happy national eat all your veggies day!

by Janetha on June 17, 2009

in meals,moves

yes that is right friends, today is the day to shove your face with vegetables if you don’t already.  so celebrate accordingly.

well, i have had a day.  this morning walked into a HUGE debacle with a customer’s order being seriously wrong—i am in the construction bizzz and so when something is made wrong it is no bueno.  i got in a yelling match with my sales dude. not rad. on the phone with my work computer tech guy for two hours trying to work out the kinks on my computer. starved to death. finally ate lunch. sigh.

haven’t been able to be online or on my computer all day up until a bit ago, when i had to actually do some real work.. so now i am just catching up with blogland!  my reader creeped over 100 and that gives me anxiety so i decided to post instead of read. yes, i am a tad crazy.. don’t judge :)

TUESDAY!

meals

for the sake of speed, i am going to post yesterday’s meals/events in a pretty brief way..

breakfast=PB banana protein oats! plus coffee

meals 015

meals 013

meals 014

lunch=salad w/ butter lettuce, spinach, sprouts, cauliflower, mushrooms, snap peas, broccoli, cucumbers, tomato, dijon, hummus + rachel’s red pepper cottage cheese (loved it)

meals 016

meals 018

meals 019

dinner=couscous chickpea salad

meals 021

wham bam thank you maam.

moves

my workout fell between the lunch and the dinner.. i did a lower body workout that went like this:

QUADS/ABS

• bulgarian split squats w/ 10# dumbbell in each hand: 3 sets of 12 each leg
  • alternated those squats with 20 bench tuck crunches
  • then i did 40 ball crunches.

HAMSTRINGS/ABS

• stiff leg dead lifts w/ 30# barbell: 3 sets of 15 reps
  • alternated the dead lifts with 20 reverse crunches
  • then did 40 ball crunches.

MORE ABS

• 25 situps on decline bench
  • 50 oblique twists on decline bench
  • 25 situps on decline bench
  • 50 oblique twists on decline bench

that brings my ab rep total to 350 for yesterday. my goal for the week is 1000.

MORE QUADS

while waiting for the calf raise machine i did

• 3 sets of 15 reps on the leg press @ 80#

GLUTES

i was still waiting for the machine.. hate that.. so i did the kick back glute machine thingie.. don’t know the name?

• 3 sets of 12 reps each leg on the glute kickback machine

CALVES

• 3 sets of 15 reps @ 20# on the standing weighted calf raise machine

the end.

so then i went home and it was my roomie’s birthday!  she turned 20.  ohhh to be young again. i am old.

she made the bombest feast that i had to miss out on because i had prior engagements!  but she made this stuff:

meals 020

chips, pico, guac, chicken, black bean & corn salsa.. all home made (cept for the chips)  and then after i left she made fish tacos.. sigh, cry, janetha b. missed out big time!

but that was ok, because marshall and i went to isis.. which is a super wonderful band, loved the show, loved the company, loved every minute of it although i can’t hear today.  yes, it was one of those loud bands where it is a good idea to wear ear plugs. i didn’t.

when we got home from the show there was another show waiting for us.  all my roommates and friends, hilarious.  i got my roomie a pinata for her birthday!  here are the highlights.

hanging it with rock climbing rope…

meals 022

birthday girl trying to hit it..

meals 025

missing a zillion times and then taking off the blindfold and still missing it…

meals 028

giving up and swinging from the rope instead, like a monkey..

meals 029

then it finally broke! candy errrywhere…

birthday girl wrestling for candy.. with her mom and aunt and jessica no less..

meals 032

pete is stoked…

meals 037

then i realized candy on ground + 5 dogs = disaster, so me, being one of the only sobers, picked it all up….

meals 039

no she does not normally rock the bandana, it was the blindfold from pinata time. ha..

meals 040

yes i am always wearing those hoodie dresses, i have 3-black, white and navy. they are from american apparel, they are meant to be long hoodies, but for me.. they work as a dress. i love it.

no candy for marshall and i. our new years resolution was no more candy, we both have not had a bite since december. yesss.

WEDNESDAY!

well you already read about my rough day, so i will post the two meals i have had thus far and call it good.. sorry for my lack of narration..

meals

breakfast=parfait ala k minus the parfait glass :(

voskos, cranbran vita, PB..

meals 041

meals 042

gasp… PB mixed into greek yogurt IS SO AMAZING. i forgot how much i love it..

meals 045

meals 046

lunch = weird..

• alternative wrap split in half
  • 2 egg whites + 1 egg scrambled
  • 1/3 avocado
  • 2 oz spicy chicken
  • sprouts
  • LCL wedge
  • mushrooms
  • s&p

meals 047

up close of each side..

meals 049 meals 048

then i smacked them together and ate it..

meals 050

twas delish. promise.

okay, sorry this post blew. what can i say, i am exhausted from my job. these things happen. i need a raise. i say that a lot, but this time i mean it!

well, i think tonight i will:

• run as far as i can on the treadmill (i have a doc appt about my knee on monday)
  • eat a slew of veggies and hummus
  • make something creative for dinner
  • bake some treats for the vegans
  • play with my dogs
  • read blogs
  • do laundry
  • trim my bangs

yeah.. sounds like a good plan. i am off in a half hour. that is 30 minutes too much.

xo!

P.S. i will try to catch up on all your blogs.. sorry.. i have been a busy bee. buzzzz.

ksgoodeats June 17, 2009 at 4:36 pm

Does this give me an extra excuse to eat more hummus then?

HAHA the pinata shenanigans cracked me up! Looks like a great birthday was had! Hope your ears are feeling better – on NYE my ears rang for two days afterward – OY!

Your lunch and parfait (holla!) look insanely delicious!! I love the randy lunch combo – what’s NOT to love?! Hope you got your list accomplished and that work wasn’t too horrible!

Erin June 17, 2009 at 5:12 pm

LOVE the sweater dress thing. Totz cute!

Sorry life is a bear right now. Boo. The parfait is good lookin, as usual. LOL at the birdie pinata!

Run Sarah June 17, 2009 at 5:53 pm

Love your PB & oats…the pinata photos are awesome too, haha. I need to try on one of the hoodie dresses too cute…I’m super short and had ridic short legs so tunics work as dresses for me!

jenngirl June 17, 2009 at 7:17 pm

Yay for veggie day…obvi, I was all over it.

Looks like your roomie had a fun party, I love pinatas! And mmm mmm that parfait a la K looks delicious!!

Enjoy your night :)

Anne K. June 17, 2009 at 9:50 pm

Haha I ate enough salad to feed a small (or large typical American) family today! I think I’m set on the veggies :D

Ugh sorry about the work drama! That pretty much sucks.

Your roomie’s party looked like a lot of fun. I love the pinata!

Mmm, I love parfaits! I hope you have a great night.

broccolihut June 17, 2009 at 10:32 pm

Yay! So glad you liked the cottage cheese!
I think I did my part in celebrating “Eat Your Veggies” Day. Oh wait, I think I over-celebrate everyday…

Susan June 18, 2009 at 5:40 am

I looove pinatas! Congrats on giving candy up for so long!! You are much stronger than I :P

Awesome workout, I like how you throw in abs throughout. I should try that, usually I tack it on at the end and end up half-assing it.

I wear earplugs at shows too. It makes me feel old, but at least I’m not a deaf old person!! :P

Hope today is a stress-free work day for you!! :)

Tina June 18, 2009 at 6:22 am

Understand the business, so just go on and do your thing, because before you know it you’ll realise you’ve been busy blogging for the last 3 hours and you still have a gazillion things to do!

Thanks so much for your comment, your a real sweetheart and don’t sweat it, just reply when you have time. I can empathise with the lack of time to be very involved in blogland now, I’m sneaking in this read/comment as it is…

Love the salads and veggies, I’ve been stocking up on my vegcreativity this week (there will be photos in my next post)!

And wow, I’ve never heard of a Bulgarian squat before XD, for shame, I feel like I’ve let down my country (this will definitely be one of the things I’m googling asap…)

Love you!

xx

insideiamdancing June 18, 2009 at 7:11 am

ack, sorry about the work stress… I am not working right now so if you want to fly me over, I’d be happy to help :P

concert sounds like fun, and what a cool party- I’ve never had a go at a pinata but candy flying through the air sounds like the kind of thing I’d like!

I am celebrating “eat veggies day” all week long…every week! lol. Costing me a fortune, but SO worth it. Hummus + veggies = happy me. Also do the ‘parfait sans glass’ since trying it once and dropping it everywhere…seems to be an art in making AND eating those things! Ah, whatever. Tastes good.

Have a great Thursday Janetha- ALMOST the weekend!

Coco Knudson June 18, 2009 at 7:58 am

Delish looking egg wrap with avocado and the whole shabang! OH man how good is greek yogurt and PB!!?? You should get PB2 and mix it into your greek yogurt. I like it even better!!!!!
In response to your comment yesterday (i think). I am a skier big time!!! Love it! I go to park city to race all the time!!!
I live in Sun Valley, Idaho…I’m sure you’ve heard of it being from SLC. I am taking classes in Boston right now though.
Keep up the bomb ass food cuz I am going to copy some of your eats hahaha.

Michelle June 18, 2009 at 8:41 am

LOL love the rolling around on the floor for the pinata!! Funny! That parfait looks tasty! Sorry about the work woes…I hear ya on that one! :)

Jessica (jesslikesithot) June 18, 2009 at 12:49 pm

Oh, stop it girl!….this post was great! That lunch and the parfait look delicious, I really need to try throwing eggs into a sandwich/wrap sometime soon, AND I need more vitamuffins! Hmmm, but which flavor to buy?! I’ve only found the chocolate and cran in the stores near my house, but i’m hoping to find the banana or blueberry flavors!!

Love the party pics, and love that hoodie dress!! You can be comfy AND cute, all at the same time…legit!

Emily June 18, 2009 at 1:26 pm

1. we are so on the same page about these celebration days! any excuse for a party :) not that I am having any parties, really :(
2. the banana protein oats look soo good
3. happy birthday roomie!
4. LOVES american apparel. i totally have few items there that i esp love and purchase in various colors
5. have a great day! hope work is better!

Julie June 18, 2009 at 1:40 pm

oooh i loveee those sweatshirt dresses! i would totally be too tall to do that. damn!

your oats look fab girl!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) June 18, 2009 at 2:37 pm

agreed – PB in yogurt = who knew how good? why didn’t my momma feed me this as a kid?

Sarah June 18, 2009 at 3:06 pm

don’t you know that every day is eat all your veggies day?? :-)
i hope today was a better day at work. and i loved the pinata recap! i haven’t done a pinata in forever, all that candy!

Danica June 19, 2009 at 5:37 pm

Man – I hope I ate ALL my veggies this day :) LOVED the pinata and all the party pics – it must have been a hoot to see them all partying it up.

YUM to your cranbran vita yogurt pb combo!