my whole body hurts.

by Janetha on August 11, 2009

in meals,moves

ohh.. between my intense lower body workout yesterday and wakeboarding last night, i am one sore chica! but it is a good sore!  i love that feeling, so i am not complaining :)

since i took some time off from technology last night, my google reader is up past 125 today. eek. i will frolic on all your lovely blogs tonight!

thanks for the supportive comments about my back to basics eating and also thanks for saying you were not entirely bored stiff! i will try to make it interesting as possible, but my motto for now is “less is more” :)

rewind time!

MONDAY!

meals

after my post i whipped up a fruity protein shake before hitting the road.

this was meal 3 at 3:30 PM~

in the mix:

• 1 scoop EAS vanilla protein powder (23g protein)
  • 1 cup vanilla almond milk
  • splash of simply orange OJ
  • some frozen fruit~pineapple, apples, berries.. about 1/3 cup in total

so thick i had to eat it with a spoon. (TWSS?)

moves

it was off to my mom’s radtastic home gym for my body for life style lower body workout.. i incorporated some new thangs and some old thangs and it ended up being a fantastic sesh.  here are the details:

5 minute warmup on treadmill

quads/abs

bulgarian split squats holding dumbbells

• 12 each leg @ 15#
  • 30 standing oblique twists holding 8# medicine ball
  • 10 each leg @ 20#
  • 30 standing oblique twists holding 8# medicine ball
  • 8 each leg @ 25#
  • 30 standing oblique twists holding 8# medicine ball
  • 6 each leg @ 30#
  • 30 standing oblique twists holding 8# medicine ball
  • 12 each leg @ 20#

squats standing on top of bosu ball (upside down)

• 12 reps holding 20#
  • 12 second hold

hamstrings/abs

single leg dumbbell dead lifts

• 12 each leg @ 5#
  • 20 elbow-to-knee crunches on bosu ball
  • 10 each leg @ 10#
  • 20 elbow-to-knee crunches on bosu ball
  • 8 each leg @ 15#
  • 20 elbow-to-knee crunches on bosu ball
  • 6 each leg @ 20#
  • 20 elbow-to-knee crunches on bosu ball
  • 12 each leg @ 10#

*about the SLDL: these really are great for balance training! i forgot how killer they were and saw susan did them the other day and i had to incorporate them back into my workout. these are great because you have to go realllly slow so you don’t tip over. try them!

stability ball hamstring curls

• 20 reps

lower back/abs

back extension on bench holding weights

• 12 reps w/ 10#
  • 25 ball crunches
  • 10 reps w/ 15#
  • 25 ball crunches
  • 8 reps w/ 20#
  • 25 ball crunches
  • 6 reps w/ 25#
  • 25 ball crunches
  • 12 reps w/ 15#

back extension on stability ball

• 12 reps
  • 12 second hold

calves/abs

seated calf raises on leg press

• 12 reps @ 120#
  • 10 reps prone jack knife
  • 10 reps @ 140#
  • 10 reps prone jack knife
  • 8 reps @ 160#
  • 10 reps prone jack knife
  • 6 reps @ 180#
  • 10 reps prone jack knife
  • 12 reps @ 140#

single leg calf raises (body weight)

• 12 reps each leg

glutes/quads

lying butt bridge w/ 10# plate on pelvis

• 4 sets of 25 reps alternating with:

squat jumps holding 8# medicine ball

• 4 sets of 10 jumps

5 minute run on treadmill

whew. good stuff. i think i burned around 350 calories and it took 55 minutes, i can’t recall what my HR zone was though.

the best part about working out at my mom’s?  watching old episodes of full house!  i watched two.  the one where DJ puts the principle’s car on the roof as the senior prank and the one where steph gets stood up by andrew keegan, was it just me who had an insane crush on andrew keegan as a kid?  i had all the teen bop centerfolds of him posted up on my wall.  it was true love.

meal 4 was my post-workout recovery drink, i will show you what it is, i have talked about it before~

stats of the EAS muscle armor~

stats of the nectar whey protein~

step 1: shake shake shake (shake shake shake, shake your bootay bottle) with some water and crushed ice~IMG_3160

step 2: guzzle

whew. i look haggard.

next up was some lake time for my nephews birthday!

here are some photos of the lovely time we had~i love wakeboarding later on, the water is always smooth as ice :) i like my sister’s new boat, the wake makes it real easy to catch some air.

birthday boy opening gifts on the boat~

me~mom~sister (i was freeezing~can you see it in my face?)

1006

nephew~ IMG_3211

sickie~IMG_3212

birthday boy~IMG_3218

P.S. marshall got boat-sick and was not so stoked, we dropped him off on the beach and went back out :P

it turned into a stunning evening

IMG_3232  IMG_3241

weeeee~wakeboarding <3

1010

marshall and my mom back at the beach~IMG_3244

he is happier when on land :PIMG_3247

as far as fooood goes

meals

i had a couple bites of my sister’s homemade black bean & corn salsa..yum yum!IMG_3248

we ate some grapesIMG_3249 IMG_3251

and this was the smushed up subway that my mom got me for the evening, it got sat on by someone i think.. i at the cucumbers and tomatoes off of it then tossed it!  oh well. the photo is real blurry but i figured since i didn’t eat it i wouldn’t try too hard to get a decent shot.IMG_3254

when boating was all said and done and i got back to marshall’s i was super duper starving because it was already 9:30 PM!  we went to the store and came home and i made meal 5: taco saladIMG_3261

• romaine
  • 93% lean ground beef (protein)
  • onions
  • green peppers
  • 1/3 cup black beans (carb)
  • salsa
  • avocado (healthy fat)

balanced, clean and verrrry tasty!

after the late dinner we watched the latest episode of true blood..ahh.. such a guilty pleasure!

then it was sleep time.

oh, i drank 150 ounces of water yesterday and also took my CLA twice, multi vitamin and fish oil once.

TUESDAY!

oh, waking up was hard to do today.

real hard.

meals

but i made it to work and whipped up meal 1 ~ protein oats @ 9:30

i made them using a method i saw on heather’s blog, HEAB, yesterday!  it worked wonders.. first i boiled water, then took the pot off the stove, stirred in 1/3 cup oats & 1 scoop vanilla protein powder and covered the pot for about 10 minutes.  the result? perfectly cooked protein oats! i added a plethora of cinnamon and a squirt of agave and i was set.

nom nom nom.

now i am having lunch and typing this.  what’s for lunch? leftover taco meat of course. wrapped up in a don pancho tortilla and topped with avocado.  these tortillas pack 70 calories, 10g carbs, 5g protein and 6g fiber!

all wrapped up.

welp, that brings you all up to speed on my life.  fabulous, i know.

i have had 72 oz of water so far, need to step that up, and i have taken one dose of CLA, multi V and fish oil.  right on track. HIIT tonight.

in other news!!~~

• i am looking for a new car. i want a black subaru legacy GT wagon. i can’t find one. sigh.
  • some of my favorite bloggers gave some tips on the glamour website about how to save a few calories, check it out here!
  • head over the an apple a day for a crunchy giveaway!

alright, enough out of me.  let’s hear it from you…

1. what kind of car is your dreeeam car? range rover. black one. love them. but i will settle for a subaru wagon if i can find one..

2. what is your master method for oat cooking?

3. do you get motion sickness? that would be the worst…

xo. janetha b.

Amanda, another priorfatgirl August 11, 2009 at 3:18 pm

that breakfast smoothie looks sooo good! i really need to get myself a magic bullet.

totally loved andrew keegan. wow. that takes me back.

true blood. love it. have you read the books or just watch the show? i like the show but i LOVE the books.

lookingforserenity August 11, 2009 at 3:22 pm

yes! sadly I do get motion sickness! Only on planes & roller coasters ! I live like 10 minutes from great america, & I love roller coasters so I take a pill & suck it up :) it works!

Alison August 11, 2009 at 3:46 pm

You are rocking that waking board sista! Love it, miss it!

I am overnight oats and breakfast cookie kind of gal these days – so my oats “cook” in liquid in the fridge all night! I’ll probably get back to cooking oats with the colder months ahead – gotta cook it with banana to sweeten and thicken it up!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 11, 2009 at 3:52 pm

Your perfectly cooked protein oats looked…well, perfect. :) Glad the method worked for ya, and thanks for the shout-out.

What a workout, and I only ever make spoon worthy smoothies. Those are the best.

I couldn’t see the “cold” in your face because I was too busy coveting your awesome abs. :)

buffmuffy August 11, 2009 at 4:14 pm

Ah sweety you look SO gorgeous in that first picture! Your hair looks awesome! I love it!
That is one google reader build up, lol.
I feel like I read one of your posts every day yet you have posts about multiple days on them. lol im confused! maybe im too busy to realize!
the lake looks like so much fun. i’m mondo jealous!

New car … SUBARU! I have a subaru and i LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Def I recommend a suby!!!!

Sooo to answer your questions…
1. Subaru WRX STi, white with gold wheels. is my realistic dream car. I currently have a red WRX because my father didnt think i could handle a stick back when i bought it at age 18. meh, lol i should have just done it but i wanted red so bad and the sti didnt come in red. Now i hate the way the sti is only a hatchback, so im hoping by the time im ready, they redesign it.

2. MICROWAVE! Lol. Yes … im simple.

3. if i read in the car i do. otherwise no!

-muffy

Becky August 11, 2009 at 4:50 pm

Omg….can I come live at your mom’s?? Her gym is effin’ awesome! Jealous. Your workout sounds really hardcore. I don’t know the names of many moves, so I looked up the ones you mentioned and I want to incorporate some of those into my workouts :)
1. I really don’t know much about cars…maybe one that never needs to get repaired?? ;)
2. Stovetop or microwave. I do your latest method camping though, just add hot water to those little packets!
3. Yes I get motion sick! Just last week actually, training for a triathlon so I was swimming at the lake with a friend, and it was wavy from the boats. I got out and threw up I was so sick! Ick huh.

Weight Control Help & Strategies August 11, 2009 at 5:13 pm

I love water skiing! The pictures look awesome!

Kristin August 11, 2009 at 5:37 pm

I had a taco salad tonight too!! Yum yum =)

As for the questiones…
1. Well, if I lived in Italy again I would like a smartcar, but that’s not very realistic. So I would have to say a Jeep Wrangler. Love ‘em, especially with the top down =)
2. Micro all the way baby! I find 1/2 h20, 1/2 milk makes the best creamy texture, but not too thick.
3. No motion sickness for me, luckily I have a very strong stomach!

And I have a question for you…
In all honesty, do you think your recovery drink has made a significant difference in your muscle building or is it more a nutritional supplement? Thanks!

Have a great rest of your day! =)
xo
K

Susan August 11, 2009 at 6:32 pm

Gorgeous pictures in this post! Both YOU and the wakeboarding pics ;)

Love the workout!! How do you stay on the Bosu ball? I can barely sit on a regular ball without falling off. Oh, and I was more of a Devon Sawa gal myself ;)

1. Does a Vespa count? I want one of those soooo badly. Someday, when I have the funds and a garage to put it in…

2. Stovetop. I actually prefer it over microwave because it boils over on me every single time in the micro. A lot less mess doing it in a pot!

3. YES. I’m not so bad on boats, but any amusement park rides are out of the question for me.

Have a happy waffle wednesday tomorrow!

Tay August 11, 2009 at 6:53 pm

Girl – you have rockin’ abs!! Wakeboarding looks sooo fun! I’ve never gone, but really want to.

Erin August 11, 2009 at 6:56 pm

That pic of you and Marshall on the boat is SO dang cute! Frame worthy for sure.

I get a teensy bit sea sick on big boats out on choppy water, but that’s it.

My dream car would be a Benz. Black. Badass.

April (Foods of April) August 11, 2009 at 6:57 pm

I’m so jealous of your wakeboarding adventures!!

And you have some rock hard abs girl!

AND those protein oats look so good! What exactly did it do to make them different?

Michelle August 11, 2009 at 7:37 pm

The eats aren’t looking boring; they’re looking fantastic! Good for you! :) I LOVE Full House! I try and catch episodes whenever I can! I love the one with Andrew Keegan…he used to be the shiz way back when!

In answer to your q, I got my Adora Disks (dark chocolate and they have milk choc. too) off Vitamin Shoppe.com. I’ve seen them (after I ordered them of course!) in a few small health food stores by me, but ordering them seemed like my best bet. I got a month’s worth for $7! Not too bad, the taste is awesome, and they’re only 30 cals. You’re supposed to take two a day, so I wound up purchasing 2 packs, but I feel it was still a bargain! Hope you enjoy if you wind up ordering them!

1. My dream car…I love Ford Escapes! Hybrid, please! Simple, but effective.

2. My method of cooking oats is by microwave. I tried by stovetop once and frankly, they sucked. I think my ratios of water to oats was pretty off, but it didn’t make me want to try it again.

3. I don’t get motion sickness on many things, pretty much the only thing is any carnival ride that spins in a perfect circle obscenely fast. Ugh puke.

Have a great Hump Day tomorrow! :)

Julie August 11, 2009 at 7:57 pm

girl you are a STUD on the wakeboard fo sho. You’re doing AWESOME with the workouts and eating! Gotta give your killer workout a try soon!

dream car? navy jetta!
best way to cook oats? nuke emmmmmm hahaha
motion sickness? hell nah I would be so sad if I couldnt ride on my boat!

Anne K. August 11, 2009 at 10:34 pm

Your smoothies/shake look yummy! And I love the pics of you wakeboarding. You look so hardcore! That oatmeal method sounds really intriguing…I might have to try that!

Emily August 11, 2009 at 10:36 pm

what a great monday! The lake pics are so pretty.

and amazing workout! Your workouts always make me want to head to the weight room :) All I’ve been doing lately is running. Which I love but I know it’s not everything :(

1. I kinda love not having a car. I miss my jeep sometimes, esp since I can’t drive the hub’s beemer (it’s a stick; I don’t trust myself with that). But I get over it. I can walk everywhere I need to go on a daily basis.

2. Haven’t made oats in forever! Gotta be stovetop, mixed with equal-ish parts oat bran and wheat bran. Finished with some protein.

3. I’m good on planes and boats. I do get minor car sickness, unless the car is moving at a good speed! Another reason why I kinda love not driving.

broccolihut August 11, 2009 at 10:42 pm

Mmm I love spoonable smoothies–they’re the only kind i eat:)

WholeBodyLove August 11, 2009 at 11:01 pm

I’m always in such a hurry that I cook oats in the microwave every time. My dream car (remember I am a mommy) would probably be a BMW or Lexus crossover vehicle…hybrid of course, most likely in black.

katecooks August 11, 2009 at 11:07 pm

madly in love with andrew keegan! so weird that you mention him because me and one of my girlfriends were talking about him just the other day! he was like JTT, only older and hotter. with dark smoldering looks. HAHAHA. we could probably date him if we met him now…hmmmmm gotta look into that!!!!!!!!

homegirlcaneat August 11, 2009 at 11:58 pm

First off, I was cracking up out loud at the TWSS about eating it wit a spoon. TWSS neva gets old!! The lake looks gorgeous! I used to always go out at sunset with my friend who lives on a lake back when I went to boarding school in Tennessee! I couldn’t wakeboard fo da life of me but my homeboy friend could do flips like a pro!

1. Hmmmm.. lately I have weirdly been obsessed with those really boxy Mercedes SUVs that celebs drive because they are bullet proof! ahaha! I think they are dimey! But I would love a gorgeous brand new white bmw hardtop convertible please and thank you!

2. I neva cook oats! I know, am I a food blogger?!? I think I ODed on them at boarding school and lately it’s been so hot I have moved on to smoothies! But Vermont in the winter might mean I will be needing a hot bananay peanutbuttery bowl!

3. Only reading in cars!! ahhhhh nasty!!

peanutbutterprerogative August 12, 2009 at 12:09 am

your hair looks so purty in that picture…so shiny! jealousssss. i am also jealous of your wakeboarding skills! i tried getting up on water skis once and the embarassment from that experience was enough for me to say ixnay on the water sports. happy bday to your nephew! he looks adorable

Lara (Thinspired) August 12, 2009 at 2:58 am

I can’t tell you are cold in that photo at all! It looks like such a blast out there!
Thanks for the shout out :)
2.I am a microwave oat girl. I use real oats or oat bran, but I always cook them in the micro. Not sure why. Laziness?
3. Terrible, terrible motion sickness! I couldn’t handle it out on that litte boat. I get sick in the passenger seat of the car!

Matt August 12, 2009 at 4:34 am

Being the right kind of sore is great, isn’t it? As long as it’s muscles, not joints, I actually enjoy it.

Hemp protein is where it’s at, not whey or soy! Hemp is “whey” better, since you can get it in non-isolate form, meaning it isn’t as processed (so it’s green, not white).

That is a beautiful lake!

balancejoyanddelicias August 12, 2009 at 6:13 am

great job with all that workout!!! And all those amazing SHAKES!!! you made me crave a big green monster now!!!

1) My dream car is mini cooper
2) stove oats is my favorite way to prepare it
3) I kind of like the workout soreness! :)

Coco August 12, 2009 at 6:43 am

mmmmm great eats and killer lower body workout!!! I am def going to try that SLDL!
1. my dream car that I hope to get when I graduate is a black on black BMW. Not sure the model yet, but yeah.
2. my go-to oat making is: pour oats and any add-ins in the sauce-pan, then pour in the water and turn on the heat, start stirring till it reaches desired consistency, take off heat, sit for a min, then stir in protein powder and add toppings. Works every time and the oats are super creamy!!!
3. I haven’t in a long ass time, but it does happen.

holly the healthy everythingtarian August 12, 2009 at 7:29 am

janetha my love…OMG i am so sorry i’ve been mia for so long. you have some really awesome, heartfelt posts that i NEEDED to read. okay, get ready for my novel,

first, as far as your clean eating goes, i say do whatever you need to do to make YOU feel the best. obv moderation is key, but if you ever need any support or anything, e-mail me. i’m also working on clean eating after two weeks of too much going out, going to lunch, goodbye parties and whatnot. honestly, i feel a lot better so let’s get back on track TOGETHER. kapeesh?

second, i will never ever be bored with your blog.

third, your fam is TOO CUTE. your nephew and your twin sisters (aka sister and your mom) and obv you. love that you all go wakeboarding and hang out together – so cool.

ummm that sundried tomato hummus? amazing. choco coconut muffins? amazing. taco salad? amazing. perfect protein oats? amazing. all of it looks sooo good.

i need to write down some of these strength workouts – that is also something i am going to try and incorporate more of.

also, LOVED flashback friday. i might just have to do an installment and give you a huge shoutout. yay for studying in london – gosh, how much do you miss it? love paddington – i was in the kensington area and this little sammie shop around the corner had the best turkey avocado sammie ever.

okay, now i am just rambling. my point is: much love to you miss janeth, let me know if you ever need anything (i can get you a copy of the taylor swift song “love story” if need be, she’s the girl that talks her lyrics) and hope you are having a wonderful week!

xoxo

holly the healthy everythingtarian August 12, 2009 at 7:30 am

oops i didn’t answer the q’s – my fave part!

(1) dream car? prius.

(2) oats – i’m lazy, i’m all about the microwave.

(3) no motion sickness…the more roller coasters the better!

ksgoodeats August 12, 2009 at 7:30 am

Boat sick?! Pop some Dramamine in him and call it a day ;)

I love the smushed Subway. I’m weird though because I always think it tastes better the next day, haha!

2. what is your master method for oat cooking? Microwave ;)
3. do you get motion sickness? I used to be fine but lately big buses make me feel the pukes

Lindsay @ bananaandchocolate August 12, 2009 at 8:02 am

Your fruity protein shake looks really good! Your nephew is adorable!

Graze With Me August 12, 2009 at 8:47 am

That vanilla protein/fruit smoothie looks and sounds incredible! I’ll have to try that combo soon. I love thick smoothies too, I always add more and more ice until my poor blender wants to give up and die.

Thanks for the protein pancake recipe from your last comment! I can’t wait to try it, esp with the cottage cheese….never thought of that.

1. I want a Hummer. Not necessarily the new sparkly ones but one of the old, bad-ass military ones. That or a 4 door Jeep Wrangler, or a Toyota FJ Cruiser….love the 4WD.

2. I soak old fashioned oats overnight in water then microwave in the morning. I always mix in a little greek yogurt afterward too. Makes it super creamy….

3. I can NOT read AT ALL in the car, I want to throw up just thinking about it. But thank god I don’t get sea-sick!

amanda @ panda lunch August 12, 2009 at 8:57 am

Wow, you are a workout machine, girl! No wonder your abs look so amazing! I love the super thick smoothies too! So good!!

How awesome that you have your mom’s gym to use, I am definitely jealous!

Kristin August 12, 2009 at 9:09 am

P.S.
I would LOVE to hear more about the BFL message boards and the team you’re on… can anyone still join the team?
Thanks!

xo
K

Allison August 12, 2009 at 1:34 pm

I’m totally loving your lake time! Can you take me with you next time?

biennale-panoramas.fr April 5, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Greetings from Colorado! I’m bored to tears at work so I decided to check out your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I love the info you present here and can’t
wait to take a look when I get home. I’m amazed at how fast your blog loaded on my phone .. I’m not
even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, very good site!