rainy sunday=mass productivity!

by Janetha on June 7, 2009

in meals

hi everyone! two posts in one day? wow janetha must have a lot of time on her hands, right?

how did the weekend pan out for all of you? my day has been really productive because we were stuck indoors due to thunderstormy stormness! we had originally planned to spend the day at the park, plans were foiled! but that is ok, i got a lot done.

after i posted that blog down there from earlier today, i made some sweet potato rounds.. sometimes the sweet potatoes at the store are white.. sometimes they are orange.. sometimes they have both.. sometimes they are called yams.. sometimes they are called sweet potatoes.. i don’t really know the science behind it all.. i just know they are TASTY!

angelic snacky goodness

and then i proceeded to clean my entire room, clean out my closet and both of my dressers and MADE myself make a huge “yard sale” bin. you see, my room is the size of a shoebox. and not an adult shoebox.. the shoebox that a five year old’s shoes come in. good thing i am little because i barely fit in this little room of mine. i have issues with parting with my clothes. serious issues. so when i filled up most of a 20 gallon bin full of items to get rid of, this was a huge accomplishment! for reals. i just need to get rid of them quick so i don’t have second thoughts!  do you guys have that same logic.. “oh i haven’t worn this in two years, but WHAT IF i need to wear it sometime to really perfect an outfit? better keep it for another two years!” ugh, i wish i could change my mentality. i am working on it!

then it was grocery store time! love it. i didn’t get much, but i had to go to get some muuuch needed produce and a few other items to get me through the week. here are my non produce finds:

• eggs
  • couscous
  • fage 0% (yes just one. it is WAY cheaper at WF so this is just to get me through until i can get to WF)
  • frank’s red hot
  • fat free half n half (for those weekend cheat coffees)
  • coffee
  • sabra.. i know i said i was going to make my own hummus next time but this was on sale for two bucks off!
  • PB & Co DCD! im a virgin to any PB & Co PBs!!

this was on sale so i went for it. i hope i like it.. i am sure i will.

and then the produce included:

• cucumbers
  • cauliflower
  • avocado
  • broccoli
  • sweet taters
  • tri color bell peppers
  • carrots
  • crimini mushrooms

oh and i got 2 new plates! i love buying new dishes.

and then i set out to make my very first ever participating recipe in a BSI challenge! i made stoplight stuffed peppers. you can check out my recipe by clicking riiight here!

while i was cooking i had a cucumber & hummus plate. on one of the new plates :)

and then i chopped up the cauliflower and some didn’t fit in the tupperware so i threw that on the plate with more hummus. ima turn into a garbanzo bean. true story.

i did the shred while the peppers baked.

here was my finished product! red means stop, green means go. but in my case, red meant go because that is the one i ate. after dousing it in frank’s & annie’s of course.

finished off dinner with a camera shy calcium chew.  i think i might have to sample the DCD tonight.. maybe.

well tomorrow is the start of another busy week! the weekends fly by too fast for me. i am sure you all feel the same. i have a wedding reception to go to tomorrow as well as a busssy day at work AND marshall gets home! yaaay. i miss that nerd.

oh! i have decided to run the 4th of july 10k with my brother in law, and marshall said he wants to run with us too! so that will be fun. i have only done a 5k so a 10k will be a new challenge for me and my bunk knees.

anyyyway, i am going to go catch up on my blog stalking reading and then think about calling it a night. whenever i work out late at night i have a hard time going to sleep. how about you guys?

here are my goals for the week, in case you wondered, i am sure you did:

• drink 1 gallon of water a day
  • 3 high intensity interval training work outs
  • 3 weight training work outs
  • 6 days of shred
  • 1000 ab reps total for the week
  • run 10k to see how long it takes
  • make an appt with the accounting advisor at the U since i’ll be enrolling
  • try a new recipe
  • try a new food

i think those are some good ones for now.

what are your goals for this week??

xo. janetha b!

Run Sarah June 7, 2009 at 11:02 pm

I feel your confusion with yams vs. sweet potatoes…sometimes at our grocery store they just call them “Yams/Sweet potatoes”, so I think the store merchandisers get confused too! Thanks soooo much for your Hawaii link…your trip looked so awesome I am stoked for mine! I will def. check out some of the sights you did. Hope you love DCD…its my fav.

Anne K. June 8, 2009 at 7:08 am

That’s awesome you cleaned out your room! I always start and then get so overwhelmed. I’m like…. ok yea i’ll do this later!

I actually tried to figure out the yams vs. sweet potatoes thing once. I just got more confused. I think there’s technically a difference, but some supermarkets use them interchangeably.

Ooh DCD! It’s so good– I hope you love it :D Great goals for the week! Mine: get all my appointments done, have lunch with my friend, practice harp and get ready for my lesson, drink more water!!, try some new recipes… hmm I’m sure there’s more.

Well have a fabulous monday, girl!

ksgoodeats June 8, 2009 at 7:59 am

Since I’m verging on Oompah Loompah status I wish I could find white SPs – I would love to devour that plate! I’m the same way with clothes! WHAT IF I need to wear this horrid sparkly pink tank top at some point?! ;)

Those peppers look AWESOME! As does the hummus plate! At least chickpeas have a cute name? If you’re going to turn into a bean it’s better to be that than say KIDNEY?! Good luck with your goals!!

Marisa (trim the fat) June 8, 2009 at 8:10 am

Awesome stash!!!

Yum to the hummus!

Danica June 8, 2009 at 11:15 am

I am seriously jealous of you $2 Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and your Dark Chocolate PB – I WISH they had that kind of PB out here *sigh*

Great goals for the week – you will totally meet them.

go easy on prepping for the 10K if you haven’t been running alot. It should take you around an hour or so to do it….You can always do run walk intervals to start if you need to – run 3-5 minutes, walk 1-2 minutes and such.

Have a fantastic Monday…..if that is at all possible :)

Jessica (jesslikesithot) June 8, 2009 at 12:06 pm

I found Dark Chocolate Dreams yesterday for the first time toooooo!!! I tried it last night with some strawberries and an english muffin and loved it!! I still love the white chocolate wonderful even more though! If you find that one, please buy it!

Good luck with this week’s goals! My goals are….to be determined! ;)

Virginia June 8, 2009 at 12:25 pm

the dark chocolate dreams is amazing! you will love it!

Mom June 8, 2009 at 1:57 pm

You know you put me to shame! You get SO much done and I am such a slug, I can at least claim the “hey I gave birth to you” line!! haha
Love the posts, photos, recipes and news on your life, just in case you forget to tell me something during one or our many great calls throughout the day!! xoxoxo

Susan June 8, 2009 at 2:49 pm

I don’t know if it’s just cause I’m in Atlantic Canada and the only thing we can grow here are potatoes, but my grocery store has two loooong produce aisles dedicated to potatoes. Trying to figure out which to buy makes my head hurt. Oh, and there’s also a potato research centre in my city. Maybe they can settle the sweet potato/yam debate?

Love the pepper recipe!! Super simple and awesome stats, my favourite kind of recipe!! :) And yay for the 10k!!!

Are you enrolling in university?

homegirlcaneat June 8, 2009 at 6:17 pm

YOU WILL LOVE DARK CHOCOLATE DREAMS!!! It tastes exactly like a reese’s cup! Next up you gotsta try white chocolate wonderful!

And I love how your groceries are exactly what I get! Fage, PB, SABRA!! sh!!!!t girl, LOVES IT

Julie June 8, 2009 at 8:00 pm

girl you found PB on sale?! I’m glad you capitalized on that :)
those peppers look a-may-zing!
you’re gonna rock out on that 10K fo sho man!

Megan June 8, 2009 at 8:55 pm

Um Dark Chocolate Dreams = CRACK. If I were to “taste” some from the jar I think I would end up eating half of it!! I can’t wait to hear how you like it!!

broccolihut June 8, 2009 at 10:55 pm

Loving the Dark Chocolate Dreams and broccoli…just don’t eat them together.

Lori June 9, 2009 at 7:05 pm

D’oh! That chocolate stuff looks divine! Yum!