burpexcuzme November 22, 2009 at 10:35 pm

Oh no!! That is my worst nightmare…to lose a whole post, because mine is always pretty long, like yours…
Do you use Windows Live Writer? I always save after I write a few paragraphs.

Not doing much for Thanksgiving…parents across the country, and friends leaving to their own families! :-(

kbwood November 22, 2009 at 11:38 pm

GIRL that salad and dinner look AWESOME! i love your workouts.. i think ive told you that before

for thanksgiving..going to my grandparents..eating my weight in mac and cheese

Lara (Thinspired) November 23, 2009 at 5:03 am

Oooh..pretty, shiny new laptop…nice!
Shrimpies on the WF loot look so good. I think you and I would be good WF-hotbar buddies!
1. I am going to TRY to do a mini-Thanksgiving on Thursday but also try to incorporate the foods we already have…so it could be very random this year!
2. I think the hubs has stuff backed up, but I have no idea about his methods. I should probably become more edumacated on that! ;)

Jessie November 23, 2009 at 7:18 am

I have been thinking about getting an external hard drive, but han’t gotten around to it. Maybe I can find one this week at one of the holiday sales.

Ally November 23, 2009 at 7:39 am

did you get the blue screen of death?! I HATE THAT! good thing you have mini back up :) so sorry to hear of your laptop troubles!! not fun!!

this sounds so weird, but since no one in my family wanted to cook thanksgiving dinner (we used to alternate, my mom one year, my mom the next..then they got sick of it) so now, our new tradition is going to this restaurant called “Pirates Cove.” It’s on the water, near Annapolis, MD, and they have Thanksgiving buffet style. All the good fix-ins and it’s surprisingly REALLY fun. Very festive, good ambiance, the water view is aweeeeesome! and you can walk out on the dock after stuffing yourself silly! :)

enjoy your early thanksgiving feast!!

Paige @ Running Around Normal November 23, 2009 at 8:38 am

Phew! Glad all you lost was your post! That could have been bad. That laptop is so cute! Blogging away from home is so great:)
1. We had Thanksgiving dinner at my aunt’s this Saturday, but we’ll be having another at my mom’s on Thursday.
2. I don’t, but I should!!

lowandbhold November 23, 2009 at 10:32 am

Sorry for the scare! I would have had a heart attack.

1. I’m going up to Northwest Oklahoma to hang out with the fam.

2. Nope I don’t back up. I should because I have an external hard drive. But I don’t.

Have a good Monday Janetha!

hayleycepeda November 23, 2009 at 12:26 pm

Sorry I’ve gotten SOO behind on reading your blog! I’m doing my best to be more consistent about reading…might as well since I’m not really posting on my own. :)

I am SO sorry you had to go through that computer crash – I’m petrified that’s going to happen with me only I won’t be able to recover my stuff. I backed up some stuff not too long ago but now I seriously need to do it again. All of my pics, music and important documents are on my laptop…it’s like my lifeline! Sad, right? :)

The workout you did is EXACTLY how I structure my clients’ workouts and how I also do my own. I really don’t do many weights anymore…just once or twice a week…but I love the idea of doing a “circuit” in groups of 3s. With my clients I do full-body workouts because they only see me once or twice a week and don’t do weights on their own. I’m excited because it’s good to see that structure is used by other people!

Kristin (Kristin's Nibbles) November 23, 2009 at 1:44 pm

I am terrible at backing files up! I need to, I know.

And I am spending Thanksgiving in Canada!!
But no more details… you almost got me there! ;)

xo
K

lisaou11 November 23, 2009 at 2:21 pm

nice workout..and cute puppy :)

1. I’m spending my Thanksgiving with my boyfriends family.
2. Errr….I dont back up too many files. Not a good idea.

Sarah November 23, 2009 at 3:38 pm

janetha. i cannot believe that was a shortened version! you poor thing you!!! i am totally going to try doing compound exercises tonight/tomorrow btw. thanks for the inspiration.

1. where will you be spending thanksgiving this year? and with who? i will be with my fam at home. i leave wed. i cannot WAIT!

2. do you back up your files? what is your method? and how often? uhmm. no i dont. i probably should though. *knock on wood*

Lynn @ The Actors Diet November 23, 2009 at 3:50 pm

i back up my files on an external hard drive….

i’ll be going to boston to my hubby’s family for t’giving this year. am really looking forward to it!

Hallie November 24, 2009 at 10:36 am

Hey so regarding your comment on my blog, the Costco salmon burgers have 170 cals, 9g fat (1g sat), 20g pro (love!) and 330 mg sodium and a whole boatload of Omega 3s. Worth a try for sure.