rain, rain go away.

by Janetha on August 23, 2009

in meals

welp, my plans to run 4 miles tonight are shot.  and i am nowhere near a gym or a treadmill.  i am a little frustrated as i have not yet missed a workout yet in the 2 weeks i have been back on body for life.  it is pouring down rain and i am stuck at marshall’s house, bummed out.

clouds

i should probably not get too upset over missing HIIT, i mean.. i can easily make up the workout tomorrow or something.  it is the principle of missing a workout that gets to me though, not the actual missing out on the exercise and calories burned. i can play catch-up later.  i just hate being committed to something and then having something like a rainy day stop me from following through on my goals.

i will try to suck it up and keep rolling with the punches though!

well today there has not been a lot to photograph food-wise, sundays are usually like that because while it is a clean-eating day, i usually am not awake long enough to have 5 body-for-life meals.  but i will show you the three i managed to fit in!!

meal 1: java & greek yogurt mess @ 12:30 PM

yep i woke up at 10:30 and did not eat until 12:30, shame on me, i was sucked into dexter… anyway:

meals 079

marshall was mad i didn’t get him an “M” cup, when i went back to the maxx to get him one, they were gone. shucks.

meals 078

oikos, fresh farmer’s market peach, cinnamon & kashi go lean crunch~

meals 080

it was like dessert for breakfast, really.

meals 082

marshall likes it when i show  you guys what he eats.  he went to sill’s cafe which is basically a historic landmark here in utah, really good (but GREASY) food. this is what he feasted on:

meals 084

ok, not something i would ever order. it is like.. eggs and hashbrowns and american cheese (ew) and a whole bunch of gravy and i think maybe some sausage or something? i don’t know! but the scone.. now the scone is something i love.

meals 083

i am not gonna lie, i had a bite of that scone. i was caught in the act

meals 085

haha, don’t mind the bed head!

annnyway, we finished season 3 of dexter, ahhh! it was so good! anyone else watch dexter? so dang good.

and then it was off to my parents’ for some food…

meal 2: salad, veggies, roast, potatoes @ 4:00 PM

meals 086

i was talking to my mom about how i couldn’t believe i used to hate her roast. it is so dang good! what was i thinking? then again, i also used to hate tomatoes, mushrooms (gasp), italian food, cantaloupe and cauliflower.

meals 088

now i like everything except raisins and hot dogs. dear janetha b’s palette, thank you for maturing. sincerely, janetha b.

i also had some unphotographed watermelon & blackberries for dessert.

then it was time for my mom and i to do what we do best… play boggle!

meals 089

seriously, favorite game ever.  it was neck and neck after 4 rounds we were tied.. or maybe mom was 1 point ahead? ;) but after round 5 i beat her out by 16 points… sorry mom, you  know i always win!

back at marshall’s house i hung out, let my food digest and changed for my run. i wanted to stop by the store for some groceries for the week and then i was going to have marshall drop me off 4 miles from his house so i could just run back.  i went into the grocery store bathroom to empty the old bladder, since i had already handled my gallon of water for today, and when i came back out it was pouring down rain :( exercise fail!

i am hoping it lets up before it gets really dark and then i can at least go for a little jog but it is not looking too promising :/

all the dudes went to the sunday night movie, inglorious bastards, but i just am not in the movie mood… i do want to see that flick though, i will have to catch it another time.

i whipped up a meal of halves~

meal 3: 1/2 container oikos+1/2 banana+1/2 peach+1/2 scoop choco protein powder+handful kashi go lean crunch @ 8:30 PM

meals 093

and now i am eating this as i type and wait for the rain to stop.  but i am pretty sure i will give up on waiting out the rain and just take a shower and cuddle up with the pooches instead.

there are a few posts that are worth reading that i came across today~check them out!:

yeah, this post was boring, but i guess not every post has to be exciting, right? that is the thing about blogging every day.

i really wish the weekend was not over yet.  back to the grind in the morning!

i leave you with this boggle puzzle, my mom found a couple 6 letter words in this one.  what is the longest word you can come up with?

meals 090

and if you don’t feel like answering that question, what foods has your palette grown to love?

xo. janetha b.

Julia August 23, 2009 at 9:08 pm

Hey, just found your blog! I used to go to school in Utah, and they had scones like that all the time, and dang are they good, but sooo bad for you!
It’s weird, I’ve never seen a scone like the ones in Utah in any other place.

kristi (sweet cheeks) August 23, 2009 at 9:42 pm

Mmmm scone action.

And BOGGLE?!?! I used to play that all the time! Ahh, good times indeed.

Hope you have a great night!

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) August 23, 2009 at 9:42 pm

Ugh bummer about the rain. It’s been raining here a lot too. I want an initial mug SO BADLY. I saw one at Anthropologie for $394223 so naturally did not get it.

Finally someone that hates hot dogs too!! Blegh. I’ve grown to like so many foods….grown to LOVE them. One biggie is eggplant. I used to not go near that stuff and now I crave it.

GIGI August 23, 2009 at 9:47 pm

– Fig
– Orca
– Dread
– Trace (d)
– Grace (d)
– (F) rat

*Ok I’ll stop but that is my favorite game! My mom and I always play whenever I come home! And I think I found a few 6 letter words, no? ha ha!

hayleycepeda August 23, 2009 at 9:47 pm

I love games like Boggle, but it’s 12am here and I’m too delirious to find a 6-letter word. I’ll come back to it! :) I don’t like raisins either!!

I didn’t want to see Inglorious Basterds, but I went with Chris yesterday and I was riveted. REALLY GOOD! :)

WholeBodyLove August 23, 2009 at 10:27 pm

Plain Greek yogurt is something that I have grown to love since discovering it via blog world . I started with vanilla and worked my way to unflavored ;) I suppose vanilla itself is something I have grown to love. As a kid, I chose chocolate everytime hands down. But, through the years I have grown to appreciate the true vanilla flavor. I ate cooked spinach when I was young but, I didn’t develop a taste for raw spinach until the past year or so.

Lynn (The Actors Diet) August 23, 2009 at 10:45 pm

i adore boggle. scrabble too. word games rule.

Lainie August 23, 2009 at 10:48 pm

OMG I haven’t thought about boggle in FOREVER! Love that game!!! Scrabble is really where it’s at though.

Anne K. August 23, 2009 at 10:55 pm

ahahaha, I totally understand not wanting to run in the rain. After my horrible awful dreadful terrible gut-wrenching race in a downpour…. yea, i hear ya. Don’t worry bout it, just keep on goin the next day! Your breakfast looks fabulous. And I remember boggle! It reminds me of the after-school childcare program in elementary school. Haha!

I’ve grown to love greek yogurt and pumpkin! Believe it or not, i was not always a pumpkin lover. mango, too.

Alison August 24, 2009 at 5:19 am

JICAMA! FETA!

My longest word though?

PORRIDGE

Of course they are all food related. And of course my longest word has to do with oats!

Oh yeah, OAT is in there too! Mmmm so it EAT. Time for breakfast yet?

lookingforserenity August 24, 2009 at 5:21 am

I have come to like oatmeal! I used to hate oatmeal, the texture, the taste and the smell! but now I love it :)

Susan August 24, 2009 at 5:52 am

Arg, I hate it when the weather rains down on my workouts too. I’m not very good at getting pumped up for something, then not being able to do it. A few more days of stellar workouts though, and you’ll forget it ever happened :)

I used to hate mushrooms too! I actually didn’t even start eating them until I was in my 20s. Now they’re one of my favourites. I also used to get creeped out by banana and PB sandwiches. I know, crazy, right? I think it was a texture thing for me. Now it’s one of my fave combos of all time.

I found a bunch of small words in there, but “fig” made me smile :)

Have a great Monday!!

balancejoyanddelicias August 24, 2009 at 6:09 am

i know what you mean the weird feeling about missing a workout. it’s a sense of commitment that you more than the workout itself. But that’s life, right? there’s always contingencies we have to face and be flexible! :)

have a nice Monday!~

Ally August 24, 2009 at 7:27 am

omg love boggle. My boyf & I play “scramble” on his iphone allllll the time …he used to win all the time and now i kick his booty :)

found:

-mortar (6)

-dread (5)

-grade (5)

ok, im done haha

Coco August 24, 2009 at 7:28 am

How do you like protein powder in yogurt? Does it work? I should try that, but I feel like greek yogurt already has a sufficient amount of protein in it. BUT as you know girl, the more protein the better!!!!

ksgoodeats August 24, 2009 at 7:51 am

Sorry Marshall missed out on the matching mugs! If he would have gotten one we would have needed to find someone with an L name so it could go J, K, L, M!

That scone is the size of my head and I love it! “then again, i also used to hate tomatoes, mushrooms” – ditto, dollface! I used to hate them too! I also used to hate mustard and bell peppers.

How did Marshall like the movie? I want to see it as well but mainly because I love Brad :D

Sarah (Running to Slow Things Down) August 24, 2009 at 7:56 am

The scone looks awesome! :D

I’ve grown to love all sorts of veggies that I normally would have gagged over. Baby lima beans, zucchini, broccoli, frozen peas…those were all on my past gag list. But now I can’t get enough.

I also love garlic. Another past no-no.

I’m horrible at word games…haha. But here’s the best I can do:

–Grampa

Random. :D

allijag August 24, 2009 at 8:18 am

i stink at boggle – i always play with mike and he KICKS.MY.BUTT! i have a ton of 3 letter words, and he’ll have like – 5 “8 letter words” – :D

i would totally go for marshall’s breakfast – i like the way the boy thinks :)

april August 24, 2009 at 8:23 am

Thats funny that you like mushrooms now because I used to love them but now I hate them!

hayleycepeda August 24, 2009 at 8:54 am

I’m finding:

fight
might
eight

and some other short words but I’m dying to know what the 6-letter word are! I need to get this game…I LOVE it!!

Therese August 24, 2009 at 9:33 am

I totally know how you feel about the rain!! I had to take the majority of last week off for my knee to heal and it was driving me crazy! I had the motivation to workout but something out of my control was holding me back. So frustrating.

That scone is like the size of a head and looks fantastic haha! I would have stolen a bite (or 3) myself.

insideiamdancing August 24, 2009 at 9:38 am

Time. 4 letters…though in Scrabble, maybe it’s worth more? :D

Dude. Your posts are NEVER boring. First off- don’t feel bad about missing a work-out. I think it’s awesome that you have been so dedicated in the 2 weeks and this wasn’t your fault. Second- um, that scone? Woah! Is that a Utah thing? I haven’t seen them like that before. 3rd- your mom’s cooking looks awesome.

Foods I used to hate and now love- plain yogurt, fish, cheese, spaghetti (I loved pasta but hated spaghetti? Huh? I was weird…not that I am less weird now, hehe)

Emily August 24, 2009 at 9:49 am

I know what you mean about missing a workout like that. That is how I feel when I have to forgo a planned workout. I feel like I missed a deadline or something, which makes me a little cranky.

Is that really a scone?! Looks ridic!

biscuit recipes August 24, 2009 at 11:36 am

Love the new look, keep up the great work the number of visitors must have increased?.

Angharad August 24, 2009 at 11:44 am

Marshall is cute. So are you. Your bowls of yogurt/fruit/granola have made me hungry, damn you! It’s ok though, cos I got that in my packed lunch…ohhhh snap! (God, I am a dork)

LOVE boggle with all my heart. Dan and I were making a list of things we need for our new place (you know, mop, broom, toilet brush…) and his first item for the list was boggle :)

I used to hate: tomatoes, sweetcorn, lamb, fish, mushrooms, raisins…the list goes on. I pretty much eat everything now. Happy story.

Hope you’re having a stellar Monday!

biz319 August 24, 2009 at 11:47 am

I love Boggle! My family won’t play me in Scrabble anymore because I always win!

The only veggies I ate growing up were carrots and cucumbers – now I can’t stand it if I don’t have baby spinach and spaghetti squash in the house!

buffmuffy August 24, 2009 at 12:07 pm

ahHA! I am not the only one who says “welp”…. we are too alike girly. Move here now! or wait where do you live because if its by a beach ill just move there. lol.
ok this is a retarded question and i may have just a fluked brain right now but is marshall your hubbg or your boyf? boyf i am thinking but i don’t remembre. but you dont … do ? live together. ??? aghhh lol. *stalks janetha*
jk lol.
ok sorry, i am a bit loopy today because i was up too late and my eyes hurt today because the reason i was up late was not fun … etc. so i apologize! i’m acting slightly crazy.
anyway! back to my comment…
ZOM. Unphotographed blackberries????? but but but…
i want to see inglorious bastards as well … brad pitt is one of my faves!
in the boggle … i found “rar” … lol. did i mention im brain dead right now ? normally i like those games but i fail to remember all the rules and i dont want to be accused of cheating!
my palette is starting to love pepper. and has come to be in love with kombucha.
-muffy

devan newman August 24, 2009 at 12:48 pm

all of your eats today are amazing
i wake up at 10:30 quite often! haha. and eat bascially exactly how you do! wooo!

foods my palet has grown to love… brussle sprouts, prunes<3, cashews!!!, balsamic vinigar, tomatoes, and raw zuccinni!

Kailey (SnackFace) August 24, 2009 at 12:52 pm

First and foremost, I am so bummed that I forgot to submit my babies into the puppy contest thing!!! However, I LOVED reading and re-reading that post with the featured pups (maybe I’ve read it three times now?).

Lo siento about the missed run! I’m only as-of-late coming to grips with not always being able to get things done on the schedule I have in my head. But I totally understand the missed workout bummer.

Your free day looked simply delicious! I’ve never had Spumoni ice cream- kinda scares me. Those colors!

My palette has grown to love ginger, spicy things, avocado, kale, ummm, I think that’s it for now–OH wait- coconut!

I hope you have a marvelous Monday, boo!

broccolihut August 24, 2009 at 1:09 pm

Bummer on the workout. I can totally relate–I hate when Alabama rain/humidity keeps me from running. Hope you have an exhilirating workout today to make up for it!
I am a total word nerd, so I love games like Boggle and Scrabble:)

Holly August 24, 2009 at 2:44 pm

this is why i know we would be best of friends if we are ever in the same spot ever. boggle IS my game. i am undefeated. yes, undefeated in my 24 years of play. no joke. i gave myself 2 minutes (don’t want to cheat) and came up with:

roared
mortar
dearth

bammmm! love you long time!

mmmm on yogurt messes, hangin with the bf and family dindins. one thing my palate has grown to love is mac n’ cheese. can you believe i used to not like that when i was younger?!?!

Lizzy August 24, 2009 at 3:50 pm

i just found your blog and love it!! your eats look so yummy and healthy! i’m sorry about the rain…booo it’s still summer!! hope u get to run if you want to tomorrow!

Paige@ RunningAroundNormal August 24, 2009 at 4:36 pm

LOL I love how you gave us lazies an out to actually having to think for a bit to answer your first question :-P

On that note, my palatte has grown to love hummus! I tried it a while back, and didn’t like it. Tried it again about a year ago – and loved it!

If you didn’t make it on your run, I hope you just soaked up the laziness and took comfort in it :D

Becky August 24, 2009 at 6:03 pm

I love Boggle too! I do it with participants at work a lot. On yours, I found ‘fig’ and was like mmmmm.

I’m lovin on your yogurt with peaches, cinn and Kashi. I had pretty much the same thing today minus the Kashi.
When I was little I hated chili, roast, beef strogonoff, raisins, and plain bread. Now I love all of those things! Too much probably…. :)

Meredith August 24, 2009 at 6:56 pm

It’s storming here too. I wouldn’t go out for the gym either! You’ll get back on track tomorrow :)

amanda @ panda lunch August 24, 2009 at 7:41 pm

Bummer about them not having the M mugs, poor Marshall! My palette has grown to love so many things I used to hate when I was a “crap eater” LoL. One thing I LOVE now that I definitely did not love at first is goat cheese! And I used to be terrified of sushi, now it’s one of my faves!

mom August 24, 2009 at 8:04 pm

Whoa you have some serious blogger lovers out there!! It is so weird, looking at it from another view, I totally would have creamed you:
tracer
racer
thread (which i got)
force
might
graced
fight
And I only gave myself 2 minutes, tadaa I am so sure that would have put me over the top!! haha

That is some huge scone Marsh is devouring, love that old school Sils, love you too!!
xoxo

peanutbutterprerogative August 24, 2009 at 8:26 pm

“dear janetha b’s palette, thank you for maturing. sincerely, janetha b.”…haha i LOL’ed. i hear ya sister. if my palette hadn’t matured, i would still be eating a diet of little debbie oatmeal cream pies, frozen pizzas, pierogies, and coke!

Jenny August 25, 2009 at 2:40 pm

i hate to toot my own honrn but i used to be sick nasty at bloggle… apparently i lost my touch though cause all i can find in that puzz is “gem” oh god i suck

Kristin August 25, 2009 at 7:51 pm

I always feel that way when I miss a workout, so I understand how you feel! I hate rainy days =(

Your food looks good though, and boggle is lots of fun- I just definitely need to be in the mood for it!

I’ll answer the second question. I used to HATE corn, now I love it- as long as it’s fresh, and I used to despise onions- now I love them, especially red onions or caramelized white…and french onion is my fave soup ever!!

xo
K

Christine September 2, 2009 at 9:20 am

I cried reading about Mable. She and Blue are racing around together now. They definitely leave pawprints on our hearts, don’t they?