friday…so far.

by Janetha on June 12, 2009

in meals

exciting title eh? well that is exactly what this post is. my 2 meals + 1 snack so far today.. and i only have about 5 minutes before i am bailing to get ready for tonight..

guess where i am going tonight?!?! i got tickets for it over a month ago…do you remember? joel mchale! dude, he is soo funny. i am amped! and plus, he is probably waaay better live than he is on the soup, because he gets to use his own material. i’m really excited! marshall is taking me out to dinner and then we are going to see joel. perfect night planned.

i’ve got to get some running done before we leave.. i don’t know how that will fit in. i need to turn into a morning workout person right freaking now. sigh. i just can’t hang with the mornings!

breakfast was good, but not as good as jenn’s i bet. i had peaches & cream oats and of course my usual coffee.

this bowl included:

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder

then i cooked them and topped them with

• splash of almond milk
  • 1/2 of a peach
  • scoop of oikos 0% greek yogurt
  • not enough cinnamon (i added a lot more after the photo)

yum, i love peaches and i can’t wait to get some fresh from the farmer’s market!

i made peanut butter cookies today because it is

national peanut butter cookie day

today! i ate a little baby one that i made, about a quarter of what the size of these are..

mine:

this is the easiest peanut butter cookie recipe ever!!

• 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg

mix and bake at 325 degrees [f] for 10 minutes. viola!

for lunch i did a little something different and threw together a random plate of stuff..

• 4 slices turkey
  • some turkey pepperoni ~10 maybe?
  • broccoli
  • poyple cauliflower
  • reg cauliflower
  • mushrooms
  • cheddar cheese
  • hummus
  • cottage cheese

this was fun to eat!  i made different little combos..

such as pepperoni, cheddar & mushroom

and turkey, hummus & broccoli

i ran some errands for work, did some paperwork, read some blogs, and this all worked up an appetite, but i didn’t want to spoil said appetite because i am sure i will go somewhere good for dinner!  so i had this lil’ fruit cup.  perfect tiding over snack!

okay, hate to cut this short but if you are really feeling like reading my ramblings i am sure the long ass thai post below will keep you busy!  i will be back tomorrow, have a rad friday night everybodyyyy!

oh.. here are some weird links i got in my about.com email today:

mmmk, i’m out!

Susan June 13, 2009 at 5:15 am

I love snack plates! So fun to eat! And that’s an awesome peanut butter cookie recipe. But I mean, why do we even need the sugar and egg? Straight up PB please! :P

And I sucked at that picture quiz. I have no perception of reality :P

Hope you had enough fun last night for the both of us!! I was sound asleep by 9pm to be up for work…

Coco Knudson June 13, 2009 at 6:23 am

Love your little combo plate. Shmorgasboards (?) of food are the best. Those PB cookies sound so delish. I may have to make them!!! PB cookies are by far my fav, but I love them when they have oats in them!

ksgoodeats June 13, 2009 at 7:16 am

OH MY GOSH! I hope you had a blast seeing my husband last night ;) Please tell me he was amazing! I am so jealous!

Holy cow – that lunch looks amazing! I love it!! I did not know that yesterday was national PB cookie day – I’ll have to celebrate a day late!

ellie June 13, 2009 at 7:40 am

that snack plate looks great! I had no idea it was PB cookie day (I think every day should be PB cookie day :D ) Does the recipe have no flour? That’s cool!

Hope you had an amazing Friday night- sounds great and can’t wait to hear more! I gave you a shout-out (and a picture!) on my blog :P

carolinebee June 13, 2009 at 8:03 am

OOo have fun with joel!

jenngirl June 13, 2009 at 9:37 am

I dunno that peaches’n’cream combo sure sounds tasty…

I love the variety on that plate, everything looks delicious!! Have a good weekend!

broccolihut June 13, 2009 at 10:21 am

National Peanut Butter Cookie Day?? How did I miss this? Do you think it’s OK if I celebrate a day late?

Anne K. June 13, 2009 at 10:40 am

I hope you had an awesome time last night! Joel Mchale is so hilarious!

Yummy cookies! I love how that recipe is pretty much all PB and sugar. Delish :D

I can’t wait to read about your night!

Megan June 13, 2009 at 10:52 am

ahh i love your snackie plate!! that food looks sooo good and i love all the combos.. endless possibilities!! and peanut butter cookes… = LOVE. i love how there are so few ingredients!! i hope you had fun last night.. i can’t wait for a recap :)

Run Sarah June 13, 2009 at 11:33 am

I loveee pb cookies, yum! Love your peaches & cream oats, I have to try that out. Have an awesome weekend!

Sarah June 13, 2009 at 3:01 pm

“i topped them with not enough cinnamon” … i love it! you can never have too much cinnamon :-) those little finger food combos in your lunch are so fun. interactive meals are the best!

Jessica (jesslikesithot) June 13, 2009 at 4:24 pm

HAVE FUN TONIGHT YOU LUCKY GIRLL!!!! Ahhh, my mom and I love the soup. I just love his facial expressions…I guarantee he’ll be even better live, there won’t be any of those cheesy liners that E! makes him say! haha!

And love your lunch platter, it’s always fun to mix and match with different dips and toppings! I felt rebellious (hahah) and didn’t take a picture of today’s lunch, but I dipped my chips AND wrap into the salsa, threw some of the chips in my wrap…even dipped the carrots in the salsa….I was all over the place! :)