not feeling it.

by Janetha on September 7, 2009

in meals,moves

hey dudettes.. it has been a long day. looonnng day.

i am really not feeling like posting tonight, i even clicked the “mark all items as read” on my reader so don’t be offended that i am not commenting on your lovely writings.  i wasn’t on the computer all day and when i saw it was up to 187 i decided the anxiety wasn’t worth it… yes, i get anxious over weird things, i am a weird girl.

i am throwing up today’s meals & moves, however, because i find it important to my body for life challenge to stay accountable and document everything.. and i hate posting more than one day at a time.

sorry for the “meh”-ness of this post, i will be back tomorrow in full force :)

meals_thumb

meal 1: peach cobbler protein oats & coffee in the J mug

meals 377 meals 388

meal 2: 3 egg whites + 1 whole egg scrambled & 1 sandwich thin, toasted.. and an apple on the way to the gym

meals 394

meals 395

i dug the sandwich thin, for the record.

moves_thumb

lower body workout

• 5 minutes on bike to warm up
  • bulgarian split squats (12, 10, 8, 6, 12 rep pattern) alternating with abs: 20#, 24#, 30#, 35#, 20#
  • ball-against-wall squats w/ 20#, 12 reps & 12 second hold
  • single leg dead lifts (12, 10, 8, 6, 12 rep pattern) alternating with abs: 10#, 16#, 20#, 24#, 10#
  • stability ball hamstring curls: 20 reps
  • laying weighted calf raises on leg press (12, 10, 8, 6, 12 rep pattern) alternating with abs: 120#, 140#, 160#, 180#, 120#
  • single leg calf raises on leg press: 12 each leg @ 80#

the ab sequence i did between sets was the same each time, so i did this sequence a total of 3 times through:

• 40 (20 each side) oblique crunches on ball
  • 10 stability ball head-to-toe passes
  • 20 v-sits with 10# weight
  • 20 ball blank with leg tucks

thennn i did 3 sets of 20 hip raises with my feet on the bench, a 10# plate on my hips.. alternating with 1 minute planks

this took 48 minutes, i burned around 225 calories and my HR monitor was super jacked up because it said my max HR was 215! um, totally doubt that.

meals_thumb

meal 3: muscle milk light while running around town

meals 409

it was a pretty sunset tonight, you can kind of tell from the reflection in my glasses.

meal 4: garbanzos+cottage cheese+ranch seasoning

meals 417

always delicious.

i also managed to get my gallon of water in.

sorry for the copout post! i was just going to skip posting all together but that would leave me with too much to post tomorrow, i am sure you understand.

tomorrow should be a better day because:

• i get my hair done at 10 AM
  • going to a show tomorrow night~the band is called “fun.
  • only a 4 day work week :D
  • it is national date nut bread day.. i don’t see why that wouldn’t be exciting, right? actually i have never had date nut bread…

Q

1. what is your favorite kind of bread?

xo. janetha b.

burpexcuzme September 7, 2009 at 11:02 pm

Ah, Janetha…are you okay? If you ever need to talk, just shoot me an email. I’m always a blog or an email away.
But it’s a good thing to just take a break once in awhile. I hope you enjoy it!

oh, and my fav bread is a real, crusty, whole-grain baguette.

Oh, and *HUGS!* Love ya!

WholeBodyLove September 7, 2009 at 11:16 pm

I love Ezekiel. But, if I’m out, I like sour dough and rye…the sour dough is like a guilty pleasure…yum!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) September 8, 2009 at 12:06 am

enjoy your little “blog break”!

insideiamdancing September 8, 2009 at 1:14 am

do what you need to do, Janetha… Reader stresses me out too. Not needed after a long day- hope you had a relaxing night!

Favourite bread- date nut sounds pretty awesome! I had a cranberry and pumpkin seed bread once which rocked :)

devan newman September 8, 2009 at 1:20 am

hope you are feeling spry again soon !! xo

i like eizkel cinnonmon raisin.

Tay September 8, 2009 at 1:30 am

Aww girl, I’m sorry you’ve had such a long day. Hope tomorrow treats you better!!

My fave bread ever is Alpine Valley bread. I’ve only tried the multigrain flax kind they sell at my Costco but it is AMAZING.

Lara (Thinspired) September 8, 2009 at 2:24 am

I totally understand reader-induced anxiety. Don’t let it stress you out, lady.
Getting hair done days are always good days :)

balancejoyanddelicias September 8, 2009 at 4:57 am

Having a long day isn’t helpful to posting.. I can totally understand that. and more than 100 on google reader? I’d probably mark all as read too! :)

My favorite bread? hahahah…. you know I love any kind of fresh baked bread, especially it’s about WW french baguette.

have a nice short week! :)

Lauren September 8, 2009 at 5:18 am

Date and nut bread sounds like a wonderful thing. I can’t wait to hear how it turns out for you.

My favorite right now is a Peach Bread that I buy at the store. But now that fall is near, I start to crave Gingerbread.

Hope you have a great day!

Kristin (Kristin's Nibbles) September 8, 2009 at 6:23 am

Sorry you had a rough day! But your meals still look clean, thats good!
I have not had date nut bread either… banana bread is my fave!!

xo
K

Haleigh September 8, 2009 at 6:31 am

Peach cobbler proten oats sound amazing! My favorite bread is dakota bread from great harvest bakery. Bread from an actual bakery tastes SO much better than store bought bread and just as nutritious.

Meredith September 8, 2009 at 7:01 am

My favorite kind of bread is any kind that is freshly baked! I have a vegan whole wheat challah recipe I really want to try out.

Susan September 8, 2009 at 7:22 am

Awww, sorry to hear you had a long day :( Hope you’re doing okay! If it makes you feel any better, you look like tough sh*t drinking that muscle milk. I would not want to meet you in a dark alley :P

Fave bread is my old roomie’s homemade zucchini bread. I killed a loaf in two days once.

Have fun gettin’ yer hair did and at the concert! :D

Emily (Healthy Fit Mama) September 8, 2009 at 7:59 am

Banana bread is definitely my favorite, though I rarely ever eat it.

Hope you perk up soon!

Holly September 8, 2009 at 8:02 am

how bout that for a perk up? or perhaps this…

if neither of these do the trick, let me know. i was in the same funk a week or two ago – no fun, but it happens to all of us. let me know if you need me to scour the net for more videos – i have the office to myself all week a.k.a. minimal work will be done, mu ha ha!

loveeeeee youuuuu janneeeettthhhaaa! whoooot whoooot for tuesday…did you make your breakfast this morning while listening to whistletips? just wonderin…

eatolive September 8, 2009 at 9:02 am

i loveeee any kind of grainy bred. whole grain, 9 grain, 12 grain. The grainer & nuttier, the better :)

we all have those days where we just don’t feel like it. the next day is always a new and better one :)

hope you enjoyed your labor day weekend!

Lindsay @ bananaandchocolate September 8, 2009 at 9:47 am

I love most bread. I think zucchini or banana are my favorites. Have fun getting your hair done!

Angharad (Eating for England) September 8, 2009 at 10:10 am

Poop. Sorry you are feeling unlike your usual Janetha B-awesome self. Sometimes you just aren’t feeling it. Those days I do not blog so kudos to you for keeping on track with your one-a-day body for life posting. You are inspiring. For ceREAL!

Peaches are my friend after the way I ate them yesterday. Amazing fruit of the gods.

Quitting google reader was the smartest thing I ever did. FYI. I also get anxious over dumb stuff like that!!

Love you…feel better. Four day work week is RIGHT! Love that shiz.

Fave bread? Ohhh god that is hard. Right now I would say just English wholewheat bread – so different to bread here due to less sweetness x 1000. But that is kinda boring so I suppose a warm, fresh, crunchy-on-the-outside-soft-on-the-inside french baguette wins. With butter and cheese. xx

lowandbhold September 8, 2009 at 10:13 am

Sorry for the long day :( Hope today is better!

I like any kind of bread. Never had date bread either though.

ksgoodeats September 8, 2009 at 10:44 am

There have been many times that I’ve hit ‘mark all as read,’ no worries!!

Glad you liked the sandwich thin! Hope you’re having a much better day today :)

I can’t pick just one bread – English muffins, wheat bread, baguettes, bagels…I’m an equal opportunity carb eater!

Tiffany S. September 8, 2009 at 11:31 am

Even on a “meh” day, your workouts are inspiring! Hope you feel more yourself after tomorrow!

Deb September 8, 2009 at 12:31 pm

Orowheat winter wheat and ezek. cinnamon Yum.

I hear you on the “meh” as I’m there too.

Deb September 8, 2009 at 12:33 pm

PS If I had 187 in my googlereader I wouldn’t have the chance to press delete, I’d just keel over and go into a coma!

allijag September 8, 2009 at 1:54 pm

the SAME THING stresses me out! No worries! :) Enjoy – relax! :)

Tina September 8, 2009 at 2:30 pm

Guilty of the same thing… google reader is handy but creepy at times.

Sometimes we have meh-days… and this is yours and you’re allowed to have it too!

Love you!

brandi September 8, 2009 at 3:05 pm

i hope today has been better! it’s always a good day when you get your hair done :)

favorite bread…i love a good whole grain bread, SF sourdough, focaccia…

katecooks September 8, 2009 at 3:15 pm

oy, i’ve definitely been freaked by reader many times, you arent alone there! blogging breaks are definitely needed (and deserved!!).

favorite bread of all time would have to be homemade ukrainian easter bread, paska. favorite bread that other people actually know about? hmm probably a crusty french baguette or maybe some doughy pumpernickle. ohh! baguette with rosemary and sea salt! MMM i love bread.

Andrea@WellnessNotes September 8, 2009 at 3:58 pm

I think sometimes we need a little blogging break; it’s healthy… :)

My favorite bread: whole wheat walnut baguette. Soooooooo good! :)

hayleycepeda September 8, 2009 at 5:01 pm

I get anxious about exactly the same thing – too many blogs to read and/or when I go on vacation I freak out about the mass of emails that pile up if I’m unable to check. It’s ok to get in a funk every now and then…I hope you feel better soon!

LOVE the reflection of the sunset in your glasses! SO COOL!

Coco September 8, 2009 at 5:04 pm

Your protein oats look marvelous dahling! I should try changing up my protein oat toppings. What kind of oats do you use?
I’m psyched to see your new hairdo tomorrow! I desperately need to get mine done.
Have a great time at the concert too!!!!!

Paige @ Running Around Normal September 8, 2009 at 6:41 pm

Loving the muscle milk pic!

I’m loving Dakota Bread right now from Great Harvest Bread. Chewy, seedy, nutty, deliciousness!

Becky September 8, 2009 at 7:30 pm

Hey, at least you posted! Sometimes you just need a break, you can’t be “on” all the time. I haven’t put a post up in probs almost a week b/c I’m lazy and haven’t felt like it. Have fun at your concert :)

Great Harvest Bread-Spinach feta…soooo gooood

Alison September 8, 2009 at 7:39 pm

I’m so glad I’m not the only one that takes advantage of that button from time to time. We all know what it’s like! What is it about this time of year?? I’m feeling the same stuff here, take it easy!

Oh, and I’m all about Ezekiel bread these days, but I love me a good WHITE seeded roll for a veggie sub!

Allison (Eat Clean Live Green) September 8, 2009 at 7:40 pm

Wowza! 187 – I’d mark all as read too :)

Take some time to relax tonight!

Katharina September 8, 2009 at 9:12 pm

DATE NUT BREAD?! I gotta celebrate..now I just need to find a slice :D

1. Favorite bread… hmm fresh bread rolls from this one bakery in my hometown in Germany that I can’t remember. Their Vollkorn rolls are so good and I miss them.

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) September 8, 2009 at 9:38 pm

So jealous of your ‘J’ mug!!! I’ve wanted an ‘A’ one for suuuch a long time.

I hope tomorrow is a good one for ya!

Hahahaha glad you enjoyed the post–at least I know 1 person read all of my mindless rambling :)

broccolihut September 8, 2009 at 10:05 pm

Fave bread these days is Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin. Wish it didn’t cost me the head of my first-born child though.
Get some rest, chica!

homegirlcaneat September 8, 2009 at 11:19 pm

Dude, taking days off and marking all as read is TOTALLY OKAY. I do it too much because once the reader starts jumping numbers..I freak too!!! You are forgiven from here on out :)

Fav bread? BANANA BREAD or PUMPKIN!!! Or a really, really, really good doughy wheat roll :D Or brioche.

julie September 9, 2009 at 8:00 am

hope you’re feeling better today girl :)

fav bread? TJs whole wheat english muffins!!

Jenny September 9, 2009 at 11:31 am

I have totes played the “accidental” mark all as read game.. sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

hope you’re feeling better today mama <3 love!

luckytastebuds September 9, 2009 at 2:47 pm

oh man, I totally get an anxiety attack when my google reader reads anything above a 70? 80? something like that! So i don’t think you’re weird!!

My fave bread…unhealthy? Banana bread…and healthy….english muffins? or HOT soft raisin walnut rolls. hmmm does chinese sponge cake count as a bread??

Katie January 6, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I know this post is majah old, but I just bought some Muscle Milks in Vanille Creme. I drank one a second ago, and it was VILE! The date was fine, I thought it would taste good. It tasted WAYYY too sweet and just plain nasty. I’ve heard that they changed their formula. Is this true, do you know? Or, is the chocolate just better? I was going to buy it instead. Rats. :(

janetha January 6, 2011 at 9:41 pm

i have a huge bag and when it is gone, i dont know what i am going to do! i havent found another powder that doesnt get all curdley.