take me out to the ball game.

by Janetha on August 26, 2009

in meals,moves

typical title for one who goes to a baseball game,  i am so generic sometimes. so sue me. :)

it was fun reading about all of the jobs you started out with.  i guess i should have also asked what your job is now to compare the two, that woulda been interesting.  feel free to share that with me too!

this post is going to be all quick like because this girl has to be AT work in 8 hours, which means less than 8 hours of sleep is in the cards.. actually less than 7. eek.

meals_thumb

rewind to the beginning of the day~

meal 1: protein oats @ 9:30 AM

meals 131

kept it simple with 1/3 cup oats, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder and a enough cinnamon to make some girls blush.

meal 2: garbanzos+chicken+cottage cheese+ranch seasoning & green beans @ 1:00 PM

meals 132

i told you, meal 2 every day this week.

meals 134

i am not complaining.

meal 3: “banana split” @ 4:00 PM

well, today’s national holiday is whiskey sour day according to most sources.  one source said today is national banana split day even though my sources celebrated this on august 10th.  but i went with it and celebrated in my own way!

meals 140

chobani+choco protein powder+bran flakes+banana

meals 139

moves_thumb

it was time for HIIT at 5:30 PM

treadmill.  i hadn’t done the HIIT where i increase the speed as i progress in intervals for awhile, so i went with that today.  you will notice in the first set of intervals my speed increases by .5 each minute, then the next by .6, then by .7 and the last set each minute the speed is increased by .8.  this is a nice challenge, try it!

• 1 min @ 3.5
  • 1 min @ 6.0
  • 1 min @ 6.8
  • 1 min @ 7.6
  • 1 min @ 8.4
  • 1 min @ 9.7
  • 1 min @ 2,0

i then proceeded to die.  and then came back to life and hopped onto the stair mill for kicks, i like to pound out a quickie on that bad boy if i have time (TWSS)

as i was starting up on the stairs, a dude comes over to me.. a big dude. but i was up on the stair mill so i was towering over him.  he had a jamaican accent and asked me how fast i was running on the treadmill.  i told him, and then he shakes his head and tells me how fast i am.  haha.  then he told me i was in better shape than anyone in the gym.  usually i hate it when dudes talk to me at the gym, but this was flattering and he was def not creeptastic.

oh but one time, i was chest pressing it up on the smith machine with a girl friend, this guy comes over to me whips out a piece of paper and pen and says, “hi, my name is so and so (forgot). and you (writes 3 numbers on the paper) are (writes a 4 more numbers on the paper) gorgeous (writes his name on the paper)”  and hands me the paper. i look at him, tell him i have a boyf, and he stumbles over his words a bit and then proceeds to tell me that if i ever need a work out partner to let him know.  i tell him thanks, but no thanks. honestly, who carries a paper and pen around in the weight room?!

ok so then i did 10 minutes give or take on the stairs.

stats: 36 min, max HR 181, ave HR 145, calories 274.

meals_thumb

well i had zero time between the gym and the baseball game.  my boss gave me 6 suite tickets (sweet! haha) and there was free food available.  well, i am wise to the baseball stadium’s tricks and planned ahead!

i used my leftover grilled salmon and rolled up a fish taco with some corn salsa, corn and black bean salsa and broccoli slaw~

meals 143

maybe it doesn’t look too rad but hey, waaay better for me than a hot dog! and actually it tasted amazing.

meals 144

i rolled it up in some foil before hitting the road.

we got to the ball game and parked real far from the stadium.  en route to the field i found my dream car… well maybe not my dream car of all time, but i have been looking for a car to actually purchase and this. was. the. one.  i am going to go buy it tomorrow i think! cross those fingers for me.

at the ball game i ate meal 4: fish taco, cucumbers, carrots & snap peas.

meals 145 meals 153 meals 154

and marshall ate nachos and hot dogs and soda :P

meals 157 meals 146 meals 147

i am not a die hard baseball fan, i like it but i could take it or leave it.  if i am going to go to a ball game i guess i would pick basketball? oh no, soccer. really love soccer. and hockey is fun to watch.  but ultimately i would rather watch snowboarding and skateboarding which involve no balls at all!

anywho. our team lost but it was a good time none the less!

meals 149

creeper in the background is a co-worker. don’t mind him.meals 152

so then we gallivanted home and decided to put sleep off a little longer by watching the latest episode of true blood and it was rather strange.

and now i feel like this girl:

meals 164

so i am going to cut ya loose.

promise, more interesting things tomorrow.  i have some thangs i wanted to share from around blog land but i just don’t have the energy to gather the links right now!

Qs~~

1. any creepster gym stories? i know this girl has a few.

2. favorite sport to watch? to play?

love to all and to all a good night, or something like that.

xo, janetha b.

p.s. a year ago today i started my die hard body for life challenge.  i can’t believe it has been a year! more exciting things to come on that later.

Abby August 26, 2009 at 6:15 am

I used to work at a gym, so I have major creepster stories…I won’t go there.

Sports are the one thing that keep me semi-sane! For me, it’s baseball and hockey all the way. Ever since I was little, it’s been baseball, and I’m proud to say that all my male friends and co-workers come to me for the info…not for dates, mind you, but for sports info.

When is it national Vodka gimmlet day? I would like to celebrate properly.

Kristin August 26, 2009 at 6:54 am

I love baseball games, and that fish taco looks like a fab healthy alternative!

Creepy gyn stories…well I always love when guys I went to high school with hit on me now at the gym when they wouldn’t have said a word to me in HS. Their loss. lol

And fave sport to watch is hockey for sure, football too. To play I’m more a running girl, but hockey is always fun too. =)

Hope your work day goes well!

Xo
K

Stacy (Eating To Live Love Laugh Tri) August 26, 2009 at 7:00 am

My great gym creeper story is getting felt up by a nasty guy in the pool on Monday! Eww! His explanantion was that he accidentally ended up in my lane and didn’t see me coming. Ummm… okay, lingering hands tell a very different story! Gross!

jenngirl August 26, 2009 at 7:00 am

Your HIIT kill me!

2. I love watching baseball, love playing tennis, although I haven’t done it in a long time ;)

ksgoodeats August 26, 2009 at 7:57 am

What?! I missed whiskey sour day?! Aw, man!

Corn and black bean salsa! Excellent addition! Gym creepers are so obnoxious – I can’t stand the people (both guys and girls) who go there like it’s a night club and try to pick up other people. Hello, I’m sweating my ass off and you’re trying to hit on me? I don’t think so!

Oh new car?! I want to see what kind it is!

2. Watch: hockey or basketball; Play: what I emailed you about ;)

Graze With Me August 26, 2009 at 8:04 am

Mmm, whiskey sours. I used to drink those once upon a time….

I think that wrap looks amaz btw, salmon and salsa? YUM

I really like Marshall’s body art. How many tats do you have? I only know of one…

1) I work out at home because I’m terrified of the gym. Seriously. TERRIFIED. I don’t like gettin all sweaty in public. And I get harrassed enough at work and walking down the street as it is.

2) Fav sport to watch? HOCKEY! Hubs and I have season tickets to the Colorado Eagles. Baseball is fun too though. Bring on the beer and pretzels!

I don’t play sports….. :) Too clumsy…

Deb (Smoothie Girl Eats Too) August 26, 2009 at 8:13 am

I’m all for Mint Julep day! Must look that one up.

The on-the-go-salmon taco looks amazing and something that I wouldn’t have thought of. You must be a “cooler” girl like I am to bring good eats with you. I have a HUGE collection of cooler bags. Just got a cute leopard print one yesterday :-D. Must. Schlep. Food. But I’m doing so less than before thankfully! :-)

No creepy gym stories. I usually wear my iPod which basically tells people “I’m working out- please don’t make small talk now!”

Have a great day!

carolinebee August 26, 2009 at 8:16 am

Ha i get creeped out EASILY at the gym, but nothing too creepy has ever actually occurred! I had one guy (older, dressed in 80’s workout attire) tell me to “keep up the good work” when I was lifting :D That was cool.

I Loove suites at sports games or concerts- but just for the fatty dessert spread!

Marisa (Trim The Fat) August 26, 2009 at 8:17 am

LOL @ the creeper in the pic!

Great eats AND moves!

Lindsay @ bananaandchocolate August 26, 2009 at 8:33 am

I don’t really have any creepster gym stories. There were lots of really random people at my last gym but other than the lady who wouldn’t let people near the broken treadmills they all stayed to themselves.

I love watching hockey. Baseball is fun too but mostly because the enviornment of being at a game is fun!

peanutbutterprerogative August 26, 2009 at 9:06 am

wow i don’t know if i could get up to 9.7 on the treadmill, so i might have to agree with that dude about you being the fastest! i might have to jump on the interval train soon though because i am getting bored with a capital B with cardio this week. so, thanks for the inspiration!

1. no creepster gym stories, but i do think it’s kinda creepy when dudes wear flip flops to the gym…i mean, really? (sorry to anyone who does or has a bf who does…you don’t count!)

Holly August 26, 2009 at 9:11 am

ahhhhh i have been slacking on sleep lately too and i can tell when i get up in the morning, i am like seriously voodoo’ed out and have no idea what is going on.

work out that work out. unfortunately, i don’t have any creeptastic workout stories. i think the site of me working out is usually so hideous and scary, peeps stay away.

however, i WILL be making that cottage cheese, garbanzo, ranch mixture soon. sounds sooo good! and i need to make fish tacos – every recipe i find requires like a zillion ingredients and i am too lazy.

i love watching all sports…except basketball. for some reason, it just doesn’t do it for me. more than anything, i prefer the theater – give me a good musical any day of the week. geek alert, right here.

much love janetha b – have a wonderful day love!

emily (the experimentarian) August 26, 2009 at 9:15 am

There’s this guy at my gym who wears hanes boxer brief underwear AS HIS GYM SHORTS!! WTF? Every time I see him, I want to write him a memo, like “hello, those are NOT shorts. They’re undies. And they’re inappropriate.” Seriously. He’s kind of older and pretty scrawny and it just makes me gag to see him strutting his stuff all the hell over the gym. I try to avert my eyes :)

I love to watch hockey! I think it’s so exciting when they get in fights. Is that bad?

Therese August 26, 2009 at 9:20 am

Ok so I made cottage cheese, chickpea, and tuna with Ranch seasoning for lunch today. I am really excited to try it!

I really don’t get hit on much at the gym, but I think I give off a b*tch face that says “Don’t talk to me…you’ll be sorry you did.”

Or maybe I just look nasty when I workout…either way I’m cool with my peace and quiet.

insideiamdancing August 26, 2009 at 9:46 am

Ranch seasoning is on the top of my shopping list for when I get to NY. LOVE the tacos! Until I started reading blogs, I’d only ever had crunchy tacos and didn’t realise soft ones existed!

1. any creepster gym stories? not really…though my high school swimming coach saw me in the hallway one day and said, “I didn’t recognise you with your clothes on”. Ummm. Yikes.

2. favorite sport to watch? to play? I love playing tennis and volleyball, and love watching gymnastics :D

Julie August 26, 2009 at 11:01 am

hahahaha gym creeper stories are the story of my life. I was seriously gonna respond with oh my god I have so many until you noted that I have a lot. thank you very much :) haha they make for good gym times?

I love love loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee watching football! and of course playing volleyball :)

I need to know how EXACTLY you make your CC combo. I am very interested in eating that later. haha thank you.

Angharad August 26, 2009 at 11:07 am

Creepsters at the gym = not ok!! That’s so weird and gross that someone gave you their number on paper. Ick-tastic.
Way to go on taking food to the ball game. You are strong, wise and wonderful. Word. And as usual, you and Marshall are ridic cute. I love your hair! (sorry not trying to be a gym-like creepster)…

My favorite sport to watch is soccer (aka football in my head) hands down. I love it. But I also really like basketball. Watching UT play in Austin was my fave. To play? Badminton (girlie) or field hockey. Used to love that shiz!

Becky August 26, 2009 at 12:03 pm

You are so disciplined girl!! To pack your own little meal for the baseball game and not even think of having a greaseball dinner….is so motivating! You are doing awesome sticking to your diet, you will be where you want to be in no time. For me, doing social things with friends always leads to at least 1 alcoholic beverage…not good. I need to just say no! :)
I like going to baseball games but get bored by about the 5th inning. And I love to play volleyball, basketball, tennis-pretty much anything.

balancejoyanddelicias August 26, 2009 at 12:19 pm

hahhaha….. you’re so funny! your reasoning of favorite ball game down to no ball involved game! :D

my favorite sport to watch would be swimming/diving…. no ball involved and really quick resolution! :)

Sarah August 26, 2009 at 12:27 pm

I think that salmon taco was a bang-up idea!
I can’t wait to see the new car! What kind?

1. Not so much a creeper story, but an awkward gym story: I usually go to the fitness center at my college. One day I was at the gym at a really odd, unpopular hour when no one is there. I went to change, turned to go into my locker, and BAM, my Russian professor was in the process of changing (i.e. undressed!) directly in front of my locker. I had to ask her to excuse me as I reached around her and into my locker to get my things. So much for the faculty/staff locker rooms…

2. fave to watch is soccer or hockey, fave to play is field hockey (preferably indoor).

Allison August 26, 2009 at 12:49 pm

Penny Princess! I love her! :)

Looks like a great time – also – I am totally diggin meal #2 combo – you are an evil genius!

Lizzy August 26, 2009 at 1:23 pm

the baseball game looks like a BLAST!!! aww your puppy is soooo cute, im in love! hope your having a great day!

Erica August 26, 2009 at 1:29 pm

Your puppers is seriously so cute! And I am SOOOO excited for the package (as is Mr. Franklin)! What a great compliment to get at the gym! Glad you had fun at the ball game. I always save a splurge for nachos when I know I’m going to a baseball game- they’re toooo delicious. Glad you’re enjoying your lunch- sounds like a pretty tasty combo to me

Lynn (The Actors Diet) August 26, 2009 at 2:19 pm

i’m such an anti-jock (i was a theater and music geek growing up) so there is NO GAME i would volunteer to play. but i do like watching basketball, mostly b/c i like the concession stands and it’s indoors and exciting.

Susan August 26, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Cute pic of you and the boy! Pretty sure Marshall and Chris eat the exact same foods. I tried to sneak spinach into Chris’ omelette the other day and he was not impressed I gave him green stuff for breakfast…

Whiskey is my favourite booze!!! I’ve grown into the rye and waters myself, but whiskey sours used to be my fave! Please don’t give me an excuse to drink right now :P

1. I’ve never been hit on at the gym. But I go to a university gym, where most of the girls just do 30 min on the elliptical, a few crunches, and call it a day. Meanwhile, I’m at the squat rack or sprinting on one of the machines, so I get more weird looks than anything.

2. Cycling!! Watching basketball in person is pretty fun, but boring as hell on TV. Hockey is okay, but the rinks are cold…

Happy BFL anniversary!!! :D

Lainie August 26, 2009 at 3:46 pm

Your fish tacos look bomb! And super cute pic of you at the game.

1.) No recent creepster gym stories because I have a home gym…so it’s probably a good thing I don’t have stories because if I did they’d only be about my husband and that’d be weird…

2.) Favorite sport to watch – gymnastics. To play….hmmmm…I have no clue. I just like athletics such as running, swimming, etc.

Tay August 26, 2009 at 4:26 pm

OMG freako gym dude! (The numbers guy not the Jamaican guy – that one IS compliment). Glad you had fun at the game!!

1. No not really. The most creepster one I have is of a trainer who was saying some weird comments to me (I forget what they were now). That’s the closest I’ve come to creeper stories! haha

2. I’m definitely a baseball girl, born & raised. To play – I was always a swimmer. Swim meets/races give you a thrill like no other!!

Jenny August 26, 2009 at 4:39 pm

national banana split day? now that’ something worth celebrating!

i wish i had some juicy gym stories … i’ve warded them off and work out en mi casa now — love it, it’s free and there’s hugh jass sweaty grunting men!

Alison August 26, 2009 at 4:56 pm

ok that gym story of the gym giving you his number has me totally giggling like a school girl and blushing! LOVED THAT! And the Jamaican dude too – you rock girlfriend. Enough said.

lowandbhold August 26, 2009 at 5:27 pm

I like that post title! Better than most of mine :)

Oh creepy gym dudes, I can’t think of any specific stories, but there are many. I hate it!

I LOVE to watch football, but I’m not very athletic so I’d say golf is my fave sport to play lol

snackface August 26, 2009 at 5:30 pm

Gahhh baby picture! Reminds me that I get to see my puppies in ONE WEEK!! Oh how I miss those jowls and ears. I hope never to say that about a husband when I’m 99 (yep, I’m living that long).

Anyway, I remember loving cottage cheese, and chickpeas are already in my top 5 foods, so I’m pretty sure that lunch is bossy.

You don’t need a reminder, but your boyfriend is so damn cute, and you are so damn gorg.

And then the Qs- Oh the gym! One man told me he’d never seen legs as long as mine. “How long are those things?” Another man asked me how much I weighed when I stepped on the scale in front of him (that was when I used to weigh myself- I haven’t done that in like five months). Whaddufuh?

Fave sport to watch: hurling! And tennis. But other than that, I don’t really watch. I’ll go for the atmosphere, though.

Hope humpday was joyous! Much love, boo!

Emily August 26, 2009 at 6:33 pm

1. lots of creeptastic gym stories! Guys seem to like to comment on my size (small girls gotta lift!) or my tats, which people seem to see as license to start up a convo. It’s transference I think; guys are all amped up from working out and go into alpha male prowler mode and feel like they can just say anything. Or something.

2. hm, I get into pretty much any sport. I used to do gymnastics but I actually don’t love watching it; I played basketball and I do love to watch that. I grew up watching any and all sports with my former-athlete dad (who has three daughters; no son to bond with over sports). Soccer, football, boxing, baseball, hockey, all good.

Paige @ Running Around Normal August 26, 2009 at 8:11 pm

Mmm the tacos look great! I love your “meal 2” concoction too. Looks like you guys had a good time at the game.

I’d say I love to watch football most on TV, but like to attend baseball games the most.

burpexcuzme August 26, 2009 at 9:00 pm

What are you talking about! I would LOVE to have a bite out of that salmon wrap! In fact, give the whole damn thing to me and watch it disappear in a flash, hahaha!

Hm. I hate sports if I’m just watching it. Makes me restless and I get jealous of the sweating ppl out there having fun. Fav sports to play? Hm…eating? Hee hee! I’m more of a boring runner, not a sport player..HATE anything with balls! (and I mean the ball that you do sports with)

Kristie August 26, 2009 at 9:43 pm

Your gym stories make me want to join a gym just for the hilarious encounters. But seriously, who DOES carry around paper and pen at the gym? What a lame ass!

Fish taco beats hot dog fo SHO. I’m not a huge baseball fan but that’s probably because I just SUCKED at in when we had to play in gym class and it was always boiling out hot and I was just miserable doing so. So now baseball’s on my meh list. I wouldn’t mind seeing an actual game once or twice though.
Ps you two are adorable. SO adorable.

WholeBodyLove August 26, 2009 at 9:55 pm

I was working out at my old gym one day (at the time was GOLD’S and is now Urban Active) and this guy who looked no older than 19 or so keeps looking over from accross the gym at me. I ignor it because he is clearly too young for me (I’ve always liked guys about 3 years older than I am) and Hello! I am engaged !! Anyway, so a little while later, I am heading to the “Ladies Weight Room” and the kid and his friend cross my path. Then, he says something to me that I couldn’t hear and accidentally busts his forehead on the lateral pull-down machine! I just kept walking and pretended not to notice. But, I did say hi to him a few days later. I felt bad for the guy

amanda @ panda lunch August 26, 2009 at 10:28 pm

Wow, absolutely all of your food looks so amazing!! And I am so intrigued with the HIIT, I might have to give it a try, I am trying to switch up my workout for better results right now.

You are the only other girl besides myself that I know of that uses the Smith machine! I love that thing! I use it all the time.

BTW, You and Marshall are too cute!

katecooks August 26, 2009 at 11:10 pm

i love your faux banana split there! looks pretty darn good. note to self, dont read food blogs right before bed. i am quasi licking my computer screen, eulp.

ümit ulufer August 27, 2009 at 6:20 am

Uzman ekiple kondisyon aletleri ve koşu bandı tamiri, bakımı garantili yapılmaktadır.. USTANIZI UZAKLARDA ARAMAYIN..! 05439534653 http://www.kosubanditamiri.com 05356230613

eurobullions October 5, 2010 at 6:25 pm

investire in oro (investire in oro) oro prezzo grammo oro oro euro lingotti oro costo oro lingotto oro acquisto oro quotazione grammo oro comprare oro lingotti d oro quotazione oro euro mercato oro oncia oro lingotto d oro investire oro