grab a snack.

by Janetha on July 26, 2009

in meals,moves

this post is gonna be a loooong one.

but FIRST.. wordpress has not been emailing me when i get comments anymore. the settings are still all the same but the emails when i get comments have vamoosed. is it just me or is there a glitch with the press of the word?  let me know, if you know.

ok so i left off thursday and i was gearing up for a 3 day weekend!  2 of which i have already enjoyed to the fullest extent possible and now i am blogging at 2:30 AM because i can, because i still have one more day off left. yessss!

just a warning, there may be a lack of food photos in this post and an over abundance of social scene shots.  so skip now or forever hold your peace!

THURSDAY!

i had jicama fries on my way to the gym..this photo times 5.

7-23-09 001

moves_thumb

HIIT! on the treadmill.. i felt like working up a sweat.

• 2 min @ 5.0
  • 1 min @ 7.0
  • 1 min @ 7.5
  • 1 min @ 6.0
  • 1 min @ 6.5
  • 1 min @ 7.0
  • 1 min @ 7.5
  • 1 min @ 9.6 MPH<—holler! i am slowly getting to 10 MPH!
  • 1 min @ 2.0

and that was it. quick workout, i had a life to live!  and i did.  i had an unphotographed bowl of PB puffins, honey kix & TJs fiber worms w/ almond milk and a brown cow greek yogurt+PB2 for dinner

then it was off to the gallivan center for the free outdoor concert!

7-23-09 003

7-23-09 015

7-23-09 025

and then it was off to a bar named sue for my friend’s going away partaaay. she is moving to huntington beach to sell orange construction cones. true story.

crazy straw glasses were all over the place!

7-23-09 028

kareoke, those are my ladies singing their little hearts out to “don’t stop believing” by journey

7-23-09 035

i may or may not have put a pool ball in his drink. let’s just say i am good at trick shots in billiards! (or i like to pretend that is the case)

7-23-09 044

ok, so all you got from thursday was the jicama, sorry folks.. let’s try this food blogging thing again…

FRIDAY!

friday was a holiday here in utah! yay! i woke up and had some coffee & ezekiel toast + 1 egg scrambled

7-24-09 002

and then i went on some grocery store runs.. i went to costco & sunflower market..had this in the car:

7-24-09 003

loved it, but it could have used more cinnamon.

then i cruised home and whipped up some couscous chickpea salad a la danica but i didn’t add the chicken this time because i was making it vegan..

7-24-09 026

and then we went to the pool.. oh wait first we got jamba juice.. peach perfection

7-24-09 004

wow that is twice in a month, rare for me to drink my calories. but oh so delicious!! especially on hot days in the SLC.

7-24-09 001

7-24-09 008

i ate some of those doritos.. i am chalking it up to the holiday.

came home, i made this fruit pizza:

7-24-09 020

side note: fruit pizza is the easiest thing to make, ever. it is not technical and it is by no means a recipe like danica’s nectarine raspberry sorbet…just sayin. end side note.

7-24-09 021

and while i made the fruit pizza marshall did this:

7-24-09 009

oh do you guys like his haircut? he is a baldy! and randy is out cold in this photo.

more penelope photos because i love her..

7-24-09 017

7-24-09 019

and then i got ready and we peaced out to the BBQ!

at the BBQ i snacked on chips & salsa, artichoke dip & wasabi peas while marshall seasoned our filet mignon:

7-24-09 024

we hung out waiting for fooooood..

7-24-09 039

michelle is TALL

7-24-09 034

marshall grilled

7-24-09 029

and we ate!

7-24-09 032

7-24-09 031

7-24-09 041

yes that is a medium-done filet mignon, no i did not eat the whole thing! i probably ate 1/4 of it, maybe 1/3. it was a HUGE piece of meat. (TWSS) i ate all that bomb dot com salad though. yes i am tooting my own horn on that creation!

7-24-09 042

make it, i dare you.

the bestie made me a crazy amazing drink! it had cucumber, simply lime, cilanto, basil & club soda:

7-24-09 048

it was surprisingly waaaay refreshing & delicious! different combo of ingredients but they worked together!

of course i had some fruit pizza

7-24-09 028

and then we saw some fireworks

happy pioneer day, utah.

SATURDAY!

original saturday plan:

• upper body work out
  • clean room
  • grocery shop for upcoming week
  • do laundry
  • take some clothes back to whiskeymilitia.com

but then allie invited me to go wakeboarding and all my plans went out the window!

but not before i enjoyed my exciting breakfast!

7-25-09 002

jup, that is right! finally got to enjoy some protein oats in a jar a la HEAB steeze!!

7-25-09 004

it was as good as you have heard.

i also had some coffee.

and i packed some stuff up for the boat trip!

turkey, cucumber, laughing cow light, annie’s honey mustard on ezekiel:

7-25-09 001

and also some cherries, cauliflower, cucumbers and leftover couscous chickpea salad.

i didn’t take food photos the rest of the day but i will tell you i ate my weight in pita chips & hummus.. but mainly just pita chips because the hummus that was brought on the journey was athenos and i decided i don’t like this brand of hummus.  do you guys?

boating photos!

7-25-09 013

yes that is the adorable 1 year old you have seen on here before. she is my favorite little boodle!

7-25-09 024

hooray for wakeboarding :)

7-25-09 018

7-25-09 017

and hooray for meeting new dogs!

7-25-09 028

7-25-09 032

it was a glorious day in the sun. it was a 9 hour journey when it was all said and done. i was beat!

but not too beat to make a vegan fruit pizza.. you guys know i always try to veganize things for my buddies!

7-25-09 053

for the crust i mixed  flour, sugar, vegan margarine, silken tofu, lemon zest, bakind soda & salt

7-25-09 041

for the “sauce” i mixed tofutti “cream cheese”, brown sugar & vanilla extract

7-25-09 046

it turned out SO BOMB!

7-25-09 059

the vegans love janetha b.

and they also love fireworks and lots of them…doused in alcohol…lit all at once…

7-25-09 066

they worried lots as they watched from the safety of the back yard

7-25-09 073

i am not going to lie, i was a little worried myself. there was a LOT of fireworks all going off at once!! it was intense!

and unfortunately i have no photos of the explosion because i video taped it with my camera.. and the video is 10 minutes long (yes they lasted that long!! crazy!!) so i am not uploading it to the blog! but here is a clean up shot:

7-25-09 074

it was fun. i love fireworks.

i had cereal for dinner.

meals 231

and this blog took me 50 minutes to type.

off to bed, hope you have all been enjoying your weekend! i finally caught up on all of your blogs while marshall played poker with the dudes and i feel like i am one with the world once again :D

hopefully tomorrow will be back to regularly scheduled food, sorry for the mass amounts of people photos, but you can’t say i didn’t warn you!

questions:

1. favorite holiday?? and why? i love christmas.. family time, i get to cook/bake for everyone, and snowwww. i am a sucker for snow.

2. favorite animal?? and why? dogs because they sometimes understand me better than some humans do. love my pups.

3. what infomercial product sucks you in?? i am blogging at 3 AM.. lots of infomercials. i can’t believe those hair insert things called “bumpits”..do people buy those?!

xo! janetha b.

Cei July 26, 2009 at 4:05 am

I was blogging away at 3am too…it’s the only time I get any peace!!!

I am sooooo excited…I am currently bidding on me, a Body For Life Book…I want your bod girl…I NEEEED your secrets!!!! And I’m going to attempt a bit of a cous cous creation too, inspired by your efforts!!!! It shall be a good day I feel!! :)

In sadder news…we don’t have holidays like you guys :( …just Easter and Christmas and bank holidays….meaning the banks are closed….so some offices and schools close too whilst the rest of us suckers are extraaaa busy!!! Booooo!! So I would say Christmas…as it’s the holiday I actually am guaranteed a day off….and theres loads of good stuff on TV to chillax with the fam watching!!!

xx.

mayapamela July 26, 2009 at 5:05 am

Wordpress hasn’t been doing that for me…hmmm. Hope your problem gets resolved!

I love Thanksgiving because it’s non denominational family and friend time. Everyone can celebrate the holiday.

Have a great Sunday!

buffmuffy July 26, 2009 at 5:25 am

wow what a big post!
my cal intake is still a bit high, i usually end up snacking before bed the past few days anyway >.< lol.
Cute cute cute pics. love them!
my favorite holiday is probably also xmas. i like presents and family! :)
my fave animal … cats! of any kind!
as far as infomercials, anything kitchen usually will suck me in. lol.
have a great sunday!
-muffy

Susan July 26, 2009 at 5:25 am

Wordpress has been doing all sorts of whacky things to me lately. Guess it’s just keeping my on my toes! :P

Looks like an awesome weekend!! I only just discovered fruit pizza the other day and am now completely obsessed with making one. I think I may throw my own event just so I have an excuse to :P

1. Halloween. Doesn’t get much better than dressing up in a silly costume and eating my weight in candy :)

2. Elephants. Random, I know. Even more random, owls are my second fave.

3. I want a shamwow so badly!!! It has so many uses!!

Oh yes, and as per usual, I want your dogs. Have a great Sunday!! :D

Nicole July 26, 2009 at 5:54 am

Your weekend looks like so much fun!! Your doggies are so cute. I want to cuddle them!

I love making fruit pizza. Love that youmade a vegan version!

buffmuffy July 26, 2009 at 7:06 am

oh hey i just noticed … we have the same alpine headunit. crazy! i used to have the old iva-d300 touch screen with the pulse that shocked you and made it feel like buttons… and then my car got broken into and they stole that among the rest of my electronics… :(
but the insurance co hooked me up with new stuff to replace most of my old stuff and now my headunit matches yours. lol!
wow i need to stop blog commenting :)
-muffy

ksgoodeats July 26, 2009 at 7:32 am

You are a speed demon on the tread! Holy crap!! So get this, last night was a going away party for one of my friends and she’s going to California too! Except she’s going to Sacramento for law school – not orange cones ;)

Don’t Stop Believin’ is Detroit’s party anthem. Seriously you can’t go anywhere at night without hearing it (bars, sports games, etc.). Ask your MI friends!

I agree, Lara’s cinnamon roll is lacking in the cinn department. I love me some fruit pizza and puppies!

Our answers are the exact same! I kid you not, Christmas = PRIME baking season, love it. Pupperoons = love them all! I saw Jenna Fischer talking about bumpits on Ellen once and ever since then I’ve been intrigued/annoyed by those commercials. Hello just by a comb and do it yourself!? ;)

Lindsay @ Banana and Chocolate July 26, 2009 at 8:04 am

1. I love Christmas. My family lives all over the country so Christmas is really the only time we are all together.

2. Dogs. I love that they all have different personalities and they are so full of love.

3. Bump-its used to. A friend saw them at the store and bought a pack. They didn’t work nearly as well as they do on TV.

Your weekend looks like lots of fun! That fruit pizza looks amazing!

april July 26, 2009 at 8:18 am

That fruit pizza looks amazing! One time in elementary school I saw something like that on this show Zoom and made one for my grandparents.. it was great! lol

thanks for the info on those crunches! I’ll be adding those to my routine for sure.

My favorite holiday is Christmas! It’s my birthday too :)

Danielle C. July 26, 2009 at 8:38 am

My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving! I love all of the delicious food and the warm feeling of spending the day with family.

Favorite animal is probably a cat, I love their feisty personalities…but I really want a dog too (I’m sure my two cats would object).

Infomercial, I want one of those perfect strap things for bras. LOL. Although the Bender Ball really got me one day, but my better senses kicked.

elise July 26, 2009 at 9:27 am

there is SO much i could comment on in this post!
mmm pool ball drinks, delish! haha

i cant find that flave lara…hmmm, gonna have to go sherlock holmes for this one.

i want that bomb.com salad. sans meat.

i loveeee wakeboarding…but tubing is the best!
looks like you had a blast. vegan DO love ya. that fruit and tofutti thang looks straight up my alley…dizzam!

peanutbutterandjenny July 26, 2009 at 9:36 am

free concert?! yes please!

girl you had a fab-o weekend! that fruit pizza looks killah and your dress is GORGEOUS! very nautical :)

cereal for breakfast is a classic — love it!

favortie holiday: my birthday, of course.. why? because i’m just that self-absorbed and love any day that is all about me :)

favorite animal: dolphins — they are just so beautiful and graceful

infomercials: the bunpitz are ridiculous — and i will always be a loyal fan of the snuggie

happy sunday girl!

lookingforserenity July 26, 2009 at 9:38 am

I love fruit pizza! my mom makes it all of the time! :) haha, is your dog a beagle? I have one! Theyre sooo cute :)

Em July 26, 2009 at 9:50 am

gah! stop being so cute with your cute little haircut and awesome outfits! haha.

I want to make the fruit pizza! recipe pah-leeze, unless I am just completely oblivious and you posted it and I skipped over it. If so, please ignore that comment.

Oh man, my friend actually did buy on of those bumpits and I have to tell you that I got some good laughs out of it. at least it was good for something. Speaking of infomercials…please go here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h05ZQ7WHw8Y…and be prepared to laugh!!

Hope your weekend is going great dear <333

Kailey July 26, 2009 at 12:38 pm

wow so much yummy goodness!
Love BBQ’s!
your oats in a jar make me super happy!

Katharina July 26, 2009 at 12:41 pm

Sometime these posts take FOREVER to type up. Especially if you’ve got a lot of pictures. I think Wordpress can improve the way you upload pictures… like uploading more than one at once lol. Okay that cous cous with chickpeas and your fruit pizza are possibly my favorite food things in this post. I feel like my pictures have been more social stuff than food lately. So I’m like oh yeah FOOD BLOG uhhh… quick post something I ate today lol. I’ve been in a breakfast food mood lately too. It looks like you definitely enjoyed your looong weekend brought to you by the state of Utah :D

1. I love Halloween because I get to wear a costume… well sometimes I do that anyway. Man, but I also really like Christmas.. it’s such a comforting holiday and I love listening to oldie Christmas music.

2. Elephants are my fave!

3. I always get sucked in by those quick meal gadget commercials lol

Michelle July 26, 2009 at 12:54 pm

Hey hey! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend!! :)

1. Christmas and Halloween are my faves! I love Christmas for the FAMILY TIME!! And I love Halloween because I enjoy chocolate (a lot!) and it’s my anniversary :)

2. I love pigs! I dunno why, I just do!

3. Haha infomercial wise…one night I was up way late, trying to fall asleep and some ad for a thing you strap onto your stomach comes on. All you supposedly do is go about your daily business and this thing contracts your ab muscles for you, creating insta-abs! at 3 am this seemed like the most amazing thing in the world…I watched it for way too long! The next day I researched it online, and then came to my senses…what the hell was I doing!? A strap on thing that gives you insta-abs? PLEASE!! LOL

Glad you had a lovely weekend! :)

carolinebee July 26, 2009 at 1:12 pm

sounds like a great holiday weekend girl!!! I love your vegan skillz….that bumpit thing is hilarious- i went to my friends’ biker bash party last night and my friend natalie was rocking one..i was like you seriously bought that!?? But i’m not gonna lie, i’ve always wanted a turbie twist :D

insideiamdancing July 26, 2009 at 1:26 pm

Aaaaaah…so much cool stuff here. Congrats on your almost 10mph- can I start calling you ‘speedy’? :D

That fruit pizza looks amazing! But dude…you gotta stop. I just bought a muffin pan so I can make your muffins, and now I need a mixer too? You are killing me here! Kidding. I’m just going to come visit, k?

1. favorite holiday?? and why? National Muffin Day. I am assuming this exists but I have no idea when- so that adds to why I love it. I can celebrate it whenever I want.

2. favorite animal?? and why? chicken salad sandwiches (sorry- I am terrified of animals in real life but I LOVE photos of puppies and horses!)

3. what infomercial product sucks you in?? all… I am such an easy target for any marketing. As cynical as I am about ‘life’ stuff when it comes to someone with big blue eyes telling me that something is that missing piece in my life, I fall for it hook, line and sinker. Which is why I own a ‘toaster bag’. I have no idea what this is and have neve used it…but apparently you can cook omelettes in it! I don’t like eggs much so yeah…still in the packaging.

lookingforserenity July 26, 2009 at 2:31 pm

haha im commenting you again! :) but yes when i get my computer back ill deff. post cute pictures of her!!!!! I love snowboarding! I live in northern illinois, so we only have man made hills! hahah, have you heard of granite peak? Its like the biggest hill in the midwest.. its like 5 hours from where I live. But youre soo lucky to live near awesome hills!!! Im jealous!

katecooks July 26, 2009 at 2:32 pm

i love all those fruit pizzas they look amazing. also, your outfits in every photo are SO cute! i am in love with that dress from friday!!!!!!!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) July 26, 2009 at 3:40 pm

what an awesome couple days you’ve been having! i’m jealous of the karaoking and the pool – i could use both right about now! am not envious of those SLC summers, though!

julie July 26, 2009 at 5:29 pm

bumpits ahhhh! hahaha those things are RIDICULOUS. end of story. actually BEYOND ridiculous.

i love your veggie pizza & your mojito drink your friend made you.

uh xmas DEF & puppies!!

you had a GREAT couple of days off filled with some possible “drommenting” hahaha I laughed when I read your comment

Anna July 26, 2009 at 6:40 pm

I just found your blog! I love it! Looks like you got some great work outs in & great eats!!!! I look forward to reading more!!
-Anna

buffmuffy July 26, 2009 at 6:57 pm

haha that is funny! i thought it was an alpine though – it looks just like mine!

Erin July 26, 2009 at 7:49 pm

Oh hon, I am SO in love with your doggies. I want them to have a play date with Hilly bean! And um, I kinda totally dig your man’s tats. It’s hawt. :) I do love the short hair. I’m a BIG sucker for a good lookin manz with shortie pie hair.

Glad you had a great Pioneer Day!

April July 26, 2009 at 8:11 pm

I Love the Magic Bullet commercials. I even had one for 3 years now but still watch it :)

burpexcuzme July 26, 2009 at 9:44 pm

Is it just me, or are you looking more and more beautiful by the post? You are really rocking it, girl!
I love Christmas, penguins, and HATE infomercials! What a waste of my time!

Holly (The Healthy Everythingtarian) July 26, 2009 at 9:57 pm

reasons why janetha and i should be friends:

(1) we both love forever 21.
(2) friends always let friends wear straw glasses and sing journey for karaoke.
(3) cinnamon roll larabars, jamba juice and fruit pizza. nuff’ said.
(4) we both love TWSS references and wakeboarding.
(5) cereal for dinner.
(6) christmas is BOTH our favorite holidays.
(7) we would keep the variety in our relationship – janetha likes dogs, i like dolphins.
(8) infomercials. i love them. bumpits, rocket chefs, magic bullets. you name it, i’ve seen it.

Angharad July 26, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Oh lady…good catch up post! I am way behind on my blog-reading and do not feel at-one with the blogoworld but give me a day and I will be there!

However, I am at one with your blogging world. Love your pups, they are super adorable and if I didn’t like you I’d probably try to steal one.

K, the fruit pizza thing = confused. Is it good?
Marshall’s hair? Wonderful. My boy also has the rectangular glasses/baldy shaved head thing going on….love it long time.
Qs…
1. favorite holiday?? and why? i loved easter at home in england because we would get 3 weeks off school for it (!!!!!!!!!!!) and I’m not religious so it just meant party time central and a lot of chocolate easter eggs. Hollerrrrrrr.

2. favorite animal?? and why? probs dogs. I used to be TERRIFIED of them growing up and couldn’t hang with friends who had them but now I love them so much it hurts and just want to roll around with them all day.

3. what infomercial product sucks you in??
Ok, before I even got to your answer -as soon as I saw the word infomercial, the first thing that popped into my head was bumpits!!!!!! AGH!! Amazing infomercial made of pure genius. We’ve been talking about having a bumpit day at work….can you imagine?!

Jessica (jesslikesithot) July 27, 2009 at 1:06 am

Aww penelope!!!! She’s so precious.

But agreed!! Athenos is NOT creamy whatsover, and such a letdown!! I’m all about the sabra or TJ’s and that’s it! Ha ha ha….so picky! ;)

Looks like you had a great weekend girl, I always love your bbq parties!

Sooo question answers:
1. CHRISTMAS!! I just loveeee the season, loveee wearing scarfs, lovee spending time with family and LOVE christmas music/movies! I did NOT watch enough christmas movies this year!
2. I can’t decide. I love my dog, but I also love my cat! For different reasons.
3. “Bumpits” are TRAGIC. Enough said!

Lara (Thinspired) July 27, 2009 at 3:13 am

I think “Don’t Stop Believing” is the best kareoke song EVER! Hehe. What a fun night!
Vegan fruit pizza?! Can I come over?!

Megan July 27, 2009 at 6:05 am

Mmmm love the fruit pizza… looks amazing!! ANd JAMBA JUICE = I definitely took a detour this weekend just so I could get me some of that!!

And your dogs = CUTEEEEEE x 1000000!!!

Emily July 27, 2009 at 6:32 am

wordpress has been doing the same thing to me! I don’t like it.

Your fruit pizza look gorg! Sounds mad easy too.

I love all holidays! And I love pretty much all animals, except for frogs (I like them, but I get worried because they seem so squishable), horses (just creep me out a little. Deer too; oh yes, deer are creepers), squirrels, and I’m undecided on kangaroos. They seem kind of mean. And, sadly, I’m not up on my infomercials.

Anthony July 27, 2009 at 8:04 am

Test

snackface July 27, 2009 at 9:18 am

I completely melt whenever I see photos of your babies! I love them!!

Looks like a fab weekend witchyo man and co. I totally agree with the fireworks. They freak my shit out, and I don’t want anyone I love to be playing with them.

Vegan fruit pizza must be made in the VegNews kitchen! It looks incred!

-Fave holiday–Christmas! I turn into a mushpie for Christmas. I love the baking, decorating, singing, errything!

-Animal–Dogs! I love them, which has developed intensely over the past year. They are just the sweetest things on Earth. I also have a thing for elephants. Don’t know where that came from, though.

–Infomercials– I haven’t watched TV in so long, so I have no idea what’s going on in the infomercial world!

I hope you have a lovely Monday!

peanutbutterprerogative July 27, 2009 at 10:05 am

omg penelope is so cute…i want her! and yea, athenos is gross BUT they did come out with this new creamy kind which is much better than their original bc its consistency is more like sabra (major yum!). im kind of wishing i lived in utah right now so that i had a fun holiday celebration like yours!

allijag July 27, 2009 at 10:23 am

if penelope goes missing – don’t come looking in cleveland :D

Sarah July 27, 2009 at 12:43 pm

Personally, I like all the puppy shots :)

1. holiday? Thanksgiving! It’s all about food and family. Love it, love it, love it.
2. animal? ARMADILLOS! I LOVE those lil buggers. They’re so cute (but I love dogs of all types, too. I agree on the emotional perception thing.)
3. I can watch any infomercial. I’m pretty sold on TurboJam–think it works?

broccolihut July 27, 2009 at 9:32 pm

Wow that fruit pizza is so professional looking! Bravo.
BTW, I love your red, white, and blue dress–SO CUTE.
1. Fave holiday=Christmas. My birthday is 12/24, so it’s kind of a given. I make a countdown starting in September every year!
2. I, too, love dogs! I have 5 in my life right now, and I love every one of them for different reasons. Dogs SO have personalities, thoughts, and feelings, no matter what anyone else might tell me.
3. I always get sucked in by the kitchen gadgets (shocker!). The Magic Bullet and the GT Express 101 are my faves. The Snuggie one is good for laughs too;)

buffmuffy July 28, 2009 at 9:33 pm

Check out my great dane pics :) just for you!