catching up.

by Janetha on June 7, 2009

in meals

hey friends! i have been a slack ass this weekend, but it is all with good reason: i was doing what geminis do best.. social butterflying! let’s catch up the eaaaats.

friday night i didn’t have an actual dinner, instead i pulled a snackface and munched on some randomness at it’s best!

bbq popped chips from TJ’s (thanks danica!)

hummus, cukes, mushrooms & the last of my black bean quinoa salad

sweet potato rounds

couple handfuls of PB&A from TJ’s (thanks danica!)

then i wanted a protein shake. i opened the freezer to get some blueberries and i was then involved in a very brutal blueberry avalanche!! um yeah.. it was tragic really. i did manage to not let ALL the berries spill and was able to whip this bad boy up:

it had blueberries, strawberries, vanilla protein powder & soy milk. it was so thick it barely poured out from the vitamix! yum!

for the sake of being quick, i will leave friday at that.

SATURDAY!

got up right before penelope’s training class.. so i had no time to make bfast. i quick-like grabbed a handful of crack peanut butter filled pretzels (thanks danica!)

and then after class i had a lunch date with my bestest friend kristen (in town from the AZ.. she moves back to utah in july i really can’t wait!) so i just had a snack to tide me over until lunch.. ezekiel toast+crunchy almond butta+homemade raspberry jam (thanks mom) so i just typed “raspberry ham” instead of “jam”..ugh raspberry ham??? no thanks.

my boyfriend is in california. he is always making fun of me for photographing my food. but guess what he did? sent me a photo of his breakfast. he’s cute. oh and he also sent me a photo from outside the volcom store.. i do believe that means he got me some souvenirs! yessss.

i cruised downtown to meet up with kristen.  i took marshall’s subaru. he told me not to drive it.. ;) oops!

we were trying to decide where to eat. WELL she has never had indian food. what?! yeah you heard me right. so naturally we went to the himalayan kitchen and proceeded to stuff ourselves beyond what is lady like.

vegetable samosas: potatoes, green peas and spices wrapped in a homemade pastry dough

naan

chicken tikka masala: boneless chicken barbecued in tandoor oven, then cooked with bell pepper, tomatoes, cream and spices

mushroom chicken: boneless breast meat cooked with fresh mushrooms, onions and spices

oh man. i was so full. oh and kristen loved it! success! she has a very broad palette so i knew she would digg.

so basically this kept me full for the rest of the day & night.  when you guys eat out do you stay full forever?! i do. bcause i eat larger portions than i usually would and my stomach is like “damn janetha what did you just do to me?!” but my taste buds thank me profusely so it’s all good in the hood!

well since i have no more food photos for saturday i will entertain you all with some party pics! my nearest and dearest friend corey owns a super chic clothing shop/art gallery here in the SLC and there is a giant parking lot behind the building where he is always throwing shin digs. super fun. im going to plug his ultra rad shop now.. go shop at FICE!!

corey + janetha

kristen+ janetha en route

cody + janetha

tall people enjoy taking photos next to me, it fascinates them. yes, i’m a shortie.
andy + janetha

fun times! yayer!

SUNDAY!

i like to cook, i made my roomies huevos rancheros for bfast!

zoom in effect..

all mixed up

and drank lotsa coffee.

and marshall sent me a photo of his breakfast again :) he misses me i think.

and now i am blogging my face off.. sorry this is really not so full of commentary or anything, i just don’t have it in me today! i read like 89 posts on my google reader before typing this, so i am kinda spent. i am sure you all understand :)

instead, here are some adorable shots of miss penelope jane and mister randall bernard!

have a happy sunday!

questions:

1. how do you make your sweet potatoes? i would love to hear other methods. i switch it up from doing rounds and long fries.. and i spray them with olive oil and sprinkle cajun spice and cinnamon on them and then bake, flipping them halfway through.

2. do your friends/family ever take photos of their food to show you what they ate? maybe marshall secretly wants to be a food blogger.. haha no, prob not!

P to the S.. today is national chocolate ice cream day!

ksgoodeats June 7, 2009 at 3:36 pm

Snack Facing is the way to go!! Between the hummus/mushrooms/quinoa and the SPs, I’m in love!

You all look so cute in the party pics! You’re so nice to make your roomies breakfast! I would pull out cereal and milk and be like, “bowls are over there!”

I’m in love with the puppers! I just want to squeeze ’em! I make my sweet ‘taters the same way as you but use salt and pepper. Sometimes I cook it on a baking sheet other times I cook them on a cooling wrack :)

Jessica (jesslikesithot) June 7, 2009 at 4:04 pm

The puppies are absolutely PRECIOUS!!! I’m glad that you had such a good weekend girl, and that’s adorable that you’re bf sent a picture of HIS breakfast!!! haha…they all laugh at first, but then eventually they want to be apart of it too! ;) (my mom for example, always wants me to take pictures of HER meals, whenever they are creative now-a-days!).

Ahhh! I LOVE fluffly, warm, doughy naan bread!! I’m sure it was amazing!! And i’ve said it before and i’ll say it again…you’re so cute! I love your hair!! haha….

Susan June 7, 2009 at 4:36 pm

1. My favourite way to eat sweet potatoes is cooked in the microwave, split in half, and smothered in cottage cheese.
2. I don’t get pictures, but people for some reason always feel the need to tell me what they ate for the day after reading me blog :P

I LOVE samosas!!! For some reason my small city in Atlantic Canada is completely obsessed with samosas. They sell them everywhere and people will wait for hours just to get some. I think there’s like three Indian families in my town making a killing off supplying our samosa habit :P

Also, your dogs are freakin’ adorable. And you’re not short, dude is just crazy tall. :P

Nicole June 7, 2009 at 5:29 pm

You look and remind me so much of one of my friends!!

Anne K. June 7, 2009 at 6:27 pm

Love the quinoa salad and sweet potato. But oh nooo, what a blueberry tragedy! Glad you were able to save some. The smoothie looks so creamy!

You are so freaking cute! Love the restaurant, and I also stay full for so freaking long when I go out to eat. It’s pretty much crazy.

And dang girl how tall are you? You’ve gotta be taller than me… I’m barely 5’0!

The pups are adorable! They make me want a dog :D Haha I love how Marshall is sending you his food pics. Awesome! My mom will sometimes make a meal and be like “omg you need to tell the blog people about this!” or, she’ll have me take a pic of her food. she’s so cute! she also always makes sure that I have nice dishes when we make a family dinner, and that my presentation looks nice. haha!

jenngirl June 7, 2009 at 7:22 pm

Great weekend recap! I really want to try some Indian food now, those chicken dishes sound incredible!

Sorry for being random, but I LOVE your hair, the style and color, so pretty :)

Love the puppy pics, adorable!!

Em June 7, 2009 at 7:34 pm

Ok, I am sooo confused by the short/tall picture. Either that guy is GINORMOUS or you are wayyy shorter than I imagined. haha. really, is he on a chair or something?! that is ridic!

Sounds like you may have some food blogging competition with the BF. You know he probably secretly has been food blogging for years, and just makes fun of you for a cover! ;). My sister has gotten into the art of taking pictures of her food to show me, but usually it is something crrrazzyy. haha.

Hope the BF brings you back some awesome goodies from CA! Have a great night girl <3

happyvegetables June 7, 2009 at 8:30 pm

Sweet potatoes are usually sliced into fries, and baked with a little evoo (or spray) and sea salt, pepper & some sort of spice (cumin, cayenne, cajun, etc.)

Nope. None of my friends or fam take food pics like me! :(

Have a great night!

snackface June 7, 2009 at 10:35 pm

Hell yeah, SnackFacing! Thanks for the shout-out, babe! I swear by eating that way.

I eat sweet potatoes the same way all the time, so I cannot help you there. You could mash ’em though, that would be delicious.

My family always wants me to take pics of what they’re eating. My dad, especially, is adorable. He always asks if I want to take a pic of his dinner, he waits to eat until I’m finished taking photos, he helps set up the shots…so freakin’ cute!

Whoah that man is tall. He would make even me look short, and I’m 5’10”.

I think we both know I’d definitely read your man’s blog if he had one. Nuff said there.

Thank you so much for the puppy pics! I miss mine and those definitely helped!

I hope you have a lovely night and a fab start to the week!

Danica June 7, 2009 at 10:39 pm

LOVE those popchips!!! Thanks for all the thanks LOL…..

Your party looks like a fun time – LOVE all the pictures.

I am cracking up at Marshall sending you food pics – too funny!

It sounds like you had a fantastic weekend.