left unsatisfied.

by Janetha on June 25, 2009

in meals

hello world, i am a bottomless pit today. i have managed to eat and eat and eat and i am just not satisfied. at all! i don’t know what it is! and i am not necessarily starving.. but my taste buds want more from me. for reals. hmph.

oh but before i got on about that.. i must say ALL of your comments in my last post regarding why you are veggie/vegan really were awesome to read! i learned so much about all of you. thanks for sharing your stories with me! it is cool to see all the different paths taken to lead you to your eating lifestyle.  some have always been that way, others have only been that way for a short while. it all intrigues me! it was also fun to see what some of you couldn’t give up if you had to become vegetarian/vegan.  for the most part, looks like greek yogurt & cottage cheese would be hard on most of you.. i agree! in addition to cheese, greek yogurt would be rough on me. although i DO want to try to see what my body responds like without dairy, an idea i have been toying with lately because i have some issues with my insides.. hmm.. something to think about. anyyyway, now i am just rambling!

lemme backtrack a bit to dinner last night though. i baked up something a little random:

baked chicken & veggies w/ balsamic reduction sauce, garlic & chive yukon gold mashed tatos.

meals 005

this was the dish before going into the oven..

meals 001

meals 002

i breaded the chicken with egg whites & wheat germ. wheat germ is so good for you! wayyy better than bread crumbs. i use it for lots of things. do you guys use wheat germ? check out the stats:

germ

and here it is post baking, does not look much different!

meals 004 meals 003

love this blackberry reduction, i need to post a recipe page on it because it is seriously sooo good!

meals 007

i also went on a 5k run in 27 minutes yesterday. i hope i can hang with the 10k, it is right around the corner and i still have NEVER ran that far in one run in my life.  yes, i am worried.

oh, the dogs were their photogenic selves last night!

6-24-09 014 6-24-09 004 6-24-09 008

THURSDAY!

like i said, bottomless pit today. and my camera battery was dead for most of the day so i didn’t even get photos of it all.  i think the problem with me today was two things:

1. i didn’t drink enough water
  2. i didn’t have a proper breakfast, so it set the tone of how the rest of the day would be

i only drank about a half gallon today. usually it is a full gallon or more, that is probably why i felt so hungry.  often times we can mistake thirst for hunger.

this morning i grabbed a vegan blueberry banana muffin on my way out the door. on the way to work i snacked on nature’s path heritage flakes and then once i was at work i didn’t even have time for coffee. ugh.

eventually i got around to charging my camera battery and eating some veggies & hummus because i didn’t know what else to eat…

meals 008

there is fungus among us. and i dig it.

well, that kept my appetite at bay for about an hour and i dove into something you all might find a bit on the strange side. i didn’t know what i was craving though! so here it is:

meals 009

what’s in the bowl?

• fage 0%..about a cup
  • scoop of chocolate protein powder
  • huge heap of PB2
  • nature’s path heritage flakes
  • slivered almonds

odd combo, i know.

meals 010

and then i drowned it all in some unsweetened vanilla almond breeeeeze cause i am breezy.

meals 011

it was a cold mess.

meals 012

i may or may not have added more cereal to it later on.  i think i should not be trusted with any box of cereal. really, i am addicted! it’s bad guys. real real bad.

when i got home i was tired. so tired. more tired that i usually am after a hard day at the office. maybe because i didn’t have any coffee? man that sucks to think i am dependent on that stuff, so i will just say it is because i was up late.

so i took a 2 hour nap.  i dont nap.. but that is what happened.

i woke up HAAANNGGRRRRYYYY. i ate a whole watermelon.  it was one of the small ones, if it makes any difference. it was 3 bowlfulllls. nom nom nom.

meals 014

and then i proceeded to eat the most random bits from my kitchen over the course of a few hours. including:

• slice of ezekiel toast w/ smart balance
  • slice of medium cheddar cheese
  • half piece of sunflower wheat bread
  • another slice of cheese, this time sharp cheddar
  • few slices of deli turkey
  • organic apple + naturally more PB

hmmm. still not satisfied. i had something sweet, something savory, something salty, something crispy.. what the crap do i need?! maybe i will just go to bed. after i finish watching he’s just not that into you of course.. never seen it, this show is pretty alright!

oh i am having a yard sale this weekend, so tomorrow i have MASS amounts of sign making and clothing pricing to do! bahh.. at least i will make some dolla dolla bills y’all.

R.I.P. ed, farrah & michael. bad week for the celebs, no?

lemme tell you about some sweet giveaways!

OH! if you guys haven’t checked out april’s post today, you GOTS TO SEE her purple sweet potato! snackface, purple cheeeetahs?! yesss!

and erryone go send my girl anne some get well vibes! love ya honey!

ok, ima go think about grazing some more.

do you ever get in a big fight with your taste buds and they will just not cooperate with you?!

april June 25, 2009 at 10:35 pm

Yay thanks for the fame!! lol.

I have a question regarding calories. Do you count them? Or on average how much do you think you eat? I am dying for abs like yours and even though I work them out quite often I’m not seeing the results I want. Don’t get me wrong they aren’t bad- but nothing like yours!! lol. could it be that I’m not eating enough? hmmm…

Lynn (The Actors Diet) June 25, 2009 at 10:57 pm

sounds like you’re tired today – w/ the nap and the snackiness….i know i am always hungrier when tired. don’t worry – it’ll all even out tomorrow! g’night!

insideiamdancing June 25, 2009 at 11:49 pm

that sums up my past few days- hungry…kinda, but nothing tastes good or quietens my tum. NOT GOOD. Raaawr. I am loading up on protein today to see if that helps.

Your blackberry reduction sauce sounds amazing- I had no idea wheat germ had that much protein. Hmmm. Need to investigate. I think your cereal mess sounds amazing :D

homegirlcaneat June 26, 2009 at 1:44 am

Girl, you iz hella breezy! Breezy and on the same page as me today…bottomless pit! I kept snacking, but kind of loved it. I ate the phattest scoop of barney butta today with an apple and was DIGGING IT. Then ate dinner at like 4:30 due to hangriness.

It was a bad day to be a celeb :( Sad days.

p.s. Need that reduction sauce recipe. I love me a good sauce/drenching food in deliciousness

coco June 26, 2009 at 4:02 am

it happens all time and as it happens so often I learned to accept the fact that I just have those days and it’s part of the routine too! ;)
GREAT idea to use wheat germ instead of bread crumbs…. really genius idea!!!

Sarah W. June 26, 2009 at 5:53 am

I’m late to the party…..

I’m vegan “ish” after reading several books. I’ve been plagued by stomach pain for 27years and since becoming veganish, my trips to the bathroom are much more pleasant (sorry for the TMI) and my stomach doesn’t hurt anymore!!! Nobody could figure out what this “pain” was but now its gone and I hope it doesn’t come back – just need to keep my GI tract happy :) I say veganish because while I’m still on the fence about eggs (need protein for the time being), I avoid dairy because I think it is the root of all evil, or my stomach probs :) I do eat fish because after reading john robbins heatlhy at 100 book, the longest living ppl eat a plant based diet with fish :) so its got to be healthy right?? as long as youre not eating toxic fishies.

Virginia June 26, 2009 at 6:03 am

i hear ya on the not being satisfied…it happens! your dogs are adorable and i’m not even a huge dog person…mainly because i have never had a dog, i have always had cats my whole life. i was so shocked that mj died!!!

Coco Knudson June 26, 2009 at 6:05 am

I totally hate those days where you just can’t get satisfied no matter what. It’s so uncomfortable!!!! That happens to me a lot when I am hungover :P. Like right now hahaha.
That cereal bowl, mess, mix-up sounds delish. I love adding protein powder to my yogurt and PB2 is effin bomb. I am almost out of my little jar.
I am headed your way to SLC next Thursday!!! I race go-karts out on the Miller Race way track. Do you know that place? It’s a little outside of the city.
I hope you have a fantastic day my dear!!!!

Emily June 26, 2009 at 6:32 am

Girl, you better post that reduction quick-it looks so rad! Maybe it’s the change in weather cuz I’ve been totally insatiable also…

Kailey June 26, 2009 at 6:41 am

ohh those bottomless pit days. I know them too well. They are the bane of my existance. Good for you though for realizing what made you so hungry! haha
mmm a whole watermelon sounds oh so delicious :)

ksgoodeats June 26, 2009 at 6:49 am

Awwww!! The droopy basset eyes just kill me – so cute! I’ve used wheat germ to bread tofu before…it’s good!

No time for coffee?!?!?!?! Wha?!? That shouldn’t be allowed! Your Greeky combo sounds bueno to me!

:( So sad about Ed, Farrah, and MJ! They always come in threes don’t they?!

Susan June 26, 2009 at 6:59 am

I always get super snacky when I’m running on low sleep. There’s a scientific explanation for it, something to do with chemicals and hunger. I usually just go with it. One huge meal will usually satisfy the snackies for me, rather than trying to tame it with a bunch of little things. A 2-hour nap sounds glorious though. I bet you needed it :)

I am melting over your dog pictures! Too cute for words!

Emily June 26, 2009 at 7:41 am

I definitely have those mad ravenous days too. I always feel like there is this one magical food I could eat and be satisfied, but I just don’t know what food that is! And so I must snack incessantly, searching.

I used to eat wheat germ + fruit for breakfast every morning. I don’t know why I stopped…

Have an awesome friday!!

runningyogini June 26, 2009 at 4:36 pm

I’m such a wheat germ fanatic!!! I put it on everything and now I’ve started adding it to my green monsters!! Have a great day ;-)

Kristie June 26, 2009 at 5:27 pm

Oh the the good old bottomless pit… gotta love THOSE days eh…
I haven’t been drinking enough water lately at all or so it feels. Which is ridiculous now that it’s summer and HOT HOT HOT. I’m sure that would definitely help with all of the eating and snacking… maybe I need to start keeping track or something.

I don’t think that cereal combo is weird at all, I think it’s crazy amazing. I love cereal combos like that. And cereal in general. Yes it IS freaking dangerous. I’m trying NOT to buy any more for the time being because I was on serious cereal binge for a little while there. BAD news!

I fight with my taste buds every day. They are being crazy little bitches lately. Grrrr.

Julie June 26, 2009 at 6:05 pm

okay that giant bowl combo looks SO good! the PB2 is the perfect ending to it :) work that appetite girl

Jessica (jesslikesithot) June 26, 2009 at 7:32 pm

Sounds like someone’s metab is going crazyyyy right now!!! It’s all good, just keep feeding it the good stuff, i’m sure your bod is burning through all the nibbles anyway! ;)

Watermelon is the epitome of summer fruit, and I just can’t get enough of it either!!! I’ll eat that (and something with with peanut butter & toast) all day er’eday!

Those doggy pictures are so adorable, please keep ’em coming! :) But hmmm….milk OVER yogurt!?! interesting, i’ve never thought to mix the 2!

burpexcuzme June 26, 2009 at 9:20 pm

Haha, I know what you mean abt the battle against the taste buds…sometimes, the more I eat, the more I crave!
balsamic reduction? wow…do you make your own?

Mom June 26, 2009 at 10:13 pm

Awww, love those darling pup photos! Randall is SO photogenic (sometimes!) Wish you could cook for me everyday! Good luck with the yard sale xoxoxo

snackface June 26, 2009 at 11:04 pm

BABY PUPPIES!!! I’m dying over here. Too cute for words. Where are my puppers? I miss them so much.

Anyway, you know that feeling you’re feeling today? I feel like that most days. It’s insane. I want salty then sweet then juicy then crunchy then salty then sweet…ya know? It’s frustrating, but it shall pass.

Oh my gah it’s 10 pm and I am ready to passs out! I hope you had a fab Friday and I wish you a bossy weekend!

Sweet and Fit June 27, 2009 at 9:07 am

i know exactly what you mean by that bottomless pit feeling! It happens a couple times a week for me – it usually means I haven’t either eaten enough or I just want something reallly sugary!

Christine July 10, 2009 at 7:17 pm

You are such a trooper…blogging, photographing and even baking for your buds when you feel bad! I have to check your blog everyday for a boost…I DON’T DARE peek at any of the others you have listed – I’ll never get anything done! Hope you feel better soon and give those doggies (even the wanderer) a nose kiss for me. Christine