title block.

by Janetha on June 18, 2009

in meals

can’t think of a title. woops. lack of creativity here folks.

yesterday was a complete bust as far as my to-do list went. i got really distracted by a little bird stuck down a pipe in my yard.  if you would like to know the details, you can read all about it by clicking here because i don’t think i have the energy to blog about louise (the bird) again. but it is a good story.

during the whole bird fiasco i had another apple with my square apple slicer.. see what it does to the sides of the apple? so not functional..

meals 135

paired it with some naturally more PB and used my laptop for a table since my kitchen is out of commission..

meals 138

since my kitchen is still an absolute disgusting mess from the party tuesday, my dinner making and treat baking was a no go.  i recently bleached the whole kitchen.. like last saturday.. and now the floors are super black and sticky and there is food sitting out from the party and other random grossness.. and i kind of am boycotting cleaning it. not my party, not my mess. roommates can be tough sometimes, as far as cleaning goes. do you guys run into this issue with roomies? i really wanted to cook! but since it was impossible (the stove was covered in party debris) i just had a tuna salad pita because susan put tuna on the brain.

meals 140 meals 139

not the best photos but they will do.  my tuna salad had:

• tuna (obv)
  • cottage cheese
  • avocado
  • celery
  • pickles
  • dijon
  • sprouts
  • all in a 1/2 alternative brand pita

if you guys like alternative bagels, try the whole wheat pitas! yummmm.

then i dropped a whole jar of pickles on the kitchen floor and it shattered.  did not make the kitchen situation, or my day, any better. so i was worthless the rest of the night. i hung out with my friends, bitched about my bad day, cuddled with my dogs and did absolutely nothing.  it helped, actually.

THURSDAY!

woke up verrry refreshed! but my DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) in my legs was (still is) the most painfulest evvvver. ouch. i can’t walk!  i forgot to photograph the bfast but it was a cereal mess of:

puff mini fiber

oh and some of that 9 grain flax cereal from TJs but google images gave me no love on the fourth ingredient.

i love cereal, sometimes too much.

lunchtime came and i had an odd pair. first was veggies & hummus:

meals 141

with a new kind of hummus for me.. tribe.  i bought it because of the individual servings, each one is 100 calories. i need hummus portion control in my life right now. let’s put it that way.

meals 143

that hummus is DANG GOOD. then again, what hummus is not good?

and then i had my second part of lunch, following a certain snackface trend with my PB banana protein oats in how i sliced and diced that banana..

meals 147

cloooosssseeeerrrrr…

meals 145

makes for a beautiful meal.. until you drown it in almond milk..and more PB…

meals 148

yum.

meals 149

protein oats are not like normal oatmeal. the protein powder cooks a little bit and creates a different consistency.  my mom hates them.  i love them, luckily, because they are super good for you!  do you guys add protein powder to your oatmeal? if so, do you add it before or after cooking it?

i came home and had a little snack.. i couldn’t decide between savory or sweet so i didn’t pick!  instead i made half of an alternative pita, split into two pieces..one side with avocado, salt & pepper and the other side with  naturally more PB!

meals 153

i ate the green and then the brown, naturally.

meals 152

then we walked over to petsmart! yay. and i just got back and typed this. sorry it is uneventful.  can you tell i have not been my usual witty self lately? sorry, some things have been going on with me at work and at home and i think i am a little overwhelmed with life right now, it is hard to grow up. can i please be twenty two again? it is my favorite number.

so for lack of anything else exciting to say..questions always are cool!

1. what was your most favorite age to be? mine was 19, when i lived in london

2. aside from homemade, what is your favorite brand of hummus? mine is probably falafel king

meals373-1

3. best oatmeal mix in? cinnamon!!! and anything else really…

oh and i updated my blogroll, if i missed you please speak up!

i am going to go contemplate dinner, have a great night everyone!

xoxoxo

Anne K. June 18, 2009 at 8:37 pm

I’ve been considering getting one of those apple slicers, but that one doesn’t seem to work too well! Haha.

Oh my gosh, the bird story is crazy! But the bird’s alright now?

I’ve definitely had roomie issues in the past, cleaning-wise (and otherwise. ha, but we won’t go there). It can be super annoying. Love your pita, though!

1) My favorite age… maybe 18? The last part of senior year in high school was fun. Hopefully I have many more fun years to come!

2) Sabra hummus, no contest!!

3) Cinnamon is a given. But other than that, pumpkin and banana! Also cocoa powder, and PB on the spoon. I like my oatmeal complicated ;)

Sweet and Fit June 18, 2009 at 9:00 pm

your tuna salad looks ridiculously good!

thanks for all the great protein advice! you are such an inspiration to me, you have no idea!

I am going to try to get in as much protein as you do – I am just not used to it yet!

Run Sarah June 18, 2009 at 9:28 pm

1 Hmmmm,19 was a fun year!
2 I loveee Tribe hummus!
3 Peanut butterrrr!

Love your massively stuffed pita – the best way to eat them!

carolinebee June 18, 2009 at 9:33 pm

that apple slicer is sillay :D Thx for the blogroll add, i must add u (hehe gotta dust the ol’ blogroll shelves anyway) That totally sucks BALLS about the kitchen sitch- i lived with roommates soph and junior year of college and we had our share of cleaning drama, it was okay when we had a schedule and shared the duties. But i learned it’s basically impossible b/c we all have different standards of adequate/frequency of cleanliness! Ha mine are a bit stringent so i was muy frustrated. I had roommates that left passive/agressive notes, cleaned only THEIR shelf of the fridge- ha so awk I’m kinda glad I live at home now :D Have a great night girl

Mom June 18, 2009 at 9:52 pm

Holy cow, I am laughing so hard about your square apple corer, talk about dysfunctional!! haha xoxo mom

broccolihut June 18, 2009 at 10:44 pm

Who makes a square apple slicer?! Sheesh. I’ve never been a fan of apple slicers anyway–I like my apple slices EXTRA thin…so I can eat more PB.

1) My favorite age…no idea. Maybe I haven’t gotten there yet.
2) Fave hummus: Cedar’s!
3) Fave oatmeal mix-in: pumpkin or almond butter…or maybe both!

mayapamela June 18, 2009 at 11:25 pm

I clicked on your other blog, and I have to say, poor Louise! Or Emilio. Probably my favorite part was the photos of the dogs, they looked so cute peeking at Louise!

insideiamdancing June 19, 2009 at 12:06 am

aww, poor bird :( I live by myself but used to clean up after roommates because otherwise…it would never get clean! Lol. Does your house smell of pickles now?!

I have wanted to try protein in oats but never knew whether to add it before or after.

That’s so cool you lived in London- where about? I was there for 9 years :)

favourite age: 18 was a pretty good year for me
favourite hummus: hmm… I haven’t TRIED that many but Sabra rocks
oatmeal mix-in: peanut butter or Fage twin pots!

Susan June 19, 2009 at 4:46 am

My roommie just moved out, and even though I thought I was the messy one, my place is much cleaner now! It’s so much easier to clean up after just one person, and I don’t have to wait for her to clean things anymore (I think her mess threshold was higher than mine).

I mix the protein powder with the water before I add the oats. Less clumps that way :)

1) My favourite age so far was 17, it all started to go downhill once I turned 18 :P
2) I honestly haven’t bought hummus in so long, I don’t know!
3) Favourite oatmeal mix-in is cinnamon or nut butter, I also really like putting chocolate chips on top :)

Sorry life is stressful right now :( Growing up does sometimes suck…

Coco Knudson June 19, 2009 at 6:37 am

Protein Oats are the only way to go. I always mix Protein powder in!!! I usually nuke my oats for about 1:30, then I mix in the PP, then I nuke it for another 20 seconds or so. Then of course I add a ton of cinnamon!!!!!!!
I am exciting to try one of the Alternative Pitas. I just ate one of their english muffins for bfast with some eggies and they did not let me down, and their only 90 cals. Eat them if you haven’t!!!
Have a great day my dear and I hope you are able to comment on my blog now!! I hate it when technology f’s with us!

Kristin June 19, 2009 at 7:37 am

1. 18 years old, when I lived in Italy!!
But 19 is pretty cool too =)
2. I LOVE Sabra’s hummus, and TJ’s is pretty damn rad too. I’ve never tried falafel king!
3. I love cinnamon too, but I LOVE dried cherries!

Thanks for adding me to your blogroll, I’ll surely add you back =)

jenngirl June 19, 2009 at 7:43 am

When my roommates were here we DEFINITELY had different, um, methods about cleaning. But sometimes I needed to cook so badly, I would just clean up their mess so that I could function. It wasn’t fair, but oh well I guess!

1. So far, I’m LOVING being 21…no anxiety about getting into bars/ordering drinks is pretty great!
2. SABRA!
3. peanut butter is pretty great for a mix-in :)

ksgoodeats June 19, 2009 at 7:46 am

Holy hell YAnehta! First the portion controlled hummus THEN the PB/naners THEN the pita combo – I’m in love!

Square apple slicer is silly! Who would make that?! I hope everything is alright :(

I want details about living in London! That’s my dream!!

Favorite age – 21 is pretty fun but I didn’t hate being 17 either!
Favorite hummus – BASHA!!!!! It’s the ONLY kind I buy :)
Favorite oat mix in – uhhh…..I don’t eat oats but I bet PB2 would be fantastic!

happyvegetables June 19, 2009 at 7:55 am

The pickle juice probably made the kitchen cleaner… you know… it helped remove some of the other grossness on the floor. :)

Em June 19, 2009 at 8:48 am

What the hell is up with the people that thought up that apple slicer?! It doesnt seem to be very functional to me, either…and everyone knows that a functional apple slicer is a must!

I’m not really sure what my favorite age was to be…probably around 19 or 20, because I had it MADE then…being paid to go to school, no worries in the world.

My fave hummus brand is probable athenos. but I havent really tried a lot of other brands. And fave oatmeal mix in? bananas or cinnamon…or anything really, there we go with our indecisiveness. haha.

Hope your havinga great day dear! <3

p.s. I totally showed the new roomie your blog, and told her that if you lived here we would all totally be real life friends. haha.

Kailey June 19, 2009 at 11:18 am

love the overflowing pita :) they make the best meals!!

Danica June 19, 2009 at 5:33 pm

I LOVE how your laptop is covered in stickers :) I totally picture that with you.

Sorry your day was such a bummer and that whole pickle incident sucks. Roomies can be cool but at times – they can suck too.